American "Passport Bro" culture (because they can't get significant others here in America)

Pancho

7 minutes ago, HonkeyVape said:

I remember telling my wife, I just pray my sons aren't short. They come from a long line of 6'0 or taller and it's just a privilege that is underrated. It's never the tall ones that are weirdo incels, is it? It's always the 5'8 Eliot Rodgers of the world it seems like.

12657136_010523kohbergerextradition.jpg

Something that seems lost with incel-types is that people (men or women) tend to gravitate towards those that make them feel good about themselves.  Sincere compliments, making them feel heard, making them laugh, looking them in the eye when talking or listening…feel like these are learned skills that take practice you can’t really hone in social media.  

Speaking of social media, and I’ve said this before…places like Reddit / et al allow such narrow ‘specialization’ that it’s too easy to gravitate towards those echo chambers.  Diversity in your experience is so critical to being a well-rounded, welcoming, open person that others will both find interesting as well as someone they can find common ground with.  

My father, retired USAF O6 who defied all odds starting as a reservist O3 who went AD as a lifeboat when his civ employer employed, once apologized to my whole family for dragging us all over the world growing up…he felt awful that we didn’t get to grow up with a group of folks or really put roots down.  

I told him it was the best thing possible for me to grow up realizing the world isn’t full of Americans and gave me some great stories to tell.  He also was as far from an elitist officer as you could get, his E folks loved him, and that defaulting to respect is the way to live. 

TLDR:  Make people feel good about themselves, and they’ll feel good about you.  

• Hook 'Em 5

I somehow missed the "Men can't filter by height" comment.

1.) Back in the days when I used old school match.com, I could 100% filter by a female height range. Which I did because I'm 6"3" and prefer taller women.  I'm pretty sure that statement is bullshit. 

2) Even if that isn't a thing anymore, lol at the idea most men give a fuck about a woman's height as long as she's hot. Imagine thinking "You know what, I just can't go on a date with Selma Hayak because she's 5'2". LOL. Said no fucking guy ever. I think Melisa Rauch or however you spell her name is married to some dude who's 6'10, and she's like 4'10". Pretty sure she's gotten hate mail from taller women pissed she's poached "their" demographic. That doesn't happen with men. "You stole my shorter girl target." It stops at "she's hot." Quibbling about anything else is literally just Napoleon disease on full display. 

3.) Spoiler, I ended up married to someone who's 5'3" because at the end of the fucking day, the idea of men turning down a good fit because of non-ideal height preference is a fucking laugh out loud joke. See above. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/15/2023 at 1:23 PM, Proust Bag said:

Chrispy hasn’t been a part of this site for a while now. I actually know him. He’s thought about a comeback though. 

“Your gun is digging into my hip.”

you are admitting to knowing that piece of shit in real life?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I somehow missed the "Men can't filter by height" comment.

1.) Back in the days when I used old school match.com, I could 100% filter by a female height range. Which I did because I'm 6"3" and prefer taller women.  I'm pretty sure that statement is bullshit. 

2) Even if that isn't a thing anymore, lol at the idea most men give a fuck about a woman's height as long as she's hot. Imagine thinking "You know what, I just can't go on a date with Selma Hayak because she's 5'2". LOL. Said no fucking guy ever. I think Melisa Rauch or however you spell her name is married to some dude who's 6'10, and she's like 4'10". Pretty sure she's gotten hate mail from taller women pissed she's poached "their" demographic. That doesn't happen with men. "You stole my shorter girl target." It stops at "she's hot." Quibbling about anything else is literally just Napoleon disease on full display. 

3.) Spoiler, I ended up married to someone who's 5'3" because at the end of the fucking day, the idea of men turning down a good fit because of non-ideal height preference is a fucking laugh out loud joke. See above. 

Unless, you want to breed for athletics.  Like if you want your kids to play basketball.

25 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Unless, you want to breed for athletics.  Like if you want your kids to play basketball.

No one builds a business, like say a matchmaking app, that caters to the .00000000000001 percent of shitty LaVar Balls of the world. That would be a concierge service at best, if LaVar Ball wasn't the obvious kind of guy to stiff someone on a bill. 

