American "Passport Bro" culture (because they can't get significant others here in America)

Pancho

25 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Lmao that dude is such a fucking scammer 

What's so stupid is his products are seemingly very effective and high quality?  So why sabotage it all to the tune of millions of dollars that he's worth because of your own body dysmorphia?  

Freaks like him are no different than Michael Jackson or the Kardashians.  It's a sickness.  Then compare him to a guy like Paul Saladino....another big liver/carnivore diet guy that sells supplements.  He looks like a guy that eats almost only protein/fruit/honey and seems a lot more active and healthy

55637693-10638027-image-a-43_16479172162

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Just finance a used one over 84 months and you're good to go.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

About 10 years or so ago, I had a guy come to my office to get his paperwork done to go overseas and get married. He was a clean cut guy, very friendly but kind of came off as a nerd, but the kind of nerd you don't mind being friends with, if that makes any sense. A dork that you wouldn't mind having a beer with. He was also short, hair thinning. I think he was in his early-mid 40s. He seemed pretty smart and he obviously had a good job becasue he could afford to pay for all of this shit. 

The worst part was just how OPEN he was about it. He didn't need to tell me why he was going to Viet Nam but he just blurted it out, "Can you believe I have to go to Viet Nam to find a wife???". He wasn't mad, rather he was poking fun at himself. I just said "hey, uh, you know" and looked away. Maybe he just got tired of striking out with the women here, maybe he was a huge pice of shit. Personally, I think he was autistic and couldn't make connections with women. Maybe the language barrier will help him.

That man?

albert einstein. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

About 10 years or so ago, I had a guy come to my office to get his paperwork done to go overseas and get married. He was a clean cut guy, very friendly but kind of came off as a nerd, but the kind of nerd you don't mind being friends with, if that makes any sense. A dork that you wouldn't mind having a beer with. He was also short, hair thinning. I think he was in his early-mid 40s. He seemed pretty smart and he obviously had a good job becasue he could afford to pay for all of this shit. 

The worst part was just how OPEN he was about it. He didn't need to tell me why he was going to Viet Nam but he just blurted it out, "Can you believe I have to go to Viet Nam to find a wife???". He wasn't mad, rather he was poking fun at himself. I just said "hey, uh, you know" and looked away. Maybe he just got tired of striking out with the women here, maybe he was a huge pice of shit. Personally, I think he was autistic and couldn't make connections with women. Maybe the language barrier will help him.

Maybe he was still in Saigon?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, gurt said:

I don't know if it has already been brought up, but I think dating apps make up a large part of the problem for younger generations.  I am very thankful I never had to deal with them.  They encourage only giving somebody a cursory glance before making a decision.  It is more like a job interview process than a romantic initiation.  Interactions are so transactional and disposable if you don't stand out immediately you get no matches, which would really hurt someone who might be physically unremarkable but has a lot to offer in the personality/smarts department.  

I know they have worked for people, but I just feel like it is overall dehumanizing and antithetical to how humans have been finding mates for centuries.

agreed... but I think you can distinguish b/t 'dating apps' like Tinder, etc., that are clearly geared toward the quick hookup,  and matchmaker sites like eharmony or match.com that are much more in depth and require more thought and effort. i actually know several folks that have met a mate on those sites and ended up in longterm relationships/married. i don't think there's anything inherently wrong with that approach, especially since now there are those really aimed at niche populations (over 50, >$100k income or whatever) which presumably makes it even easier to meet someone that you already have a good number of things in common with. 

that approach is nothing new, it's a more efficient medium but the concept has been around awhile...

image.png.6c51bf6ccef8ac2a31b011ffc6e031ea.png

• Hook 'Em 1

agreed... but I think you can distinguish b/t 'dating apps' like Tinder, etc., that are clearly geared toward the quick hookup,  and matchmaker sites like eharmony or match.com that are much more in depth and require more thought and effort. i actually know several folks that have met a mate on those sites and ended up in longterm relationships/married. i don't think there's anything inherently wrong with that approach, especially since now there are those really aimed at niche populations (over 50, >$100k income or whatever) which presumably makes it even easier to meet someone that you already have a good number of things in common with. 
that approach is nothing new, it's a more efficient medium but the concept has been around awhile...
image.png.6c51bf6ccef8ac2a31b011ffc6e031ea.png

My wife and I met through social media 17 years ago. Met through Google’s failed Orkut (kind of like Facebook). It was wildly popular in Brazil. I used it to network with people before I moved there. She was one of the people I met through it. We now have two kids.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

My wife and I met through social media 17 years ago. Met through Google’s failed Orkut (kind of like Facebook). It was wildly popular in Brazil. I used it to network with people before I moved there. She was one of the people I met through it. We now have two kids.

