RFK Jr. off the chain and off his rocker

Satchel

21 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

So what happens if Biden dies? RFK becomes the leading Democrat candidate by default?

No. Someone else like Newsome steps into the race becuase no one is going to piss of folks by going against an incument. 

The only reason RFK doesn't mind going against the incumbent is because he's a Republican. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

No. Someone else like Newsome steps into the race becuase no one is going to piss of folks by going against an incument. 

The only reason RFK doesn't mind going against the incumbent is because he's a Republican. 

My vote would be Ted Lieu, but that's me, and there are several other good ones.  

At his age I think its impressive, but the optics of being shirtless in jeans is what I find funny and the fact he felt the need to even do it is even more absurd.  

My dad just turned 80. He does 20 push ups and 50 sit ups every morning. Also run/walks 2.5 miles every evening. But then again, as he’ll say, “I was a Green Beret before they were cool”.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

He'll blame that campaign SNAFU on a vaccine, seems to blame everything on a vaccine. 

RFKJ used to attribute his voice infirmity to something he inherited from his mom. Now, he’s claiming it’s a result of being vaccinated when he was younger.

On 6/27/2023 at 4:50 PM, Underdog said:

Pete. 

or Polis...? would he make a run? i haven't lived here long enough to know everything about his administration or his ambition but he seems to be pretty popular, in and out of state. 

huh. apparently i'm a fan of gays in politics lol 😜

16 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

My dad just turned 80. He does 20 push ups and 50 sit ups every morning. Also run/walks 2.5 miles every evening. But then again, as he’ll say, “I was a Green Beret before they were cool”.

I believe your dad was a Green Beret because he is probably in the 1 percentile of people 70+ who can do what you just described, especially at 80. RFK Jr. is probably in the top 5%.

Just think about your average great-grandparents or grandparents (or parents, for some of us in middle age) and imagine them lifting any amount of weight off an incline bench or doing push-ups half push-ups (what we used to call "girl push ups") at 70 years old.

Edited by HonkeyVape
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Are we really discussing how much RFK Jr can lift?  Who gives a fuck about the fucking marmot?

I think it just highlights how subjective we humans take things based on our underlying and pre-existing feelings about people.

Like I said, in a vacuum, a 70 year old doing push ups and doing incline bench press is pretty dang impressive. Just having a cut/fit body like that at that age is-- we've all seen the pics of Arnold once he hit old age.

But RFK sucks, so we need to find an angle to pretend it's not impressive. It's just human psychology, people try to do it with Biden too who is legitimately funny and doing a good job as President, they did it with Obama (tan suit), etc.

• Fuck You 3

Didn't realize Jack Dorsey was propping this guy up. From the NYT: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/28/us/politics/rfk-democrats-election.html

"The money men aiding Robert Kennedy Jr.’s political surge

As the 2024 race heats up, President Biden faces a persistent thorn in his side: Robert Kennedy Jr., the scion of the Democratic dynasty, who both touts an array of fringe theories and boasts surprisingly durable poll numbers.

The Times notes that Kennedy is drawing support from an array of political outsiders. But perhaps his most powerful base is a group of financial and tech moguls, including the Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey, who have given him money and something arguably more important: exposure.

Kennedy speaks to many of their interests. That includes things like cryptocurrency — he has spoken at industry conferences and accepts campaign donations in Bitcoin. Kennedy has also embraced some of their favored podcasts, speaking with popular hosts like Joe Rogan and the venture capitalists behind the show “All-In.”

And in endorsing Kennedy, Dorsey (who’s also a major Bitcoin booster) cited the candidate’s criticism of government censorship.

But Kennedy’s most powerful draw may be his iconoclasm, particularly his willingness to buck institutional thinking on matters like the benefits of vaccines. (That has led to YouTube removing a Kennedy interview because it promoted vaccine misinformation.)"

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court has existed with its full complement of nine justices for close to 150 years, no matter who occupied the White House. Now some Republican lawmakers suggest they would be fine with just eight for four years more rather than have Hillary Clinton fill the vacancy.

