utterly naked corruption in texas...

sidis

i know this is in the paxton thread but this deserves its own thread. 

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/07/18/ken-paxton-impeachment-dan-patrick/

the two dipshits (dunn and wilks) literally put in $1.5 million each on june 23rd (see https://www.transparencyusa.org/tx/committee/defend-texas-liberty-pac-00084766-gpac/contributions) and a couple of days later, patrick has $3 million more dollars for putting a gag order on the senate trial rules.  i am trying to imagine going to trial where i just paid the judge $3 million.  seems totally reasonable.  i'm also trying to imagine spending a million and half dollars to white knight for a piece of shit like ken paxton so he can continue to frontline crusade for your efforts to destroy education and make everyone be indoctrinated into jesus world.

and room temp iq texans that comprise this fucking dumbfuck state all respond with "cool, sounds good."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

On the topic of utterly naked corruption: It must be really nice to be a state senator and be able to skate DWI charges that probably would have been rammed through against any of us regular pleabs

I also say on topic of utterly naked corruption because pretty sure this is the same state senator Schwertner that sent dong pics to a UT Grad student a while back and skated on that too...

yep, same guy. 

• Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i'm confused. 

do some of yall want this in the daily texan?

this seems like politics, and we are all on...checks notes...the politics board?

andy-samberg-cool-cool-cool.gif

Serious question -- what the fuck happened to you?

25 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

not sure what you're getting at. 

is your position that you would like this thread to be locked?

My position is that you sound like my broke-brained father before he died, calling everything negative that happened to Trump "political."

A news event that involves a politician is not necessarily "political."

Just now, Beau Vine said:

My position is that you sound like my broke-brained father before he died, calling everything negative that happened to Trump "political."

It is both political and a relevant news story involving Texans and widespread corruption in the state government. It should be discussed as both. 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

yet, here we are in the cloak room, discussing this blatant corruption as both a news story and a political story. 

most of the threads in the cloak room start from a news story of some kind. that usually generates discussion around what should politically happen because of that news story, or maybe nothing should happen, fuck i dunno.

do you want a daily texan thread about this? how long will it take before a naked political corruption in texas "news" story doesn't go full cloak room.

i'm still really just not understanding your beef here.

• Hook 'Em 1

was this thread originally in DT? I read Stassney's comment as accusing sidis of giving this thread a title that would draw the attention of the DT safe space folks (and potentially draw them from DT into CR where this thread is located). Am I missing something?

the-big-lebowski-child-who-wanders-into-

i am missing an awful lot apparently.  a thread about how two billionaire nutjobs just transparently purchased the legislative trial proceedings in the texas senate of the recently impeached attorney general so that he can continue to embarrass the state and file nuisance lawsuits to attempting to overturn the 2020 election has somehow been hijacked by a world class douchebag playing inconsequential and pathetic thread police nonsense because they object to my use of an ellipses in the thread title.

jesus fucking christ, no wonder we have lieutenant governors openly accepting bribes to tilt the scale of a senate trial in open air...why the fuck would he think anyone would care when the primary topic being discussed is whether this should be posted on the daily texan board or whether it's okay to use an ellipses in a thread title meant to bring attention to said corruption.

ec29ff03-93d4-40ea-b4c4-25860a06eb37_tex

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

do you want a daily texan thread about this? how long will it take before a naked political corruption in texas "news" story doesn't go full cloak room.

You used the exact fucking logic on the DT Trump indictment thread and were proven completely wrong, yet here you are getting right back on that horse.

I mean, I'm pleasantly surprised that you haven't moved the Oppenheimer thread out of Movies and TV because it's an extremely political movie...

Edited by Beau Vine

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

You used the exact fucking logic on the DT Trump indictment thread and were proven completely wrong, yet here you are getting right back on that horse.

um, ok?

congrats on your daily texas "news" trump indictment thread that's totally not political.

my advice, should you wish to take it: solve you fucking problem for yourself by going to daily texan and making a totally not political "news" thread about our government being for sale, right out in the open, and nobody giving a fuck.

you won't though, because the only fucks this thread seems to stir in you are the fucks having to do with cloak room vs daily texan bullshit. 

which i find weird, but i always have.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

my advice, should you wish to take it: solve you fucking problem for yourself by going to daily texan and making a totally not political "news" thread about our government being for sale, right out in the open, and nobody giving a fuck.

you won't though

I actually already started a news thread in DT about Paxton's indictment and either you or blacklab moved it to CR even though it was already several pages long with no political shitfights in it, so apparently "nobody giving a fuck" isn't real accurate (again).

2 hours ago, sidis said:

i am missing an awful lot apparently.  a thread about how two billionaire nutjobs just transparently purchased the legislative trial proceedings in the texas senate of the recently impeached attorney general so that he can continue to embarrass the state and file nuisance lawsuits to attempting to overturn the 2020 election has somehow been hijacked by a world class douchebag playing inconsequential and pathetic thread police nonsense because they object to my use of an ellipses in the thread title.

jesus fucking christ, no wonder we have lieutenant governors openly accepting bribes to tilt the scale of a senate trial in open air...why the fuck would he think anyone would care when the primary topic being discussed is whether this should be posted on the daily texan board or whether it's okay to use an ellipses in a thread title meant to bring attention to said corruption.

ec29ff03-93d4-40ea-b4c4-25860a06eb37_tex

You could just comment on the same exact link posted in a thread dedicated to Paxton, instead of creating a new thread in the same forum, appearing in the same quartile of topics on the front page, with a clickbait title that has nowhere the engagement and reach as the previous thread.

If you want to be the paperboy, maybe ask immamac if you can buy 10 likes for for $9.95 and get marked as Popular post.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

You could just comment on the same exact link posted in a thread dedicated to Paxton, instead of creating a new thread in the same forum, appearing in the same quartile of topics on the front page, with a clickbait title that has nowhere the engagement and reach as the previous thread.

If you want to be the paperboy, maybe ask immamac if you can buy 10 likes for for $9.95 and get marked as Popular post.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, sidis said:

i know this is in the paxton thread but this deserves its own thread. 

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/07/18/ken-paxton-impeachment-dan-patrick/

the two dipshits (dunn and wilks) literally put in $1.5 million each on june 23rd (see https://www.transparencyusa.org/tx/committee/defend-texas-liberty-pac-00084766-gpac/contributions) and a couple of days later, patrick has $3 million more dollars for putting a gag order on the senate trial rules.  i am trying to imagine going to trial where i just paid the judge $3 million.  seems totally reasonable.  i'm also trying to imagine spending a million and half dollars to white knight for a piece of shit like ken paxton so he can continue to frontline crusade for your efforts to destroy education and make everyone be indoctrinated into jesus world.

and room temp iq texans that comprise this fucking dumbfuck state all respond with "cool, sounds good."

The corruption is the logical consequence of removing the ability of voters to police the politicians.  First you tilt the scales with gerrymandering.  Then you change the rules to make it harder for those who don’t favor you to vote.  Then you convince the room temp Texans that the real issue is the trans threat to their binary, hetero beer.  Once you’ve built an unassailable wall up around the seats of political power… they let you do what you want. You can do anything.  Grab whatever you desire by the pussy.  You could stand in the middle of Congress avenue and shoot someone and not lose enough voters to matter.

Ain't it GREAT?

• Rage+1 2