Miami Regional Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, zlavydra said:

Does Maine have a pitcher worth a shit? Looking at Miami's stats, seems like they knock the shit out of the ball, but not much pitching besides their (lights out) closer.

Miami will kill them.  

Anyone know the last time we played Miami?

Depends on if the Mouse kicks it up to one of the big channels.  But you got your NBA, Stanley Cup, and your damn unions.  

But there's gotta be an LSU friendly baseball bar with ESPN+/LHN even somewhere in that giant cure for sobriety of a city.

2 minutes ago, petscii said:

June 17, 2003$ Omaha, Neb. W, 5-1

Yeah that was a great win. We gave Miami both their losses in Omaha that year. Didn't go so well with Rice. Only team from 2002-2005 to not play for the national title.

• Hook 'Em 1

Bandera French Quarter?  I spent a week there one night, whew.

5:00p-CDT tomorrow.  Win and it's 5:00p again on Sunday evening.  Lose and it's 11:00a on Sunday morning with another shot at 5:00p.  But their rain situation is gonna fuck up all kinda shit. We've got a deeper staff than Miami, but we do not want to get into a Monday situation with them.  

Congratulations Horns!!! Keep it going!

I’m 53 and we’ve damn near, if not, been to Omaha more times than not, since I’ve been alive. Thank you Coaches Gus, Augie, and Pierce! Let alone the great Longhorn players during the past five decades.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 6

My FIL is heavily involved with UL athletics and the whole family went to UL for either undergrad or grad school, so this was a fun one for me. They’re a great fanbase regardless of sport, but their baseball fans still talk glowingly about their regional trip they took to Austin like 13-14 years ago and aren’t chickenshit assholes like LSU folks. Hope we see them in the last game.

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah that was a great win. We gave Miami both their losses in Omaha that year. Didn't go so well with Rice. Only team from 2002-2005 to not play for the national title.

Yeah I just looked at the wiki for that tournament.  That was the year Rice won it all but I didn't remember that their super was Houston @ Rice, which occurred after Cougar High came through the loser's bracket to double dip aggy and when the lysteria field regional.  Good times.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yeah I just looked at the wiki for that tournament.  That was the year Rice won it all but I didn't remember that their super was Houston @ Rice, which occurred after Cougar High came through the loser's bracket to double dip aggy and when the lysteria field regional.  Good times.

*win.  Christ almighty.

My FIL is heavily involved with UL athletics and the whole family went to UL for either undergrad or grad school, so this was a fun one for me. They’re a great fanbase regardless of sport, but their baseball fans still talk glowingly about their regional trip they took to Austin like 13-14 years ago and aren’t chickenshit assholes like LSU folks. Hope we see them in the last game.

I finished my undergraduate at McNeese, so “Go to Hell USL, go to Hell!”

JK - that was the old rivalry!

Hook’em!!!
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

Miami cruises to a 9-1 victory. 

so correct me if wrong... but as the #2 winning game 1,vs the #1 winning game 1, arent we the default home team in that scenario?.... and if so, wouldnt that be avail on LHN?

or is this the scenario where we have to flip a coin to win home field?

Edited by AUS-97HORN

4 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Sometimes the other team has to score and your worst hitter has to homer to break out of a slump. Perfect. We are right where we need to be. Let's go LBJ!

There was real Texas magic today. I like it.