SEC mega screenshots

Longhornfrenzy

1 hour ago, Sejjr said:

So high school football players are now getting paid more than most Power 5 Head Coaches...Got it. 

Uh, no. They are not. Are there a few that make more than the lowest paid P5 head coaches? Maybe? But I can't think of anyone out there who is even making more than the average HC salary...Bronny James might change that, but it's because of the corporate deals he's likely to get. And he wiil sell shit tons of product simply off his name rather than his status as a college athlete. 

Edited by SquishMitten

So what is being reported here on McKinley is that not only do we possibly lead, but that he isnt giving lsu a serious look and is only placating everyone for a while longer while he still has to live in Louisiana.

that’s a scosh different then the lsu posters thinking they have to land him, and that there’s no way they lose him. 

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So what is being reported here on McKinley is that not only do we possibly lead, but that he isnt giving lsu a serious look and is only placating everyone for a while longer while he still has to live in Louisiana.

that’s a scosh different then the lsu posters thinking they have to land him, and that there’s no way they lose him. 

They're entitled dipshits. Things used to be different when they were paying and playing dirty and schools like Texas weren't when it came to Louisiana recruits. The mom's job is fungible. If they fuck with the family, there are counters to that in much larger, affluent markets. 

So, let's see how it works out for them.

• Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

They're entitled dipshits. Things used to be different when they were paying and playing dirty and schools like Texas weren't when it came to Louisiana recruits. The mom's job is fungible. If they fuck with the family, there are counters to that in much larger, affluent markets. 

So, let's see how it works out for them.

Exactly. I believe McKinley's mother has spent 24 years in education. She can find a higher paying job in Texas in a few minutes. 

• Hook 'Em 3

46 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Exactly. I believe McKinley's mother has spent 24 years in education. She can find a higher paying job in Texas in a few minutes. 

I mean, they'll just take her salary and use it for NIL anyways.  No CR, but I can't imagine a teacher in the boot is paid more than a teacher in the Austin area.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I mean, they'll just take her salary and use it for NIL anyways.  No CR, but I can't imagine a teacher in the boot is paid more than a teacher in the Austin area.

Of course, we must factor in the price difference between a nice house in Austin vs. a reclaimed South Louisiana gator den. 

• Haha 4

Louisiana the state may be broke, but there are plenty of rich individuals that'll boost sports. That's the case for most of the Southeast.
Also I'd be willing to bet that if they funneled hospital funds through a hospital for a guard, they've done worse for like, Ryan Perriloux. My high school basketball coach's Dad was his lawyer when he kept getting in legal trouble and Nathan Fisher wasn't cheap. Nathan would also bring Perriloux to our games for some reason. Dude was swagged out in some pretty nice clothes that I don't think he bought in Reserve. 

This is so true, as while I resided in Lake Charles, early to late ‘2000s, the Raising Canes franchise was just getting their feet on the ground. The ”Ownership Group” heavily influenced the LC crew and helped grow the LSU money bags - just saying.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1

Decision time approaching for 5-star DL Dominick McKinley
Billy Embody

5-star DL Dominick McKinley. (On3)
2024 Acadiana (La.) defensive lineman Dominick McKinley is approaching his decision on Sept. 1, knocking out his decision before his senior season.

The five-star prospect has LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M among the programs heavily in the mix for him. Texas leads the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine over LSU right now, but will that change?

I can see another program landing McKinley. I could see him ending up at Texas. That said, like Shea Dixon reported last week, sources will vary on where they see McKinley landing.

LSU had him on campus for the Bayou Splash, offering his brother and 2026 prospect Darryus McKinley. His family and coaches were with him in Baton Rouge for the visit, which was the most positive visit the Tigers had of the recruitment. McKinley opened up more than he had previously and sources left the visit feeling better.

There’s the reality though that other programs over the spring and into summer built a stronger base with McKinley and his family. Texas is certainly one of those programs as is Ohio State, Oklahoma and Texas A&M.

LSU was playing catch-up here in a sense. Ohio State defensive line coach Larry Johnson, Texas A&M defensive line coach Elijah Robinson, Oklahoma defensive line coach Todd Bates and Texas defensive line coach Bo Davis all have impressive recruiting resumes and are strong relationship builders. The first two are two of the best in the nation right now.

