RFK Jr. off the chain and off his rocker

Satchel

23 minutes ago, pacman said:

Now he made the wife mad...slept on the couch last night

Yeah, been wondering how much she would take. He's surrounded by people who have created a super-duper echo chamber for him, so of course he's going to say stupid shit because they encouraged him (in order to validate their beliefs).

22 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Shut the fuck up you dumb mother fucker

This is how you handle these people. Call them on their bullshit to their face. Magats, R congress critters, all of them. Call them liars. Call them con artists. It’s the only way to shut them down. 

• Hook 'Em 2

DWS:

"Like before you apologized for invoking the Holocaust saying quote, 'to the extent my remarks caused hurt, I'm truly and deeply sorry.' These are not real statements of contrition or remorse, they are passive aggressive non-apologies that blame the listener for reacting to the lie you just spread."

Damn, that's a real truth bomb right there. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

clearly i've not been payng attention.

this dude ws anti vax, i remember that. i just figured "oh, i dunno, weird older kennedy is antivax, whatever" but i honestly had no idea the platform he commanded, and how much his weirdness is important to republicans.

And just for reference the study he keeps claiming backs up his statements about some races being less susceptible to Covid: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7360473/

Spoiler, the results aren't conclusive and it's just pointing to a hypothesis that there could be a link, but it requires much more study and testing to reach a conclusion. 

Edited by Dutchrudder
  • Hook 'Em 1

Back when monarchies still had power, someone like RFK Jr. would have been used to rally support around when a rival faction who was out power decided to overthrow the King or Queen.  The most common outcome was that they were beheaded when their side was inevitably crushed by the monarch.

Edited by kevwun

39 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I thought his dead cousin was coming back.  Is that not happening, now?  So confused. 

This would be a good time for that pawn stars meme.

Trump to the two guys behind the counter, "I need a game-changer for my fledgling campaign.  I need JFK, Jr. back from the dead to be my running mate and consolidate all the Qanon believers behind my ticket!"

Two guys behind the counter (mumbling first to one another), "Uh, best we can do is currently living RFK, Jr. with a vocal folds problem.  He's also borderline criminally insane."  

Trump, "I already have the insane populace market cornered.  At least he's a known name, I suppose.  Wait, he's isn't in better shape than me is he?"

Two guys (sensing a good deal), "How can anybody be in better shape than you?  You're an adonis, Mr. President." 

Trump, "Okay, we have a deal!  Here's some money I got from some other people."  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Caroline’s son drags his crazy cousin:

https://people.com/jack-schlossberg-slams-cousin-rfk-jr-endorses-joe-biden-7563907

Just days after presidential hopeful Robert F. Kennedy Jr. was slammed for giving a speech full of conspiracy theories about the COVID-19 virus, John F. Kennedy’s grandson, Jack Schlossberg, blasted his cousin in a scathing video message.

Early Friday morning, Schlossberg posted a video on Instagram criticizing his cousin’s presidential candidacy — and strongly endorsing incumbent President Joe Biden as the person to carry on his grandfather's legacy. He filmed the selfie video from a car.

“Hi, I’m Jack Schlossberg and I have something to say,” the 30-year-old attorney said, addressing the camera directly. “President John F. Kennedy is my grandfather and his legacy is important. It’s about a lot more than Camelot and conspiracy theories. It’s about public service and courage. It’s about civil rights, the Cuban missile crisis, and landing a man on the moon.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

It should be pretty obvious to anyone with a brain what this guy is doing, but post-Covid we are now seeing a decent chunk of the American population appears to be single issue voters backing an anti-vaxx person. The people I know that like him are naturalist, organic only, raw milk, anti-vaxxer people that think he's just like them. They don't care about anything else, they just want people to be afraid of vaccines and not have health mandates. I don't think that's going to persuade a whole bunch of folks when we get down two. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

The people I know that like him are naturalist, organic only, raw milk, anti-vaxxer people that think he's just like them. They don't care about anything else, they just want people to be afraid of vaccines and not have health mandates. I don't think that's going to persuade a whole bunch of folks when we get down two. 

That happens to be the Qanon/Apollo deniers/9/11 denier types that I know.

I'm just reminding them that they've jumped from the GOP to supporting a Democrat.  It kind of bothers them, but he's anti-vaccine so that's all that matters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

That happens to be the Qanon/Apollo deniers/9/11 denier types that I know.

I'm just reminding them that they've jumped from the GOP to supporting a Democrat.  It kind of bothers them, but he's anti-vaccine so that's all that matters.

Well, according to Big-Truth Anti-Deep-State Thinking, most Republicans aren't even Republicans. So maybe a Democrat actually is a Republican.

Never thought about that, did you, Sheeple.

They's WHEELS within WHEELS.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

The people I know that like him are naturalist, organic only, raw milk, anti-vaxxer people that think he's just like them. They don't care about anything else, they just want people to be afraid of vaccines and not have health mandates. I don't think that's going to persuade a whole bunch of folks when we get down two. 

54 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Well, according to Big-Truth Anti-Deep-State Thinking, most Republicans aren't even Republicans. So maybe a Democrat actually is a Republican.

Never thought about that, did you, Sheeple.

They's WHEELS within WHEELS.

We jest, but a week or two ago, I had an argument with one of these types.  We were at a soccer game (all of us vaccinated people are shedding covid proteins but outdoors it's okay for her to be around us), and my son was looking at some old toy commercials on YouTube, and in the midst of them was an ad with the Doublemint Twins.

