USWNT 2023: Journey to a 5th Star

pacman

52 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Apparently Smith and Rodman are strikers who were played out of position so that Morgan could go “0 for the tournament” from the #9 position.

This team was not going to win the WC with Smith and Rodman, regardless of how out of position they played. They had flashes but nothing about their play led me to believe we could win the entire thing with them. Smith, Rodman, and Morgan accounted for 2 goals in 4 games with the 2 goals being against the worst team in the tourney. Save for 1/2 a game today by Rodman, I'd say those 3 sucked shit and are the reason we are out of the tourney.

Will Smith and Rodman get better? Will Morgan retire from the national team? We better hope so.

5 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

This team was not going to win the WC with Smith and Rodman, regardless of how out of position they played. They had flashes but nothing about their play led me to believe we could win the entire thing with them. Smith, Rodman, and Morgan accounted for 2 goals in 4 games with the 2 goals being against the worst team in the tourney. Save for 1/2 a game today by Rodman, I'd say those 3 sucked shit and are the reason we are out of the tourney.

Will Smith and Rodman get better? Will Morgan retire from the national team? We better hope so.

Or maybe asking them to play out of position was exactly the problem. The demands of a pure striker are different than a winger. We complain about them dribbling into traffic, that's likely not something they need to do.

Ironically we bitch about the play of the team when they probably played their best game. In the end, the problem was really coaching. Like Greggdamort, Vlatko fucked around and found out that when you don't put your players in their best positions you likely are going to have a recipe for disaster.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Captain Ron said:

Or maybe asking them to play out of position was exactly the problem. The demands of a pure striker are different than a winger. We complain about them dribbling into traffic, that's likely not something they need to do.

Ironically we bitch about the play of the team when they probably played their best game. In the end, the problem was really coaching. Like Greggdamort, Vlatko fucked around and found out that when you don't put your players in their best positions you likely are going to have a recipe for disaster.

They suck, out of position or not. They lack basic skill.

57 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Playing for love of country is a component of motivation, inspiration, and ambition to win.  Congrats, Sweden.

Get the fuck out of here with this shit. You have exactly 4 posts in here calling the ladies out for some shit about not loving country or the other. You don't know shit about these players. Go get your fucking shine box.

• Hook 'Em 10
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Playing for love of country is a component of motivation, inspiration, and ambition to win.  Congrats, Sweden.

I wanted Sweden to win, but it wasn’t due to my penis feeling like it was shrinking due to girls not singing the anthem. 

I wanted them to lose because they have been given a head start in the women’s game like no other team other than the USA in basketball and yet they have chose to ignore the future and hold tightly onto their past. 

Much like the Big 3 U.S. automakers in the 1980s, they have chosen NOT to adapt until it was too late to remain on top. 

I have two passports and hope to get a third in the coming years. I have friends from most of the remain countries in the tournament. I don’t need anyone to sing shit for me to pull for them, I need them to them to exhibit skill and awareness and for their manager not to be a shit-for-brains.

PS- I think that South Africa would have beaten the USWNT if we had won our group. They have skill, speed, and lots of fight. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Frankly that penalty miss and being associated wirh this team performance probably cost her tens of millions of dollars in endorsement earnings.

I don’t think that her miss will make much of a difference in her future earnings.

She is already a legend, this was the round of 16, she never should have been on the team in the first place, she didn’t miss the kick that could have instantly meant advancing, she’s didn’t miss the final kick, she already has two World Cup wins under her belt including one she captained. 

Only incels will think about this match by the end of the tournament. 

She’s an American icon and she’ll be fine. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Wow that is just a terrible attempt... 

Kind of like Paxton Pomykal last night against Inter Miami in his home stadium of the club where he signed a home grown contract over half a decade ago, except that Pomykal was the only miss. And he’s in his mid 20s and Dallas hasn’t won shit in their history (except maybe a U.S. Open Cup).

Time stamped at Pomykal’s miss. 

IMG_5910.jpeg

3 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

When I see people post shit like this I wonder what such a country lover like @Harrison Stafford would think about people that celebrate their own country failing because the person that did the failing was someone they didn't like?

I bet these people would be shocked - shocked! - to learn that we've had some real shitheads suit up in the burnt orange over the years.

29 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I bet these people would be shocked - shocked! - to learn that we've had some real shitheads suit up in the burnt orange over the years.

But don't you get it? She was a lesbian! And she talked about it!! Those guys only punched their girlfriends behind closed doors in the dorm rooms or made fun of teammates for their ailments in the locker room! Don't you know that guy was never charged with anything? Why get rid of him?

Lots of weird hate for a woman that oversaw the most successful era for the USWNT and gave us this:

• Hook 'Em 7

Rapinoe was a service savant for well over a decade, as well known for her pinpoint crosses as for her pay crusade. It is unfortunate and unfair that her career is likely to end this way, but such is the case for any athlete who overstays their welcome.

And anyone who plays soccer for at least a moderate length of time will miss a critical PK in heartbreaking fashion. It's just part of the game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Fucking Lionel Messi missed a PK in the Copa America final in 2016.  Roberto Baggio probably has the most famous modern miss.  Dude is still a legend. 

Those bagging on Rapinoe’s career because of the anthem or the miss can get fucked. 

Yeah, this. Bet most of those losers are even more soccer ignorant than i am, and that's saying something. I at least know enough not to call a 2 time WC champion one of the biggesr losers ever. That's just embarassing.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

But don't you get it? She was a lesbian! And she talked about it!! Those guys only punched their girlfriends behind closed doors in the dorm rooms or made fun of teammates for their ailments in the locker room! Don't you know that guy was never charged with anything? Why get rid of him?

Lots of weird hate for a woman that oversaw the most successful era for the USWNT and gave us this:

Man, Ian Darke is light years better than JP Dellacamera.

8 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

One of the "biggest losers in American history" played a huge part in putting two of those WC stars on the USWNT shirts.

Sure, Jan/gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Induced some holy fuck chills here. My memory of that game was wiped away by alcohol. 

I miss Ian.