Conroe ISD child “traumatized” by poster of kids of different races holding hands and…

Pancho

4 hours ago, Macanudo said:

https://newrepublic.com/post/174950/christianity-today-editor-evangelicals-call-jesus-liberal-weak

Not the exact article I read the other day but it covers the gist....

Maybe you were thinking of the Newsweek article.

https://www.newsweek.com/evangelicals-rejecting-jesus-teachings-liberal-talking-points-pastor-1818706

On 8/10/2023 at 1:49 PM, Brisketexan said:

Probably true.

When you're raised to be a racist POS by racist POS parents, seeing a white hand touching a black hand surely is traumatizing.

Should had the poster be a white hand holding a whip, slashing at the black hand.  Coulda called the poster "Helpful Job Training circa 1850."

Juxtaposed to a situation with me last weekend.   Have a neighbor that moved in last year to the house where our back fences meet.  Finally actually met him last weekend and we helped each other cut down a tree limb that was breaking both of our fences.   

He moved here from LA.   One of the things he mentioned is the “newsy” stereotypes of TX.    Then he mentioned how in the first months here he saw how many mixed families there were.  Black/white.   Black/Hispanic.   Asian/white.   Asian/black. Etc.  

Said it’s sad how some stigmas are just treated as gospel when the realities aren’t such.  That he’d never seen, in 20 years living in LA, the percentage of interracial couples as he’s see. In 1 year in TX.   

anecdotal of course, but I know that doesn’t matter for shit here a lot of the time.   

11 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Juxtaposed to a situation with me last weekend.   Have a neighbor that moved in last year to the house where our back fences meet.  Finally actually met him last weekend and we helped each other cut down a tree limb that was breaking both of our fences.   

He moved here from LA.   One of the things he mentioned is the “newsy” stereotypes of TX.    Then he mentioned how in the first months here he saw how many mixed families there were.  Black/white.   Black/Hispanic.   Asian/white.   Asian/black. Etc.  

Said it’s sad how some stigmas are just treated as gospel when the realities aren’t such.  That he’d never seen, in 20 years living in LA, the percentage of interracial couples as he’s see. In 1 year in TX.   

anecdotal of course, but I know that doesn’t matter for shit here a lot of the time.   

I'm gonna suggest to you that how interracial we are, and how many openly interracial couples we have, is precisely WHY we have a loud and insane racist movement.  All those times those good, Christian white folks have to go to the Wal-Mart, and the Raising Canes, and Academy for a new folding chair, and they see some pretty, nice white girl defiling herself and her Christian purity with a colored boy, or they hear the family at the next table talking in that dirty spanish (TALK AMERICAN!), it makes the rage simmer until it boils over. 

Well, they aren't faced with such evil when they live in AllWhite-istan.  So, they don't get mad, because all is right in the world.  Every couple at Raising Canes is white, and ain't nobody talking nuthin' but good English.  Whew.  Calms the nerves just typing about that utopia.

Texas has a problem with insane, angry white people precisely BECAUSE we have so many minorities, and mixed race couples, friend groups, etc.  That shit just ain't right, and lord, does it piss them off.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

FIF accurate consumer advice.

Any place that advertises "Christian-owned business" might as well say "we'll fucking defraud you blind."

61857377_2180926118695422_25763593596887

Yep. First heard it codified more than 15 years ago when a small Baylor-like university I taught at decided the faculty didn't sit down and eat together enough, so Friday lunch at the cafeteria became "2 Dollar Fried Chicken Lunch for Faculty" and you best believe I was down there meeting my ass off.

One Friday I was at a long table with other language professors and this one dude I didn't know. Well, I was getting paid fried chicken to meet him, so I did. He was head of whatever they called the school's legal department. He and I had a few things in common, had both been MPs in the Army, both had a lizard-like view of human culture. Somehow it moved on to Jesus-Fish. He said he had dealt with innocent and guilty of all religions, but when their testimony began with "I'm a Christian," bam, might as well skip the trial and convict them. Then he said the Jesus-Fish warning that Briskit and I more or less quoted.