The court has operated with eight justices for the past eight months as Republicans controlling the Senate have blocked confirmation hearings for President Barack Obama’s nominee Merrick Garland. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and his GOP colleagues have insisted that American voters should have a say, choosing the next president in Tuesday’s election. The 45th president — either Democrat Hillary Clinton or Republican Donald Trump — would fill the current vacancy created when Justice Antonin Scalia died in February.

But several Republicans have said if the voters elect Clinton, they’ll block her nominees, effectively abandoning their advice and consent role for her entire term.

“If Hillary Clinton becomes president, I am going to do everything I can do to make sure four years from now, we still got an opening on the Supreme Court,” North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr said in an audio recording of his meeting with GOP volunteers on Saturday. CNN obtained a copy of the audio.

GOP Sens. John McCain of Arizona and Ted Cruz of Texas have also suggested blocking any Clinton nominees. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., said in a debate Monday night that he “can’t imagine” voting for any Clinton nominee though he stopped short of vowing to block a pick from a Democratic president.

McConnell says simply the next president will make the nomination to fill the current vacancy.

The size of the court is set by federal law and has changed over the years, but has been nine justices since 1869.

When vacancies arise, they usually are filled within months, if not weeks. But there have twice been stretches of more than two years where the court was one justice short. Another six vacancies lasted more than a year. The most recent was in 1969 and 1970, when Justice Abe Fortas resigned and the Senate rejected two of President Richard Nixon’s nominees before confirming Justice Harry Blackmun

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/clinton-wins-gop-say-no-9-supreme-court

On 6/27/2023 at 3:09 PM, Hmbre97 said:

4ec6ce56-7fd0-4812-9430-42ef5da09fa9_tex

look-you-see.gif

On 6/27/2023 at 4:08 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Is 10 half-pushups something to be proud of, even at his age?

Cock pushups?

5 hours ago, HonkeyVape said:

Didn't realize Jack Dorsey was propping this guy up. From the NYT: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/28/us/politics/rfk-democrats-election.html

"The money men aiding Robert Kennedy Jr.’s political surge

As the 2024 race heats up, President Biden faces a persistent thorn in his side: Robert Kennedy Jr., the scion of the Democratic dynasty, who both touts an array of fringe theories and boasts surprisingly durable poll numbers.

The Times notes that Kennedy is drawing support from an array of political outsiders. But perhaps his most powerful base is a group of financial and tech moguls, including the Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey, who have given him money and something arguably more important: exposure.

Kennedy speaks to many of their interests. That includes things like cryptocurrency — he has spoken at industry conferences and accepts campaign donations in Bitcoin. Kennedy has also embraced some of their favored podcasts, speaking with popular hosts like Joe Rogan and the venture capitalists behind the show “All-In.”

And in endorsing Kennedy, Dorsey (who’s also a major Bitcoin booster) cited the candidate’s criticism of government censorship.

But Kennedy’s most powerful draw may be his iconoclasm, particularly his willingness to buck institutional thinking on matters like the benefits of vaccines. (That has led to YouTube removing a Kennedy interview because it promoted vaccine misinformation.)"

Not sure why this got negged, but yes, Jack Dorsey seems like he sucks.

• Hook 'Em 1

If RFK Jr. switched parties, he could easily be Trump's running mate.  Hell, he wouldn't have to - Trump would think it brilliant to have a supposed Democrat on his ticket, because surely that's a winning ticket.

And if RFK Jr. switched parties,  I have a feeling he'd put DeSantis in a distant third in the GOP primaries.

On 7/1/2023 at 12:32 AM, atomheartbevo said:

If RFK Jr. switched parties, he could easily be Trump's running mate.  Hell, he wouldn't have to - Trump would think it brilliant to have a supposed Democrat on his ticket, because surely that's a winning ticket.

And if RFK Jr. switched parties,  I have a feeling he'd put DeSantis in a distant third in the GOP primaries.

Could be a masterful move by Trump to name RFK Jr as his running mate. A certain percent of Trumpists already believe that JFK Jr is alive. A move to RFK Jr is just one letter off, and Q can explain to them that this is the next step to whatever end goal they have.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/1/2023 at 1:32 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Qari Lake would go full Sirhan-Sirhan on Mr. Pushups. 

