2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

25 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

That would almost make no sense because those type of conversations would have happened before he decided to return. 

I’m presuming Sarkisian promised him a chance to earn it in the spring but with an understanding they’d need him at nickel if he didn’t win CB outright.  

That said, if those suggesting Brooks are right, perhaps that’s partially due to Brooks being told he’s going to lose some snaps to Barron.  Either way, both would be looking at ‘24 as a contract year.  

1 hour ago, HillCountryBevo said:

Sorrel? Burke? Brooks? Can’t be Hill or Muhammad

fuck I hope it’s Taafee

Not getting the Taffe hate. His elite athleticism and instincts are unmatched. Just watch how quickly he closes here at 2:22. 

That's what we need.

• Haha 6
  • Rage+1 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

14 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

Not getting the Taffe hate. His elite athleticism and instincts are unmatched. Just watch how quickly he closes here at 2:22. 

That's what we need.

Elite change of direction tbh. Too bad it was vertical—> horizontal 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

That's what we need.

Well, the linebacker was the coverage guy and he was beaten by about 7 yards, Taaffe thought the ball was thrown behind Blue and instead of lighting Blue up, fucked up and went towards the ball. In all, a pretty bad mistake because he knew there was no one between him and the endzone so he didn't play safety.

• Like 1

FWIW, Taaffe was the only player on the team that gave his gloves away after the spring game. Or at least he was the only one who did it as he was exiting to the tunnel

I have heard that giving away your gloves in the tunnel at a spring game improves the angles you take on the field.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

FWIW, Taaffe was the only player on the team that gave his gloves away after the spring game. Or at least he was the only one who did it as he was exiting to the tunnel

Maybe the gloves sucked and he was fucking over some little kid. Better way to look at it.

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

We are turning into a true crime website

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

IT

"We’re still watching for exPorts with one potential “surprise” as a possibility."

There's a strong chance this player will leave. We might find out today.

We're also tracking a rePort aka a one-time imPort.

What the fuck does that nonsense mean?

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

IT

"We’re still watching for exPorts with one potential “surprise” as a possibility."

That reads like it’s not a 2024 transfer leaving Holmes as the only possibility, no? Add in 2024 and you’ve got Golden or Mukuba maybe. 

15 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

IT

Paging Higdon’s decoder..

15 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

IT

"we don't know shit but we think that a player may portal out because a player may also portal in. it could have happened yesterday. it could happen today. it could happen tomorrow. it could happen next week. watch this space for us to edit in text below backing up what we think may happen and if it doesn't happen it's because Texas talked the player into staying (we won't report on his name for privacy reasons, but also because we don't know his name)"

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

That reads like it’s not a 2024 transfer leaving Holmes as the only possibility, no? Add in 2024 and you’ve got Golden or Mukuba maybe. 

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Or Bolden.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the WRs left.  Between Wingo, Cook, and all the transfers, somebody will get squeezed out of playing time, and it ain’t gonna be Wingo or Cook. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - The Portal Giveth, the Portal Taketh Away

Yeah, Blackshire would seem to be the obvious choice. Bolden is good enough to where he should have a featured role in the return game and be getting some offensive touches even with him enrolling in the summer and entering a somewhat crowded room. Would be a bummer to lose him.

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Yeah, Blackshire would seem to be the obvious choice. Bolden is good enough to where he should have a featured role in the return game and be getting some offensive touches even with him enrolling in the summer and entering a somewhat crowded room. Would be a bummer to lose him.

image.png.12ae94355bc03492687d63519357b984.png

This is from Sept 1 2023. I was trying to find a later season version but was struggling. 

Gavin Holmes, Terrance Brookes, Jaylon Guilbeau, Vernon Broughton or Mo Blackwell look like the obvious choice for this Potential Portal Player X

Edited by BurntOrange&White

28 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the WRs left.  Between Wingo, Cook, and all the transfers, somebody will get squeezed out of playing time, and it ain’t gonna be Wingo or Cook. 

I was thinking this with Golden and Bolden. Someone is going to be second team and I cannot think Golden especially came to Texas to be the 4th or 5th guy. 

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I was thinking this with Golden and Bolden. Someone is going to be second team and I cannot think Golden especially came to Texas to be the 4th or 5th guy. 

I think they plan to use Bolden like Keilan last season except they can get more use out of him because he can catch, play receiver, and line up anywhere. 

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think they plan to use Bolden like Keilan last season except they can get more use out of him because he can catch, play receiver, and line up anywhere. 

I thought they wanted to use Wisner like Keilan.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

@Thiefery what happened on the OTF stream this morning? Saw your comment on the other site and wanted the unfiltered context of what happened with a players parent.

I read on Horns247 (that site is pretty shitty these days, so take it with a grain of salt) that Brooks and his father are not thrilled with his development and/or Joseph’s coaching style. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.