You mentioned Orkut failed, and I don't know why, but I think it's widely seen that the more "responsible" apps for dating have even devolved into more of a "swipe right/left, hook-up based on a bio line and photos and start texting", which I think is the biggest problem from what I read.

Match.com owns Tinder now, so it doesn't surprise me if they've gone that way. I think e-harmony is probably the boring OG one that people who are serious probably look to, but I'm sure there are creeps on all those things these days.

On 6/15/2023 at 2:21 PM, SydneyCarton said:

Great response, and I don't mean that sarcastically. I'll go piece by piece. 

Yes, I certainly don't recall either your field, or your wife. You'd have to be more specific, which obviously can be done over a PM. As for the meat of this paragraph, obviously mental health issues aren't going to be fixed with some tips, yes. We can start with bad parenting for young men, and bad parental role models, and access to marginalizing media. Entire genres of books have been written on the damaging effects and silo'ing created by social media, particularly on the developing brains of young people. But this is the issue I had with your posts, which you reference throughout in various different ways, that I took exception with, which comes down to some version of "these thoughts aren't helping, and they're worthless." Which you have below:

Yes, I speak in hyperbole, and no, I'm sure I can't draw a straight line to your post and more women being sexually assaulted, which isn't really something I did anyway. That being said, some version of throwing around "That doesn't help, I don't have the answer, but I know the answer isn't this" is not constructive either. And I don't mean because you don't have a solution. But it does further the cause of normalizing that kind of behavior of the incel class. Not calling a spade a spade, not speaking about it being reprehensible (which you do later, great, I never thought you were a malicious person or poster) not condemning the person and their behavior at every turn is, in my opinion, preventing the progress of shaping the worldview into something more equal. Giving women more power. Even if it's just widespread contempt for those kind of people whether it's mental illness or not. On some level, the whole outlook and worldview needs to be attacked.

I dont have much to add here other than the fact I have zero idea what your first two sentences are saying. I don't think I've engaged in any of those fallacies, and I also don't think it's fair to characterize your point of view as "It's more complicated than that." You persistently posted and responded that you didn't any of the viewpoints/suggestions on this thread were the problem, while offering nothing further up to counter it. This is the first time I recall you saying "I don't have the answer." It's not absurd for someone to get the impression that after they've gone back and forth with you a few times on this subject, while you offer no suggestions while taking the time to repeatedly show back up and post in the first place, that maybe you're just shitting on the concept don't think there's anything to be done. 

Fair enough. 

Apologies for the late reply, I feel like a starlet in a German bukkake film.

To the first end, yeah, I didn't think they were helpful, but I don't really have an answer.  I probably should have stated that.  I kind of thought it was understood (because of the omission), but I clearly missed the mark there.

I am usually fine with hyperbole but not when it links (even tangentially) to someone endorsing a horrible position.  In the India thread, I was accused of minimizing FGM all because I stated initially that we didn't have a lot of room to talk/lead the discussion and ultimately that it was a bit more of a complicated issue than we tend to think.   I tend to be a bit more vocal about qualifiers when I think there is more room for misinterpretations but I am clearly missing the mark on that one as of late.  I suppose I need to remind myself that communication isn't about what is said but what is received/heard.  I do think misinformation should be treated with hostility.  

As far as the subject goes, I can think of two people who fit the bill and a 3rd in the orbit off the top of my head.  One is a woman and she has just retreated from nearly all social situations simply because according to her the world is full of assholes.  She is an angry person from the outside but really I think she is just severely insecure, but I don't really know and any suggestion to talk about therapy/getting help is met with hostility.  For someone like that, grooming and game comments are just not helpful and heck, I don't know how to get through to her or if anyone can.    It reminds me of my brother who never let facts get in the way of a good story and nothing can penetrate that barrier of lies.  He thinks I should punish/beat my kids, including the one on the spectrum, and that LD's are just them being weak.  I tried to explain to him but his rigid thought process just couldn't accept it.  If it aint in the bible, then it doesn't exist.  I should write in his bible. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Sandman said:

viet women >>>> all other Asian women 

6 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Well, it wasn’t a dating app. It was a social networking website like MySpace or Facebook.