On 6/28/2023 at 10:30 PM, mchookem said:

or Polis...? would he make a run? i haven't lived here long enough to know everything about his administration or his ambition but he seems to be pretty popular, in and out of state. 

huh. apparently i'm a fan of gays in politics lol 😜

Polis would be a great President.  He's easily been the best governor of my lifetime.  I hope he runs at some point.

Um ...

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/05/bill-ackman-rfk-jr-covid-vaccines.html

Bill Ackman said in 2021 that delaying Covid vaccinations for older Americans “seems like genocide.”

Today, the influential hedge fund chief and investor is amplifying the debunked anti-vaccine views of Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Ackman is not denying his change. In fact, he said Kennedy is asking “important questions” about vaccines, raising issues he is interested in learning more about.

Several of Ackman’s recent tweets about Covid vaccines have stunned and confounded many of his colleagues on Wall Street, according to several people who have known and been allied with him for years. And it’s led both his allies and foes to ask the same question: Why is he doing this?

Ackman answered that question in an interview with CNBC on Wednesday.

“I listened to RFK on several podcasts and a town hall and thought he raised important issues about vaccines and other issues that were worth learning more about,” said Ackman, the CEO of Pershing Square Capital. “I don’t feel like we’ve fully answered questions about the safety of all vaccines, particularly more recently approved vaccines, and our approach to determining their safety and efficacy.” 

Although the effectiveness of the Covid vaccines has declined over time as the virus has evolved into new variants, public health officials say the shots are a critical tool in preventing hospitalization and death from the virus, particularly among the elderly and people with pre-existing medical conditions. Serious side effects are rare. The CDC and FDA closely watch vaccine safety though large monitoring systems, and regularly discuss any issues at public advisory committee meetings.

Ackman, a billionaire whose commentary can move markets, is the latest high profile executive to show support for Kennedy and his opinions. 

Wall Street veteran Omeed Malik is hosting a campaign fundraiser for Kennedy later this month in the Hamptons. Venture capitalist David Sacks and fellow tech leader Chamath Palihapitiya hosted a fundraiser for Kennedy in June, which raised approximately $500,000 for Kennedy’s campaign. Ackman would not say whether he planned to donate to Kennedy’s campaign for president.

Ackman’s new stance on vaccines marks a dramatic shift for the investor. In 2021, he said the U.S. should “launch mass vaccinations” of the elderly. He reaped large profits during the peak of the Covid pandemic, by selling his bets against the market, just days after warning on CNBC that “hell is coming” and imploring the Trump White House to shut down the country for a month. Ackman, in a March 26 letter to investors, called the idea that his comments moved the market “absurd.” “Beginning on March 12th, we began unwinding our hedge, and continued to do so every day thereafter until we completed our exit on the morning of March 23rd,” he wrote.

Ackman told CNBC his newfound worries about vaccines come from being a parent and a concerned citizen. He said Kennedy, in his view, is asking “important questions” about them. “Unfortunately, vaccines are not safety tested,” Kennedy said at a town hall late last month.

Scientific researchers and medical officials have emphatically rejected Kennedy’s stances on vaccines, including his earlier argument that vaccines can lead to autism.

Ackman has pushed his newfound skepticism to his approximately 740,000 followers while saying he is not opposed to vaccines. He has also taken on a doctor who is known for pushing back on misinformation related to Covid.

″@RobertKennedyJr and others have raised important questions about the safety of some vaccines and have sought explanations for the dramatic increases in the incidence of childhood allergies, autism, and other health issues. These are good questions that have not been adequately answered,” Ackman said in a tweet last month that quoted a video of former Fox News host Tucker Carlson arguing that Kennedy is getting the better of President Joe Biden in the early days of the Democratic primary campaign.

Biden enjoys a substantial lead in Democratic primary polls, although Kennedy is pulling double-digit support.

When asked if he believes whether Kennedy should be president, Ackman said: “I don’t yet know, but I think he is asking important questions and raising interesting issues that are worthy of discussion and debate.”

