2024 Transfer Thread - The Pedantic Circlejerk

Seems like a low probability of success take, but probably a low amount risked to it. Catalon Part Deux. If the guy is somehow back to early career stages in terms of health, awesome. If not, well, he's a body for some snaps, I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

Did he get injured at ASU?  His stat line in 2019 / 2020 seems productive enough to get him drafted.

Per Gerry, Lole was on NFL radars following the 2020 season but has had three surgeries on triceps and elbow injuries.

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Per Gerry he was on campus last week for a super secret visit.

Where was Ketch? Usually, he reports on such things.

Just talked to a buddy of mine in Louisville. He told me to temper my expectations for Lole. Apparently the injuries are a serious issue and will likely keep him off the field for extended periods in 2024. 

So like CTJ said, dude is basically big-body-Catalon. 

I'm still glad Sark went out and got him because Fuck OU. That "wrong side of the Red River" line alone was worth the trouble. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Just talked to a buddy of mine in Louisville. He told me to temper my expectations for Lole. Apparently the injuries are a serious issue and will likely keep him off the field for extended periods in 2024. 

So like CTJ said, dude is basically big-body-Catalon. 

I'm still glad Sark went out and got him because Fuck OU. That "wrong side of the Red River" line alone was worth the trouble. 

FWIW, Catalon was a bust more due to being mentally broken than anything actively physical.  Let's hope the same is not true for Lole.

23 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

He played 411 snaps last season.

OT to 2024, but historical transfer "news" nonetheless.
On this morning's "OTF Today," Gerry and Bobby were discussing QB recruiting and heights of 6 feet and under regarding KJ Lacey vs. Keelon Russell and that height lends to higher ceilings. Gerry then went on to say that Russell Wilson didn't want to go to Wisconsin and that he wanted to attend Texas, but Mack passed him over because of his height. This was something I wasn't aware of.

You meant Russell didn’t want to play safety??1?

/s
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

On this morning's "OTF Today," Gerry and Bobby were discussing QB recruiting and heights of 6 feet and under regarding KJ Lacey vs. Keelon Russell and that height lends to higher ceilings. Gerry then went on to say that Russell Wilson didn't want to go to Wisconsin and that he wanted to attend Texas, but Mack passed him over because of his height. This was something I wasn't aware of.

TIL height makes ceilings things higher.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beer Drinker said:

Johnny Nansen appears to be a good pickup.  Seems like he gets an assist on all 3 DL transfers.

I mean, 2/3 were on his old team so kinda a layup. But yes, those poly ties are tyin.

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Seems like a low probability of success take, but probably a low amount risked to it. Catalon Part Deux. If the guy is somehow back to early career stages in terms of health, awesome. If not, well, he's a body for some snaps, I guess. 

He's a good take either way. Plus it takes from OU. 

Bobby:

We tried to give as many hints as we could over the last couple of days without divulging our sources and/or the player himself.

But yesterday Jermayne Lole, a defensive tackle originally from Long Beach Poly by way of both Arizona State and Louisville, officially pledged to the Longhorns.

He visited the Horns over the weekend. But that visit went unreported by media.

Lole is 6-foot-3, 310 pounds. He was highly productive his freshman and sophomore seasons at ASU. Then he was beset by injuries over the next two seasons before actually playing 300+ snaps a year ago at Louisville.

So how does Lole fit with the Horns?

He's yet another experienced guy who can play up and down the line for Texas in a primarily run-stopping role. He has played mostly three technique, but also some zero (over the center) and some five technique (over the tackle).

Importantly, his arrival gives Texas multiple personnel they can throw at the defensive tackle position.

So is Texas done in the portal?

Not quite, I am told.

Watch for young DLs, experienced or younger guys in the secondary with speed and a punter.

It is possible that the punter would not have to be a scholarship, similar to Bert Auburn.

• Hook 'Em 6

Posted (edited)

From the link (never saw this):

Chet Brooks says that Terrance reminds him of a mix between Los Angeles Rams defensive back Jalen Ramsey, Pittsburgh Steelers free safety Minkah Fitzpatrick and New England Patriots defensive back Stephon Gilmore.

No shit.

(Edited to add in order: three time NFL All-Pro, three time NFL All-Pro, two time NFL All-Pro and Defensive MVP)

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Wow. This says a lot. He had to drop down to a middling school of no significance 

Are you being facetious?  It’s Big 10 and about the secondary coach.  I doubt he even cares how many games they win, this is all about positional development for next year’s drafts. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Are you being facetious?  It’s Big 10 and about the secondary coach.  I doubt he even cares how many games they win, this is all about positional development for next year’s drafts. 

Well if by position you mean at safety then yes, but otherwise he’s a day 3 draft pick at corner. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - The Pedantic Circlejerk