Yes I realize you were mostly joking. But by taking it seriously it points out the further absurdity of the incel talking points. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Unless your kid hits some freaky genetic lottery that skips generations, like Jordan (5'9 dad and 5'5 mom) or Russell Westbrook (5'8 dad and 5'7 mom) or Jeremy Lin (5'6 parents) or Gordon Haywood (5'10 parents) or Wilt (5'9 dad and 5'8 mom) or Moses Malone (5'6 dad and 5'2 mom)

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

No one builds a business, like say a matchmaking app, that caters to the .00000000000001 percent of shitty LaVar Balls of the world. That would be a concierge service at best, if LaVar Ball wasn't the obvious kind of guy to stiff someone on a bill. 

Shandy is listening.....

side-character-closure-at-the-newsstand-

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HonkeyVape said:

I remember telling my wife, I just pray my sons aren't short. They come from a long line of 6'0 or taller and it's just a privilege that is underrated. It's never the tall ones that are weirdo incels, is it? It's always the 5'8 Eliot Rodgers of the world it seems like.

The vast majority of men in Hollywood are under 6'0".  Most of them are shorter than you think.

Maybe they learned to be outgoing growing up because of their height.  Never really thought of that.

• Hook 'Em 2

There is nothing wrong with dating apps that can't be fixed with more people being realistic about what they are.

My wife has a hideously ugly 2nd cousin who was always destined to be alone. We set her up with a profile on E-Harmony.  We sent out 150 communications to dudes and 149 of them turned her down. The 1 that didn't was a super nerd, austistic weirdo.  After they went on 2 dates she was like- this guys really weird, he's nice but maybe you could find me someone else.  Me- Nope- that's it. That's the list.  

We went on a double date. I carried most of the conversation.  Wife told her not to forget to play with the balls while she was sucking his dick later at our place when they came back for a night cap. He wanted to know if I thought maybe he could pull someone that wasn't as much of a bitch as her and wasn't 300 pounds. Me- Nope- that's it- that's the list of who is out there for you. Do you prefer being single/celibate? 

Now- 10 years later they have 2 kids and both are a lot better off than they were when they were alone. Does he close his eyes and think of someone else when they are fucking?  I have to imagine he does. Does she get driven crazy by him being the most annoying person on the earth?  Surely.  But, he takes care of her, gave her a house, she doesn't have to work and gets to take care of the kids which was always her dream in life.  He has ready and available sex, doesn't have to cook for himself, and has kids that he gets to coach their basketball games.  

That's the kind of love story that can happen on dating apps that would have never been possible 30 years ago when they both would have died as spinsters pining for companionship, company and kids.  Now- you can cast such a wide net that there truly is someone for everyone.  You just have to realize that you need to get in where you fit in.  Passport Bro's seeking wives to me seems like this same phenomenon.  It seems pretty elitist to me for a bunch of smooth and successful college educated professionals that make 7 figures and only fuck 10's to look down on those dudes.  

Neither of those people were ever going to be able to fix themselves to the point where they were going to be able to land an attractive or conventional mate. If they would have swiped left on each other they would have never been with someone else.  Instead, they got to a realistic view of what their worth was on the dating market, accepted it, and moved on with their life and are happier than they would have been otherwise. I should also note that they met on E-harmony so they were in the right place for each other.

For every incel there is someone out there that would be willing to sleep with them. They just need to peg their actual worth to the market and go from there.  That seems better than what they are doing.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

For every incel there is someone out there that would be willing to sleep with them. They just need to peg their actual worth to the market and go from there.  That seems better than what they are doing.

QFT.  Be realistic about yourself, and then it follows that you should be realistic about your expectations.  And, if you don't like your standing, and there are things you can do to improve it, do those things.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

QFT.  Be realistic about yourself, and then it follows that you should be realistic about your expectations.  And, if you don't like your standing, and there are things you can do to improve it, do those things.

Nivek isn't wrong. There are some people who just aren't going to improve themselves more than an inch or two- not enough to make a difference.  For those people- settle.  It's way better than being full of angst, anger and bitterness. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

There is nothing wrong with dating apps that can't be fixed with more people being realistic about what they are.

