2024 DL D'antre Robinson

Getafix

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

The Bo Davis effect. There was a tweet posted in one of these threads that he is considering asking out of his LOI. 

I knew players could get out of an LOI if the head coach left, but I wasn’t sure if they could get out of the LOI if a position coach left. 

3 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Not a precedent we want to set. 

Forcing a kid to stay when he doesn’t want to be there also isn’t a precedent we want to set. 

Xavier Worthy was let out of his LOI with Michigan.  Worked out well for us. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Not a precedent we want to set. 

no choice, but to let him out. If Texas forces him to come, he is going to be be a pain in the ass and the media will jump on the story about how mean Texas is. 

Would have been nice if we could wait to release until a DL coach is hired but I guess that's still a few weeks away and not worth the bad blood it would create.

Edited by Viper

If he committed to Bo Davis and not to TEXAS do not want anyway, need culture bought in mother fuckers not divas trying to look out for numero uno. Good luck to him it's late in the recruiting season and everyone has already probably taken other takes over him. seems weird, but understandable at some level.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Forcing a kid to stay when he doesn’t want to be there also isn’t a precedent we want to set. 

Xavier Worthy was let out of his LOI with Michigan.  Worked out well for us. 

34 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

no choice, but to let him out. If Texas forces him to come, he is going to be be a pain in the ass and the media will jump on the story about how mean Texas is. 

Okay, I’ve changed my mind. Let him go to FAU. 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Would have been nice if we could wait to release until a DL coach is hired but I guess that's still a few weeks away and not worth the bad blood it would create.

This is completely my thinking. Why not wait until the spring portal season, see if you mesh with the new coach, and if not then leave. At least you can say you tried. Definition of committing to a coach not a school but it is what it is.

The “he didn’t commit to a coach he committed to a school” thing is nonsense. If you’ve built a relationship with your position coach and they leave and the school has yet to fill the vacancy it’s natural to go for your second choice with someone you’re familiar with. Coaches matter. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Bo leaving and possibly drinking our milkshake. No matter how good you're feeling, there's alway someone there to kick you in the nuts. 

We'll have to kick him in the nuts now. The cycle never ends.

Edited by mwaadeeb

7 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

The “he didn’t commit to a coach he committed to a school” thing is nonsense. If you’ve built a relationship with your position coach and they leave and the school has yet to fill the vacancy it’s natural to go for your second choice with someone you’re familiar with. Coaches matter. 

Just sucks he won't give Sark a chance to make a hire.  But if he wants to leave, so be it. 

Your position coach is the coach you’re going to spend the most time with by far. Maybe strength coach is up there too. As a general rule most players don’t want to even interact with the head coach much unless it’s for praise. So yeah I don’t blame him for bouncing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

You can say that, but he is leaving without knowing who would be his DL coach at Texas. Imagine if Texas hires someone like Clint Hurtt or Nielsen.  So it is not the most thought out decision. He is not going to be an early enrollee at this point, so waiting a week or 2 to get all the information might have been a good idea. Not to mention that the odds of him having the same position coach during his college career is a coin flip, especially if he goes to his #2 school (Florida). It is his decision and he will have to live with his choice. It could be a good or bad decision. 

Edited by Codaxx