Ohio State carried a large amount of buzz behind the scenes lately, but there was a thought LSU punched back against the Buckeyes with their visit and the staff putting in work behind the scenes.

While I do think Oklahoma has done a good job, I don’t get the sense the Sooners are in that lead group right now.

I do think LSU, Ohio State, Texas and Texas A&M are among that top group battling away. I could see any of these schools winning out.

While there’s been more of a buzz from Ohio State and Texas over the summer, don’t sleep on Texas A&M either. Robinson is one of the best in the country for a reason.

LSU isn’t by any means done with their pitches, which will come over the next two weeks.

There’s an eternity in this recruitment, at this point. There’s lots of time to make a move. I do think it’s critical that LSU gets McKinley now vs. trying to flip him late. With how he’s handled the recruiting process, I don’t get the sense he’s really about keeping it going any longer

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Yuk said:

I greatly underestimated how good it would feel to turn the tables with NIL on the SEC mouth breathers and their bag game.

Seriously. How many Texas recruits did these asswads buy under the table that we could've used?

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

Yes - SEC and the decades of the “bag men” are no comparison to today’s NIL. We’re doing it right/legal and adjustments will definitely need to be made, by the older SEC members.

This is a new era, so buckle up for the ride! That’s why Saint Nick went to DC a couple weeks ago.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

The Mom is a teacher, and it nevers occurs to these jack wagons that maybe the family doesn't want hikm going to a shitty school like LSU?  Hate to say it but they have a lot of aggy in them.
LSU is more aggy than we'd like to believe, but it's true. In spite of recent success, the swamp aggy are aggy.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, cochamps said:

The Mom is a teacher, and it nevers occurs to these jack wagons that maybe the family doesn't want hikm going to a shitty school like LSU?  Hate to say it but they have a lot of aggy in them.

Seriously! I just want to take those idiots by the hand and point them to any list of college rankings that ever existed and say, “if you’ll just peruse these lists, you’ll see why your coaches gave little to no pursuit. They learned education was important to the young man, and they moved on, as that’s one of the things your school does not offer.” I’m pretty sure both McKinley and the coaches are only interacting to placate the locals. They may not know where he’s going, but they know it ain’t LSU. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 8/11/2023 at 10:52 AM, closetojumping said:

I like how the one guy believes that a) LSU offered a high school recruit $5M and b) the recruit still chose Texas. The level of abject stupidity that it takes to get even within range of those concepts is staggering.

Was just coming here to the post this. A lot of similarities between LSU and aggy with the insane numbers suddenly becoming indisputable fact. I thought y'all were better than that, LSU. Not a lot better. But at least a little. Dropping to aggy levels is just sad for any program, even the corndogs 

• Haha 1

Next class I want to see us zero in on this guy from Louisiana (he's already visited a few times).

https://247sports.com/player/jaboree-antoine-46138194/

Then, the 26' class will have McKinley's brother and this monster. 

https://247sports.com/player/jahkeem-stewart-46117379/

Keep taking top Louisiana defense recruits after all the years they came into Texas and got guys.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

Can’t imagine why an academic minded mother would want her son at a reputable university instead of spring break masquerading as remedial daycare. I just don’t get the draw! Guess I’ll drink some more shine and it’ll come to me.

I've got to hand it to you, this is one of the best turn of phrases I've enjoed on this site in quite awhile. Fucking props. 

• Hook 'Em 5

20 hours ago, Scholz said:

Can’t imagine why an academic minded mother would want her son at a reputable university instead of spring break masquerading as remedial daycare. I just don’t get the draw! Guess I’ll drink some more shine and it’ll come to me.

A week off for Spring Break AND a week for Marie Gras is a very real thing at LSU. The culture lends students to drink themselves to death. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

IMG_0166.thumb.jpeg.4e10319dacd5df98f8a3c13d0e9553e1.jpeg

There may be no better symbol of American higher education's wasteful indulgence than Louisiana State University's lazy river. Part of a recently opened $85 million recreation center, the lazy river is where students ride inflatable tubes on a water current in the shape of the school's initials.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1