My wife has a hideously ugly 2nd cousin who was always destined to be alone. We set her up with a profile on E-Harmony.  We sent out 150 communications to dudes and 149 of them turned her down. The 1 that didn't was a super nerd, austistic weirdo.  After they went on 2 dates she was like- this guys really weird, he's nice but maybe you could find me someone else.  Me- Nope- that's it. That's the list.  

We went on a double date. I carried most of the conversation.  Wife told her not to forget to play with the balls while she was sucking his dick later at our place when they came back for a night cap. He wanted to know if I thought maybe he could pull someone that wasn't as much of a bitch as her and wasn't 300 pounds. Me- Nope- that's it- that's the list of who is out there for you. Do you prefer being single/celibate? 

Now- 10 years later they have 2 kids and both are a lot better off than they were when they were alone. Does he close his eyes and think of someone else when they are fucking?  I have to imagine he does. Does she get driven crazy by him being the most annoying person on the earth?  Surely.  But, he takes care of her, gave her a house, she doesn't have to work and gets to take care of the kids which was always her dream in life.  He has ready and available sex, doesn't have to cook for himself, and has kids that he gets to coach their basketball games.  

That's the kind of love story that can happen on dating apps that would have never been possible 30 years ago when they both would have died as spinsters pining for companionship, company and kids.  Now- you can cast such a wide net that there truly is someone for everyone.  You just have to realize that you need to get in where you fit in.  Passport Bro's seeking wives to me seems like this same phenomenon.  It seems pretty elitist to me for a bunch of smooth and successful college educated professionals that make 7 figures and only fuck 10's to look down on those dudes.  

Neither of those people were ever going to be able to fix themselves to the point where they were going to be able to land an attractive or conventional mate. If they would have swiped left on each other they would have never been with someone else.  Instead, they got to a realistic view of what their worth was on the dating market, accepted it, and moved on with their life and are happier than they would have been otherwise. I should also note that they met on E-harmony so they were in the right place for each other.

There's a lot of things in your post I agree with. But I think the concept of looking down on Passport Bros. because I'm an "elitist" is flawed. Because the concept of fleeing to another country, with arguably women in a worse spot so you look better, or have leverage, is the opposite of being honest with yourself and having a realistic view of your self-worth. To me it screams someone who is unwilling to have a hard look in the mirror, and adjust their own expectations or compromise on anything they demand.

And anyone throwing out the "I'm looking for traditional values that I can't find here anymore" is full of shit. There are no shortage of people in church groups, or like your cousin who is happy with kids and a house. But the key difference is she/they did the math and adjusted their thinking. Passport dudes decided that everything was wrong but their demands, and fled the country.

If they find a mutually beneficial situation with someone abroad, good for them. But it's not going to stop many men like me from raising our eyebrows at the situation with heavy skepticism, and it sure won't stop us from laughing if in a couple years they bring a wife home and she divorces his ass and takes half.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

image.jpeg.b3cfacd6e22f6b6db706494d9ceae73d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

37 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

There's a lot of things in your post I agree with. But I think the concept of looking down on Passport Bros. because I'm an "elitist" is flawed. Because the concept of fleeing to another country, with arguably women in a worse spot so you look better, or have leverage, is the opposite of being honest with yourself and having a realistic view of your self-worth. To me it screams someone who is unwilling to have a hard look in the mirror, and adjust their own expectations or compromise on anything they demand.

And anyone throwing out the "I'm looking for traditional values that I can't find here anymore" is full of shit. There are no shortage of people in church groups, or like your cousin who is happy with kids and a house. But the key difference is she/they did the math and adjusted their thinking. Passport dudes decided that everything was wrong but their demands, and fled the country.

If they find a mutually beneficial situation with someone abroad, good for them. But it's not going to stop many men like me from raising our eyebrows at the situation with heavy skepticism, and it sure won't stop us from laughing if in a couple years they bring a wife home and she divorces his ass and takes half.  