image.gif.5522838c69c250a1855536555240776f.gif

29 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

viet women >>>> all other Asian women 

Cambodian. Holy shit there are some insanely hot Cambodian nurses

On 6/16/2023 at 9:00 PM, Nivek said:

As far as the subject goes, I can think of two people who fit the bill and a 3rd in the orbit off the top of my head.  One is a woman and she has just retreated from nearly all social situations simply because according to her the world is full of assholes.  She is an angry person from the outside but really I think she is just severely insecure, but I don't really know and any suggestion to talk about therapy/getting help is met with hostility.  For someone like that, grooming and game comments are just not helpful and heck, I don't know how to get through to her or if anyone can.    It reminds me of my brother who never let facts get in the way of a good story and nothing can penetrate that barrier of lies.  He thinks I should punish/beat my kids, including the one on the spectrum, and that LD's are just them being weak.  I tried to explain to him but his rigid thought process just couldn't accept it.  If it aint in the bible, then it doesn't exist.  I should write in his bible. 

It's always someone else's fault...

On 6/16/2023 at 9:00 PM, Nivek said:

Yep. If someone is struggling to find someone, finding a good therapist is a good idea. Most likely the person has personal problems that need to be addressed.  These guys don't have the ability to properly communicate and relate to others. My bet is that they simultaneously come across too strong and too weak at the same time. 

Here's what I've learned from making too many mistakes in dating. Meet a woman you may like, ask for her number. Don't copy Swingers and call/text 5x that night but also don't wait 1 week. Text her the next day to say you want to take her out on a date. Be clear it's a date. Tell her the time AND place. "Drinks at ABC bar on Thur at 7." Don't ask her where she wants to go. Do all of this and her friends will be impressed, which is key for younger women. If she declines and doesn't offer an alternative night, move on. 

And as the first & subsequent dates approach, confirm with her. "Looking forward to seeing you tonight at ABC @ 7."

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 1

I was in Cambodia in Oct.  Can't say I saw a whole lot of stunners but luckily was not in a hospital

The bartender at our hotel was as cute as can be and about the nicest thing.  If she hadn't been married and pregnant I would have brought her home.  She did try to set me up with the other bartender but she was not where near as attractive

Edited by midtown
  • Haha 2

https://nypost.com/2023/06/19/troy-bohling-accused-of-pushing-women-into-germany-ravine-report/amp/

The man arrested for allegedly pushing two American tourists into a ravine by a castle in Germany has been identified as a “quiet” 30-year-old Michigan native who enjoyed playing “Dungeon and Dragons,” according to a report.

Don’t worry about the dudes who can’t get laid, save your energy worrying about the women they try to rape and murder because they’re angry about not getting laid. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

38 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

https://nypost.com/2023/06/19/troy-bohling-accused-of-pushing-women-into-germany-ravine-report/amp/

Don’t worry about the dudes who can’t get laid, save your energy worrying about the women they try to rape and murder because they’re angry about not getting laid. 

i believe playing dungeons & dragons as a signal of his sociopathy is being confounded"

According to the report, he and his brother could also be spotted around their home walking their cat on a leash.

• Haha 1

1) Strive to be the best version of yourself you can.  Do it everyday.  Might be a slow, arduous process, but you will, in fact make yourself a better version of yourself.

2) Personal grooming and fashion.  Steve Beshemi can't make himself into Brad Pitt, but he can always get closer.  You can too.  Sad that humans are so vain, but you aren't gonna change that.

3) Get out in the World and interact with people.  Gym, church, D&D club (outside your basement.)  Get out and practice social engagement. 

3a) Even if your that fat sweaty dude in spin class, it's worth it.  I watched a guy at my gym lose easily 80# in a year.  Still has terrible BO, but still.

4) Be nice to strangers, including women.  At the very worst it's good practice.  

5) Don't get mad at the World and retreat into yourself because "It isn't fair I don't pull any tail."  You're right.  It ISN'T fair.  Acknowledge it.  Embrace it.

Edited by Parliament
  • Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, Parliament said:

1) Strive to be the best version of yourself you can.  Do it everyday.  Might be a slow, arduous process, but you will, in fact make yourself a better version of yourself.

2) Personal grooming and fashion.  Steve Beshemi can't make himself into Brad Pitt, but he can always get closer.  You can too.  Sad that humans are so vain, but you aren't gonna change that.