Ackman, who has backed Democrats in the past, also wouldn’t say whether he will back Biden.

“It depends on the alternatives at the time of the general election,” Ackman said. “My strong preference is that he announces now that he won’t run to create a more open field for other candidates.”

Wall Street execs question Ackman

Ackman’s peers are discussing the matter more and more through text messages and private conversations, according to one of his allies. Ackman is known among investors as a meticulous, yet contrarian, thinker.

“I’m not surprised at all because the guy has a contrarian streak to him,” a Wall Street ally of Ackman’s told CNBC regarding the investor’s recent tweets. “When he believes something, he’s not shy to stand by it.”

Ackman has waded into politics before, including through campaign contributions. 

He’s supported Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., an outside group that backed former Citigroup executive and Democratic New York mayoral candidate Ray McGuire, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, Democratic former candidate for president Pete Buttigieg, and Republican former Rep. Liz Cheney’s 2022 failed run for reelection, according to data from nonpartisan campaign finance tracker OpenSecrets. 

But none of those donations came across as surprising on Wall Street, unlike his recent tweets.

Some say Ackman could be positioning himself to have more influence in politics, including possibly running for office one day. Ackman said in a recent tweet that he planned to meet with Schumer this week to discuss his idea of how to fix the college student debt problem after the Supreme Court struck down Biden’s relief plan.

Ackman denied having any plans to run for office and declined to comment about the Schumer meeting.

Others say he could be trying to align himself with outspoken business leaders who are more conservative and have been echoing similar takes, such as Sacks and Twitter owner Elon Musk. Sacks and Musk have both expressed support for Kennedy and GOP presidential candidate Ron DeSantis, the governor of Florida.

Many of those familiar with Ackman – allies and rivals alike – talked to CNBC on the condition of anonymity in order to openly speak about their stances on why they believe he has suddenly trained his contrarianism on issues like vaccines and Russia.

Carl Icahn, the veteran activist investor and a longtime adversary of Ackman’s, told CNBC in a phone interview that he believes the Pershing Square CEO’s tweets are yet another example of how wrong Ackman can be.

“His tweeting might be a positive. Since I’ve known him, he’s almost never been correct about anything he’s said. Therefore if one reads his tweets, and does the opposite, you’re almost sure to be correct and very possibly make a large profit,” Icahn said.

“He makes large bets and like the riverboat gambler, he does win sometimes but often loses hugely. Just look at the billions he’s lost in Herbalife and Valeant. Most riverboat gamblers die broke,” Icahn said. “The only difference between him and a riverboat gambler is not only he’s losing his own money, unfortunately he’s losing a lot of other people’s money, too.”

Ackman declined to comment on Icahn’s remarks.

Institutional Investor reported Ackman broke a three-year winning streak in 2022, registering his first down year since 2018. Pershing Square Holdings fell more than 8% for the year, according to the publication.

Ackman’s recent tweets have turned heads beyond Wall Street, too. Alexander Reid Ross, a disinformation expert who lectures at Portland State University in Oregon, told CNBC that it appears Ackman is going back and forth on different conspiracies – and getting things wrong.

Reid Ross pointed to Ackman’s latest tweets pertaining to the Wagner Group’s armed rebellion in Russia.

“Ackman’s profile seems to veer wildly and be attracted to statements that may seem interesting and extreme but end up wrong. For instance, on the latest Wagner rebellion, he shares one person saying in effect ‘either [Vladimir] Putin kills Prigo [Yevgeny Prigozhin] or Moscow falls,’ and in another case he supports the nation that Putin made the whole thing up,” Reid Ross said. “This is veering wildly from one false assumption to the next one, both of which being mutually exclusive.”

Ackman and Covid

As he apparently defended Kennedy’s broadly debunked and criticized stances on vaccines, Ackman also injected himself into a Twitter battle involving Dr. Peter Jay Hotez, who has pushed back on misinformation related to the coronavirus and vaccines. 