No, you aren't really getting where I am coming from when I'm talking about "being honest with yourself or having a realistic view of your self-worth".  I'm saying to the extent that a passport bro looks at himself and says "I'm never going to pull the caliber of woman (really just looking at physical) in America being a weirdo" as I could somewhere else, and chooses to go somewhere else so that his abilities match up with his standards I'm not going to fault him.  

As far as the elitism goes you've me me and know I'm 6'1. I make 6 figures which should be pretty obvious based upon my posting history and the shit I have shared on here, and you can take my word for it or not but I promise you (and your mom can verify) I've got an above 6" dick.  I would strongly suspect the same from you to all those things.  We are the people that the weirdo incels rail against being in the 6/6/6 club because life is so easy for us.  And, when I was on the market briefly, even at 280 pounds at 30 years old I had no shortage of women willing to go on dates with me on the dating websites the incels talk about being awful.  These people do NOT have that going for them.  They likely will never have that going for them. To the extent that they take inventory of that and decide to go fish in a different pond I'm not going to blame them for that.

There's an old joke that goes "What would happen if you cut off the southern half of Missouri and merged it with Arkansas?"  Both states IQ's would go up 20 points.  That's how I see passport Bro's dating abroad.  Their options get better AND the people who they are dating's options get better. It feels to me like arbitrage in the dating pool. I'm generally in favor of that. The Thai or Pilipino woman might not become as empowered as a western woman but they become closer to that.  And he might not end up with a super model but it isn't my wife's second cousin either.  

I think the number of people who can fundamentally change themselves permanently for the better is very very small. That's not how humanity works.  And I've been trying to improve myself since i was 8 or 10 years old and I only make a little progress and that in fits and starts.  

You don't have to raise your eyebrow at them. You already know they are less than you in that way.  You don't have to rub that in, imo.  

38 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

image.jpeg.b3cfacd6e22f6b6db706494d9ceae73d.jpeg

Thank you. I tried to make it entertaining and most of it is even true.  None of the exact words were actually said, but it was hyperbolic truth in the name of poetic license. I hope you did enjoy.  But the 1/150 thing is actually accurate. She is really really ugly.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Also, this story totally reminds me of this plucky group of nerds at Adams College, who wanted to find a national fraternity for their group to affiliate with.  But man, these guys were some dorks.  They had an issue with their applications....except for one....

3e1dccf0-18a6-4b10-9f78-f5636a752ca2_tex

5eda4123-336a-4f64-a976-22a3a56982b6_tex

And, it all worked out for those dudes too - I love a happy ending!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

The first rule of the 6/6/6 club, is you don't talk about the 6/6/6 club.

You do if you are a borderline autist like myself I guess.  

Funny story- my brother recently got divorced. He's 6'3".  He flies for a major airline. He once had a girl when he whipped it out in high school tell him to get that monster away from her she had no idea what to do with it and then told all her friends at school this story.  My short blue collar across the street neighbor literally asks him what his dick size is as we are sitting around the campfire.  My brother honestly tells him and then the guy won't shut up about the 6/6/6 club and how my brother is going to be drowning in pussy, dude do you realize you being single make up less than 1/10 of 1% of the population- you can be killing it blah blah blah. It was so bizarre. I'd never heard of the 6/6/6 club.  The numbers do bear him out that my brother is unique in that regards (I guess).  I thought he was going to offer to give him a blow job on the spot. He was so jealous.  And this is a man that's married and has two kids. He's also a Mexican that carries around a literally credit card that says White Privilege that he will whip out from time to time to show people. So, the dude is odd. But yeah- he was a real life embodiment of all that incel stuff, even though, like I said, he was married.  It was so freaking odd.  Most of these people are. 

8 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Lots of talk about income and height and dick size but no pay stubs or…uh…dick pics in this thread. 

PM Derka. He has extensive PM's of dudes sending him Dick picks b/c, you know, PM Derka.  

6 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I am kind of moving on from passport bros because I’m liking the cast of characters that @Wulaw Horn is introducing me to. An ogreish second cousin that he sets up on dates, her Slingblade husband, a giant-dicked airline pilot brother and a Mexican neighbor who goes camping with the family and asks about everyone’s shaft length. 

