Blastfurnace 2023

Storm the Field

Looks like no rain today, maybe a drizzle starting around bedtime.  Close to 90.  Thu-Sun, mid 80's, muggy as my balls, and lots more rain.  

Rain continues Monday and into Tuesday (hopefully stopping before kids go out in costume).  But Sunday night, the temps fall off the table into Monday and Tuesday and we'll be lucky to avoid soft freezes in much of Central Texas.

What the fuck do people have against Autumn?  Take your "Oh they put up the Christmas decorations way too early this year, I miss when people said 'Merry Christmas' instead of 'Happy Holidays' at the stores, you know?  Now it's just so commercialized."  Well this is what we fucking get!  Go from an assfurnace straight to fucking Winter.  You happy now?  Happy Autumn, Merry Fall, motherfuckers!  Hallelujah, holy shit, where's the Tylenol? 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, troph said:

so is this line of storms out west gonna hold up today? I want more rain.

what about this accelerated Acapulco cat 1 no biggie holy shit one day later it's a cat 5 hurricane? is it going to take a leak on our lakes or on top of our house?

Apparently stuff out west may dump an assload of rain on the Highland Lakes watershed. 

That "no big deal" to Cat 5 hurricane thing... man, that keeps happening.  I haven't heard whether the moisture from Otis may make it this way.  

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Looks like no rain today, maybe a drizzle starting around bedtime.  Close to 90.  Thu-Sun, mid 80's, muggy as my balls, and lots more rain.  

Rain continues Monday and into Tuesday (hopefully stopping before kids go out in costume).  But Sunday night, the temps fall off the table into Monday and Tuesday and we'll be lucky to avoid soft freezes in much of Central Texas.

What the fuck do people have against Autumn?  Take your "Oh they put up the Christmas decorations way too early this year, I miss when people said 'Merry Christmas' instead of 'Happy Holidays' at the stores, you know?  Now it's just so commercialized."  Well this is what we fucking get!  Go from an assfurnace straight to fucking Winter.  You happy now?  Happy Autumn, Merry Fall, motherfuckers!  Hallelujah, holy shit, where's the Tylenol? 

Um, you had it the last two weeks.  OU weekend and ACL.  That's it.  Every year.  You know better.

Strong cold front still on track for arrival sometime between Sunday evening (CenTex) to early Monday morning (Houston). Until then, a late Summer-esque weekend of  mid-80's, copious humidity, and mosquitoes. 

Looks like around 10 pm Sunday, it will feel like high 30's in Austin but still high 70's here in Houston. We'll wake up to weather that feels 30 degrees colder than when we went to sleep. Tempted to hop in the pool one last time in 2023 for shits and giggles on Sunday afternoon. Water temp was 78 when I looked yesterday, which is pretty brisk, but not unbearable by any means. 

Front looks like it will last right around 4 days, including a very chilly Halloween. Should revert back to "typical early November" temps of ~75/60 by next weekend. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Strong cold front still on track for arrival sometime between Sunday evening (CenTex) to early Monday morning (Houston). Until then, a late Summer-esque weekend of  mid-80's, copious humidity, and mosquitoes. 

Looks like around 10 pm Sunday, it will feel like high 30's in Austin but still high 70's here in Houston. We'll wake up to weather that feels 30 degrees colder than when we went to sleep. Tempted to hop in the pool one last time in 2023 for shits and giggles on Sunday afternoon. Water temp was 78 when I looked yesterday, which is pretty brisk, but not unbearable by any means. 

Front looks like it will last right around 4 days, including a very chilly Halloween. Should revert back to "typical early November" temps of ~75/60 by next weekend. 

A-fistful-of-dynamite GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2

i am craving one of those chilly sunny mornings, where i take my coffee out on the porch and you get hit with that initial chill in the air, but then sun (and your coffee) slowly warms you up.

those are the best.

Simple things.

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

i am craving one of those chilly sunny mornings, where i take my coffee out on the porch and you get hit with that initial chill in the air, but then sun (and your coffee) slowly warms you up.

those are the best.

Simple things.

have yourself a blue bell country day

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was spent a glorious week at 7200 feet in Colorado in September where it was upper 30s in the morning. The AirBnB had a awesome covered porch with a propane fire pit. Every morning, while "working" remote I sat out there with a hot cup of coffee and watched the hot air balloons in the sky.

Then I got back to the heat furnace that is Texas. 

It's finally going to be cold in Austin. I'm going to love next week. Been a long fucking time coming for this state.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Terrible timing for this cold front. What about all the neighborhood MILFs who were going to wear skimpy costumes for Halloween? Now what are they going to do!?! 

They’ll still wear the outfit but you’ll get the added benefit of pokies. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

If you turn on your heat in central Texas on Monday you seriously need to reevaluate your life choices.

Got a small space heater for the bathroom. My house gets cold. And I don't like the cold. 

Central heat? Better be cold for a week before it goes on. And Houston? Heat? 

Let the dogs out this morning and they both started limping around like they were walking on broken glass.   LOL   First frost of the season.

Ran heater last night for first time since Spring...

Just got back from walking the dog. 45 degrees out, no wind, cloudy and a fine mist coming down. I smelled memories of my childhood it was so glorious. Now for my morning coffee out on the back porch. The anticipation is almost killing me. Putting on the fireplace for shits and giggles cause the heater is staying off no matter how cold it gets today. May cook up a vegetable beef stew. 

Still swampy AF in Houston. Looks like the front won't make it to our neck of the woods until around 7:00 this evening, so it appears we'll get one more afternoon with a heat index in the low 90's. Not gonna make it below 60 until around midnight, so unless you're a Sunday Night Owl, won't experience much in the way of "cold" until getting up tomorrow morning.

So over this revival of Late Summer weather we've had since last Friday. Went out to the RenFest yesterday and that was easily the hottest, muggiest trip I've ever taken out there. Even in just shorts and a t-shirt I was thoroughly sweaty. Saw several people that looked like they were on the verge of keeling over. Can't imagine wearing a big heavy costume all day out in those conditions.