3) Get out in the World and interact with people.  Gym, church, D&D club (outside your basement.)  Get out and practice social engagement. 

3a) Even if your that fat sweaty dude in spin class, it's worth it.  I watched a guy at my gym lose easily 80# in a year.  Still has terrible BO, but still.

4) Be nice to strangers, including women.  At the very worst it's good practice.  

5) Don't get mad at the World and retreat into yourself because "It isn't fair I don't pull any tail."  You're right.  It ISN'T fair.  Acknowledge it.  Embrace it.

6) Don't walk your cat on a leash

7) Get a dog instead

• Hook 'Em 1

Who is this message for?
  • Haha 1

6) Don't walk your cat on a leash
7) Get a dog instead

Cat people are better than dog people. Cat people don’t take Fifi to the grocery store, hotel, restaurants airplanes etc because they can’t stand to be separated from their proverbial security blanket.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I mean.....what was that guy's move/play, exactly?  "Hey, come over here and look at the view.  And now I make my move and try to get handsy with you.  And it that doesn't work, well, over the cliff you go!"  Gotta tell you.....not really setting himself up for success there.

43 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

"Get yourself a proper dog. Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless."  - Ron Swanson

That hurts and it’s bullshit. My guy gets me laid all the time. My wife, granted. But all the other babes would for sure sex me up, too. 

image.thumb.jpeg.2031c21dc83e99a9c2455f2ce34af137.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

"Get yourself a proper dog. Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless."  - Ron Swanson

I've said it before, but get a proper dog and take it to Lowe's with you on a weekend morning. Go through the garden section. Lots of single female homeowners. 

31 minutes ago, Deej said:

I've said it before, but get a proper dog and take it to Lowe's with you on a weekend morning. Go through the garden section. Lots of single female homeowners. 

Uh, little mini-dachshunds would have been my goto choice in late 1990s near the San Marcos River.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Yep. If I could go back and tell my single self one thing, it would be "Get a dog. Go to the dog park. Acquire pussy."

• Hook 'Em 2

Ain't nothing wrong with a smallish but fiesty and not annoying dog. I had a dog several years ago that was supposed to be a long haired chihuahua puppy, but her hair was pretty wirey and she looked like she was sired by some sort of schnauzer. She wasn't yappy or annoying (although I did catch her barking at a bald eagle hanging out in a pine tree in the back yard when I got home one day) and was a great little dog. She even got run over by the mail lady's jeep and was just fine after a couple of weeks. Nothing wrong with a little dog like that.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Ain't nothing wrong with a smallish but fiesty and not annoying dog. I had a dog several years ago that was supposed to be a long haired chihuahua puppy, but her hair was pretty wirey and she looked like she was sired by some sort of schnauzer. She wasn't yappy or annoying (although I did catch her barking at a bald eagle hanging out in a pine tree in the back yard when I got home one day) and was a great little dog. She even got run over by the mail lady's jeep and was just fine after a couple of weeks. Nothing wrong with a little dog like that.

I post about my little dude on the dog thread. I caved to pressure and now he’s absolutely my best friend.

If I walk him alone, I get attention from little kids and the 65+ ladies. At most a giggle from younger women.

But a few times I’ve been out with him AND my daughters somewhere—I’ve had some 30 somethings gently try to figure out what my whole situation is with the dog as the conversation starter. “Is he good with your kids…can he stay alone at home or does someone watch him….”

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

fuck you and fuck your cat, who will eat your dead body when you keel over.   Cats are assholes.  

I don't have a cat.   If the cat is and asshole to you in the morning, and your neighbor's cat is an asshole to you in the afternoon, and your friend's cat is an asshole to you in the evening...you're the asshole. 

I grew up a dog person, but then I stopped being so damn needy.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

This whole thread really went off the rails.  The issue of passport bros has nothing to do with meeting women or having game.   The problem is recently and due to social media every women regardless of rating feels like they have a right to date a man that is min 6'2 who makes $200k a year.   The number of unmarried, non-obese men who fit that category in the entire US is tiny like probably less than half a percent.  Let alone in the city they live in. Let alone any other personality or physical traitsl   Less than 4% of males in the ENTIRE us are above 6'2.   I haven't seen it mentioned but here is the website for the female delusions calculator. 
https://igotstandardsbro.com/
Also here is an interesting chart of how delusional women are.  The redline  being the actual male height distribution

20220725_082206.jpg

Edited by midtown
  • Hook 'Em 2