This is all very Southern Gothic, or maybe John Kennedy Toole-esque. You need to get an editor and write the next cult novel. 

i'm just impressed he's finally become self aware (or got a diagnosis) regarding his autism.  he flipped the fuck out a few years back when i made my internet diagnosis.

but you're exactly correct.  if he can successfully weave in his wife's (or possibly ex-wife's?) live-in lesbian sister's journey, i think we are on our way to the ultimate combination of a toole novel, a paul thomas anderson movie, and a jason isbell song.

i weep for those people on this board that do not realize an unrestrained wulaw is like having our own secret blend of albert camus and charles bukowski - but with awful spelling and grammar (which honestly enhances it).  we are so incredibly lucky.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No, you aren't really getting where I am coming from when I'm talking about "being honest with yourself or having a realistic view of your self-worth".  I'm saying to the extent that a passport bro looks at himself and says "I'm never going to pull the caliber of woman (really just looking at physical) in America being a weirdo" as I could somewhere else, and chooses to go somewhere else so that his abilities match up with his standards I'm not going to fault him.  

As far as the elitism goes you've me me and know I'm 6'1. I make 6 figures which should be pretty obvious based upon my posting history and the shit I have shared on here, and you can take my word for it or not but I promise you (and your mom can verify) I've got an above 6" dick.  I would strongly suspect the same from you to all those things.  We are the people that the weirdo incels rail against being in the 6/6/6 club because life is so easy for us.  And, when I was on the market briefly, even at 280 pounds at 30 years old I had no shortage of women willing to go on dates with me on the dating websites the incels talk about being awful.  These people do NOT have that going for them.  They likely will never have that going for them. To the extent that they take inventory of that and decide to go fish in a different pond I'm not going to blame them for that.

There's an old joke that goes "What would happen if you cut off the southern half of Missouri and merged it with Arkansas?"  Both states IQ's would go up 20 points.  That's how I see passport Bro's dating abroad.  Their options get better AND the people who they are dating's options get better. It feels to me like arbitrage in the dating pool. I'm generally in favor of that. The Thai or Pilipino woman might not become as empowered as a western woman but they become closer to that.  And he might not end up with a super model but it isn't my wife's second cousin either.  

I think the number of people who can fundamentally change themselves permanently for the better is very very small. That's not how humanity works.  And I've been trying to improve myself since i was 8 or 10 years old and I only make a little progress and that in fits and starts.  

You don't have to raise your eyebrow at them. You already know they are less than you in that way.  You don't have to rub that in, imo.  

First off, don’t tell me I don’t get where you’re coming from. I do, I just disagree with it because I mostly think it’s bullshit. 

This will be a short post on mobile, but I disagree with the notion I’ve had it easy. When I met my wife 10 years ago, I was making 55k a year. I also didn’t adjust my standards. Most of my various circles of friends were paired off in their 20s, so I was a third wheel for a decade. It sucked, so I reject your blanket statement of how easy it’s been for me. Not that boo hoo, I’m worth crying over or pity, clearly. Life’s greet now, but that’s not indicative of how it was 10-15 years ago.  

Next, your post is making a fuck ton of assumptions with zero evidence. “That’s not what these guys are working with.” You don’t know that, or you haven’t read the first few pages and of this thread. It isn’t guys saying “I’m looking elsewhere because I’m not finding success here.” That would be fair with the guys you talk about who have shortcomings and took a look in the mirror. It’s guys blasting the culture here, and women, and framing it in pretty transparent ways. And a video of a guy shocked a woman elsewhere would demand a nice lifestyle and not expect to contribute herself. He’s shocked because he’s looking for someone just grateful to be here. That isn’t laudable. And some of those guys seemed fine looking. They don’t come across as weirdos, they come across as fucking assholes. 

your scenario of simply fishing in a different pond sounds reasonable on the surface, but you’re making nothing but assumptions and using your own projections, not the ones from the article nor the guys who’ve shown up here bemoaning women for not settling. 