I mentioned that Katey Sagal is their sister, and my Qanon in-law was like "your making that up" and I was like "I can show you her Wikipedia entry", and she did the "oh you can't trust any of that" crap.  I flat out asked her if she thought I was lying and she said yes, that was pulling a prank on her. I then pointed out that she believed fantastical conspiracy theories ginned up by anonymous people on the internet about Apollo 11, 9/11, COVID, vaccines, etc., but she wouldn't fucking believe a relative telling her in-person about something as simple as one actress being related to two other actresses with the same last name that's fairly unique, and then she just did her quiet post/resting bitch face.

I Know Right GIF

Am I the only one who never heard of this measles epidemic in Samoa a couple years ago?  That's quite a story, and a great example of how anti-vaxxers and their bullshit are killing people. I would love to know what the counter argument is to that story.

Edited by Dutchrudder

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

A) He sounds worse and worse as the days go by.

B) He doesn't seem to understand a simple geopolitical truth: Russia is not the Soviet Union.

C) He clearly is not paying attention to what's actually happening on the ground.

JFK and RFK would be fucking ashamed of him.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

A) He sounds worse and worse as the days go by.

B) He doesn't seem to understand a simple geopolitical truth: Russia is not the Soviet Union.

C) He clearly is not paying attention to what's actually happening on the ground.

JFK and RFK would be fucking ashamed of him.

He's just regurgitating what Putin and the Rooskies want him to say. Wasn't he on RT America earlier today or yesterday?

• Hook 'Em 1

RFK is just Bannon's 2024 version of Kanye.  Someone he thinks will disrupt the Democratic vote share and spoil for Biden, except he's too dumb to see past his 2D view of the electorate.

Once it becomes clear that RFK won't do shit in the primary, I do think he is a smart bet as Trump's VP. They will wink and try to pitch it as some sort of "unity" ticket, despite RFK being to the right of most Republicans.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Once it becomes clear that RFK won't do shit in the primary, I do think he is a smart bet as Trump's VP. They will wink and try to pitch it as some sort of "unity" ticket, despite RFK being to the right of most Republicans.

Wouldn't the VP be expected to help deliver a battleground state to Trump?  RFKjr is ostensibly a "New Yorker".  There's no there there.

VP candidates haven't been selected for their home state carrrying capability in over a half-century.  Johnson in 1960, Bush in 1980 (both to help with Texas for their respective parties), Kemp was kind of a last hail mary attempt at California in 1996 (kinda), John Edwards somewhat for NC in 2004, Paul Ryan in 2012 to help with Wisconsin's frequent swing status (mainly to make it appear that Romney could appear in rooms with Protestants without fainting), and that's about it going back to the Tv era that begins around Eisenhower's re-election.  Otherwise, they are chosen mainly for other factors (experience/newcomer, youth/wisdom, career politician/disruptor, religion, location on party's political spectrum, etc.).  

RFK would be chosen by Trump to appeal to more conspiracy lunatics who've yet to jump on MAGA express or need to jump back on.  and because next to RFK, Jr.-Donald Trump looks rather pragmatic and sane by comparison so there's that.  Nobody, even Trump, has any illusions about RFK helping carry New York or Massachusetts, the two de facto home states of RFK.  

For 2024 GOP options for VP---I could see geography being much more significant this time around since his most of the Trump campaign platform will be complaining about the 2020 election and forecasting massive fraud in the 2024 election he's asking people to participate in.  A woman, minority, or non-criminally insane person under federal indictment could help balance the ticket personality-wise...but I think we're probably due for a geographic pick given the landscape of tight elections in key states that carry significant EC votes.  That second part rules out Nevada, but leaves:  Michigan, Florida, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Georgia, and Arizona.  All won by 3 % or less.  Five of those went blue, 2 of those went red.  All 7 have at least 10 EC votes or more, with Florida at most with 29 and Pennsylvania with 20.  A Governor or Lt. Gov. from a close state would be most helpful since they're gonna know the secretaries of state and statewide political operators more than a Senator or Rep. would (unless that Senator just came from the statewide ranks recently).  That's who I'd bank on right now.  Somebody not currently or very recently in statewide elected office in one of those swing states doesn't do Trump much good even if they look good on TV.  i

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

RFK is just Bannon's 2024 version of Kanye.  Someone he thinks will disrupt the Democratic vote share and spoil for Biden, except he's too dumb to see past his 2D view of the electorate.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wouldn't the VP be expected to help deliver a battleground state to Trump?  RFKjr is ostensibly a "New Yorker".  There's no there there.

Unless his voice clears up soon, he ain't getting a VP invite.

I agree somewhat with @YGIFS that a smart move would be a geographic pick at this point, but it's Trump and he's going to find somebody that appeals to him on whatever day of the week he happens to decide to make his pick. I have a feeling it'll be an attractive woman.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Unless his voice clears up soon, he ain't getting a VP invite.

I agree somewhat with @YGIFS that a smart move would be a geographic pick at this point, but it's Trump and he's going to find somebody that appeals to him on whatever day of the week he happens to decide to make his pick. I have a feeling it'll be an attractive woman.

It'll be Megyn Kelly.  Well played Simulation.  Well played.

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

It'll be Megyn Kelly.  Well played Simulation.  Well played.

I think she said some bad things about him.  But he's able to forget that because she's attractive.

At this point, he knows he doesn't have to worry about the evangelicals - they'll support him no matter what.