Podcast host Joe Rogan initially pushed the idea of having Hotez and Kennedy debate. Rogan, who has made his popular show a platform for celebrities as well as conspiracy theorists, offered to give $100,000 to a charity if the doctor was willing to come on his show to debate Kennedy. Ackman later said he would “add $150,000 to @joerogan’s wager so now $250,000 can go to charity and the public can hear an open debate on an important topic.”

Musk chimed in and said “Maybe @PeterHotez just hates charity.” Hotez refused to debate Kennedy but did say he was willing to go on Rogan’s show to discuss his own position on vaccines. He later said on Twitter that “a couple of antivaxers” showed up at his private residence in Texas “taunting” him to debate Kennedy.

At first, Ackman encouraged a debate between Kennedy and Hotez. Later, he walked back the idea and criticized the doctor, who says on his website that he worked in the “development of coronavirus vaccines including vaccines administered to over 100 million people in India and Indonesia.”

“Based on my further research Hotez does not appear to be a credible advocate for vaccine policy in light of the repeated inaccuracies of his public statements during the crisis and potential conflicts he may have,” Ackman tweeted to his more than 700,000 followers on June 19.

Hotez responded to Ackman on Twitter the next day.

“Awful to read Mr. Ackman’s account of my activities. I have no pharma conflicts, I co-developed low-cost patent-free Covid vaccines for global health reaching 100 million doses. I never took a cent for any cable news/podcast/radio appearances,” Hotez said.

“And you have the audacity to present phony conspiracy websites that monetize the internet as your evidence?”

It's Daily Mail, so grain of salt.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12275891/Antivaxxer-RFK-Jnr-admits-using-TRT-dubbed-legal-steroids.html

The Democratic presidential hopeful admitted he is on an 'anti-aging' protocol prescribed by his doctor that includes TRT, a hormone treatment that can cause an increased risk of blood clots, heart attacks and strokes in some cases.

Mr Kennedy's admissions has led some to call him out for hypocrisy. His political career has been built on peddling hardline anti-vaxx views for years, including the claim that vaccines cause autism and kill more children than they protect.

Here he is 10 years ago in his 50s.  Yeah, he's juicing these days.

72977405-12275891-Robert_Kennedy_Jr_back

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

MAGA-chatter indicates that RFK is a favorite if they can't have Trump. The shared religion of conspiracies must wash away the sin of being a Democrat.

My Qanon relative named-dropped RFK recently, so I kind of wonder about that.

And hey, Trump was a Democrat. DeSantis buys into some of their bullshit, but he doesn't feel like he's willing to go the extra mile to be nutty like Trump or RFK Jr, and I think many are sniffing out that he's ultimately a loser (and only won because Trump).

• Drool 1

The number of complete dumb shits in this country is staggering. All of the gained knowledge of the past few hundred years of human advancement is readily available but because they're too stupid or lazy to seek it they just throw wild conspiracy nut stories out as some sort of pseudo religion. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The Daily Beast has a mixed relationship to fact. That said, this story is a hoot. 

Presidential hopeful Robert F. Kennedy Jr. threw a press dinner on Tuesday night that devolved into a shouting match between two elderly men—a bizarre conflict that reportedly ended with a prolonged bout of flatulence. As relayed by a Page Six reporter who was present, the mess started after a guest asked Kennedy a question about the environment, an innocent-enough inquiry that enraged former gossip columnist Doug Dechert, the—reportedly drunk—host of the whole event. “The climate hoax!” Dechert started to yell. His senile screams drew the ire of his longtime friend, art critic Anthony Haden-Guest, who wasted no time condemning Dechert and pleading for him to “shut up.” But Dechert was relentless, continuing to rant about the “scam” of climate change while Haden-Guest disparaged him with insults, calling him “fucking insane” and “insignificant.” That’s when Dechert brought out his secret weapon: a booming fart that he released while shouting, “I’m farting!” All the while, RFJ Jr. calmly watched the gaseous chaos unfold. Dechert said the following to Page Six about the incident: “I apologize for using my flatulence as a medium of public commentary in your presence.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-gigantic-fart-derailed-rfk-jrs-nyc-press-dinner?via=desktop&source=Reddit

• Like 1
  • Haha 2