so yeah, I haven’t always had it great, and I stuck it out, so I feel just fine raising my eyebrows in skepticism. Because you also ignored the part of my last paragraph where I said if both parties found a solution great. And yeah, I’ll also laugh if it turns out to be a woman connected to the Russian mob who takes one of his kidneys. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, sidis said:

i'm just impressed he's finally become self aware (or got a diagnosis) regarding his autism.  he flipped the fuck out a few years back when i made my internet diagnosis.

but you're exactly correct.  if he can successfully weave in his wife's (or possibly ex-wife's?) live-in lesbian sister's journey, i think we are on our way to the ultimate combination of a toole novel, a paul thomas anderson movie, and a jason isbell song.

i weep for those people on this board that do not realize an unrestrained wulaw is like having our own secret blend of albert camus and charles bukowski - but with awful spelling and grammar (which honestly enhances it).  we are so incredibly lucky.

You forgot the sex tent.

I don't want to live in a world where people forget the sex tent.

Also, not to distract from the Wulaw Autist show, but one more thing. 

men finding wives overseas isn’t a new thing. It’s been happening for decades upon decades, and it had a stigma about it but whatever. But this isn’t new. What is new is the way the guys are talking about it, their goals, and their attitudes. Short answer, adding Bro to something is rarely a good sign of intent, or good faith. That’s why this is different band is being discussed again anew in fresh articles and attention. 

51 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I am kind of moving on from passport bros because I’m liking the cast of characters that @Wulaw Horn is introducing me to. An ogreish second cousin that he sets up on dates, her Slingblade husband, a giant-dicked airline pilot brother and a Mexican neighbor who goes camping with the family and asks about everyone’s shaft length. 

This is all very Southern Gothic, or maybe John Kennedy Toole-esque. You need to get an editor and write the next cult novel. 

All correct except for the camping. We were sitting in the front yard with a campfire going and he invited himself over and ended up asking that. Whenever he shows up I head the other direction. He’s really grating. 

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

First off, don’t tell me I don’t get where you’re coming from. I do, I just disagree with it because I mostly think it’s bullshit. 

This will be a short post on mobile, but I disagree with the notion I’ve had it easy. When I met my wife 10 years ago, I was making 55k a year. I also didn’t adjust my standards. Most of my various circles of friends were paired off in their 20s, so I was a third wheel for a decade. It sucked, so I reject your blanket statement of how easy it’s been for me. Not that boo hoo, I’m worth crying over or pity, clearly. Life’s greet now, but that’s not indicative of how it was 10-15 years ago.  

Next, your post is making a fuck ton of assumptions with zero evidence. “That’s not what these guys are working with.” You don’t know that, or you haven’t read the first few pages and of this thread. It isn’t guys saying “I’m looking elsewhere because I’m not finding success here.” That would be fair with the guys you talk about who have shortcomings and took a look in the mirror. It’s guys blasting the culture here, and women, and framing it in pretty transparent ways. And a video of a guy shocked a woman elsewhere would demand a nice lifestyle and not expect to contribute herself. He’s shocked because he’s looking for someone just grateful to be here. That isn’t laudable. And some of those guys seemed fine looking. They don’t come across as weirdos, they come across as fucking assholes. 

your scenario of simply fishing in a different pond sounds reasonable on the surface, but you’re making nothing but assumptions and using your own projections, not the ones from the article nor the guys who’ve shown up here bemoaning women for not settling. 

so yeah, I haven’t always had it great, and I stuck it out, so I feel just fine raising my eyebrows in skepticism. Because you also ignored the part of my last paragraph where I said if both parties found a solution great. And yeah, I’ll also laugh if it turns out to be a woman connected to the Russian mob who takes one of his kidneys. 

Ha. I’d have assumed you always had it going on fine with women. I don’t know many graduates of a decent school that can walk and chew gum that are good looking guys that have it super hard with the opposite sex, it certainly wasn’t meant as a dig at you, more a compliment. 
yeah- I’ve read since the beginning. I also filter out a lot of what people say and cut to the truth of the issue and what the truth is is that they are going elsewhere because they can’t get what they want here, and that’s probably best for both parties. But what would be better for everyone is being realistic about what is possible and being happy with that. 
I’m not disparaging anyone in any way here, at least not trying to, certainly not you least of all. I think it’s possible we might be talking about different dudes and maybe that’s on me. 

19 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Ha. I’d have assumed you always had it going on fine with women. I don’t know many graduates of a decent school that can walk and chew gum that are good looking guys that have it super hard with the opposite sex, it certainly wasn’t meant as a dig at you, more a compliment. 
yeah- I’ve read since the beginning. I also filter out a lot of what people say and cut to the truth of the issue and what the truth is is that they are going elsewhere because they can’t get what they want here, and that’s probably best for both parties. But what would be better for everyone is being realistic about what is possible and being happy with that. 
I’m not disparaging anyone in any way here, at least not trying to, certainly not you least of all. I think it’s possible we might be talking about different dudes and maybe that’s on me. 

I didn’t think you were disparaging me man, at all. But it does seem like you’re giving the guys doing this a heavy benefit of the doubt despite some of their stated behaviors, while assuming no one else ever had rough patches they worked through here. That seems inconsistent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/21/2023 at 5:17 PM, Brisketexan said:

we've evolved to where we don't just NOT communicate face-to-face or by phone, but we loathe it.  "Uggh...just send a text!"  And how much we've gotten away from physical shopping, picking up products in our hands, trying them on, etc.....instead, we click on a picture on Amazon and what we want shows up at our door.

IMG_3032.gif.65672d53e723d02e50a3b7e08ab2acad.gif

On 6/8/2023 at 9:04 PM, SydneyCarton said:

The key to dating is “being someone” and having some kind of identity, and letting who’s attracted to that come to you. Not just being some bland dude in a button up shirt with a watch that’s trying to be whatever to whoever, which is what most men do. You’re just a face in the crowd at that point. 

I should start a podcast.

i'm really late to this, but this might be the funniest post in the history of this site. 

edit: how did sydney end up being the person i quoted? i quoted helo.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

For the record:

1.  I don’t feel elitist for judging passport bros.

2.  I only feel slightly elitist for judging Wulaw about his coercing a creepy stranger from the internet and his hideous bitchy second cousin in law to bang each other in his house, and for casually dropping that he maintains a mental profile of other posters’ presumed dick sizes.  

My wife’s hideous second cousin.
Hey, I helped make 2 lonely peoples lives better and they created two new human beings, that’s always a win. 
I just assume anyone tall has an average or above size schlong but didn’t know everyone here was so touchy about basic biology. 
As I’ve said in the RV thread, some peoples lives are for entertainment and some are cautionary tales. I’m fine with either. 

To each their own.  People fall in love for different reasons.   Do i find the passport bro weird?   Yea a bit.  

what often worked for me in my single days was going to a not crazy bar and just sitting by myself and chatting up the bartender. More times than not I was hit on.   Most of the times it was by dudes but some chicks.   Most were curvy.  And by curvy I mean overweight

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I didn’t think you were disparaging me man, at all. But it does seem like you’re giving the guys doing this a heavy benefit of the doubt despite some of their stated behaviors, while assuming no one else ever had rough patches they worked through here. That seems inconsistent. 

Like I said- maybe we are just talking about different dudes. I told you about the guy at law school that got mocked and ridiculed for having a wife from the Phillipines and that was my template mentally for this phenomenon. 
some people are capable of working through stuff and some aren’t really. I try not confuse the two. 

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

My wife’s hideous second cousin.
Hey, I helped make 2 lonely peoples lives better and they created two new human beings, that’s always a win. 
I just assume anyone tall has an average or above size schlong but didn’t know everyone here was so touchy about basic biology. 
As I’ve said in the RV thread, some peoples lives are for entertainment and some are cautionary tales. I’m fine with either. 

I served on the military and consider myself a porn efficentnado.   Gonna disagree with height schlong corelation

• Haha 1

On 6/9/2023 at 10:40 AM, G650 said:

These made up ranking systems to grade men and women are bizarre. Like there is some mathematical equation lol.

I've established a scientifically perfect, ten-point scale of human beauty. Wendy is a 7.4, which is way too high for Tom, who is a 3.8. 10 is tennis legend Steffi Graf.