I cackled, because I expect low-lifes to act like low-lifes, but the other profs were shaking their heads in distress, the one next to me moaning "Nooo.... nooo..." as if his statement were causing it to happen. He and I were jackasses for thinking it was happening. Probably so. And the rest of that table probably goes to Jesus-Fish businesses as a testimony to their faith.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm gonna suggest to you that how interracial we are, and how many openly interracial couples we have, is precisely WHY we have a loud and insane racist movement.  All those times those good, Christian white folks have to go to the Wal-Mart, and the Raising Canes, and Academy for a new folding chair, and they see some pretty, nice white girl defiling herself and her Christian purity with a colored boy, or they hear the family at the next table talking in that dirty spanish (TALK AMERICAN!), it makes the rage simmer until it boils over. 

Well, they aren't faced with such evil when they live in AllWhite-istan.  So, they don't get mad, because all is right in the world.  Every couple at Raising Canes is white, and ain't nobody talking nuthin' but good English.  Whew.  Calms the nerves just typing about that utopia.

Texas has a problem with insane, angry white people precisely BECAUSE we have so many minorities, and mixed race couples, friend groups, etc.  That shit just ain't right, and lord, does it piss them off.

You sound like you’ve got a lot of hate and anger pent up too.

1 hour ago, Samson's Wig said:

However, the "no true Scotsman" bullshit that comes from many Christians

So you get to use the representativeness heuristic to throw all the Christians under the bus with the bigots? You said "many" but you pretty much included all in your statements prior. You weaken your arguments when you use hyperbole.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean.....yeah.  Racism really fucking pisses me off. 

Guilty as charged.

It really pisses me off too.  But it’s a lot like coding in 1’s and 0’s.  It either is or isn’t, and some of the shit some people say is just as racist as others….but it’s cool because “whitey”.    No defense of racist whitey.   But fuck, man…sir…counselor.   It’s as bad or worse in the fucking cornucopia of Ivy League knowledge as anywhere in TX, and in the bastion of technology as well.   Jesus Christ man, the fucking Russia/Ukraine situation should be an eye opener for some folks…. But lo. 

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Counterpoint: it's only the lesser goblin underling racists who want to live in AllWhite-istan. The upper racist Uruk-Hai, Nazgul, and Balrogs were quite comfortable gazing out across the plantation. I warrant that Jeff Davis could come back and have a marvelous visit to your local Walmart, except for the unseemly behavior of the folks behind him in the checkout line as he engaged in the minimum amount of friendly repartee with the comely cashier, Sir.

• Drool 1

30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Looks like you’re painting white Christians with broad brush strokes. There are shitty white people and good white people.

11 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Looks like you’re painting white Christians with broad brush strokes. There are shitty white people and good white people.

"Oh...I didn't mean YOU, Billy Pilgrim....you're one of the GOOD ones."  Ever heard phrasing like that?  I sure as shit have, 'cept it hasn't ever been in reference to a white person.

And of course, nowhere in my post did I say that ALL white people feel that way (I specifically referred to a loud and insane racist movement....not "all white people").  But pretty close to all people who DO feel that way are "white Christians."  Venn diagrams, how do they work?

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

I mean, unless you're talking about a library book that happens to have a gay character in it.  In THAT case, we ain't gonna tolerate that bullshit, and we'll threaten the lives of every school board member until it's removed.

A friend teaches at Bridge Point off 360 and a few years ago a family went ballistic on the school because there was a single reference in a book where a character said something like “I will ask my dads.” Nothing else in the book other than that one “s”. Totally snowflakes.

45 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

A friend teaches at Bridge Point off 360 and a few years ago a family went ballistic on the school because there was a single reference in a book where a character said something like “I will ask my dads.” Nothing else in the book other than that one “s”. Totally snowflakes.

I disagree. They were alert, and vigilant. Just one little letter "s" too many? Same letter as in "SATAN?"

Just so its out there, here is the Trustee in question:
287668513_1281529009346052_257520173126669183_n-660x400.jpeg
dungan-family-banner2.jpeg
https://hellowoodlands.com/melissa-dungan-conroe-isd-board-of-trustees-candidate/

1. Share about yourself and your background.
I am first and foremost a Christian. My faith guides every aspect of my life including my roles as wife and mother – and will also influence my decisions as a school board trustee. I am an Oil and Gas Compliance Manager and have spent the last 17 years overseeing multi-million dollar environmental projects. These roles have equipped me to successfully manage the Conroe ISD budget and resolve fiscal issues. Being married to a former Conroe ISD assistant principal and coach, I have a very good understanding of our district, our leadership, and the areas for improvement. My eyes were further opened to the various concerns across our district when I served on the CISD ESSER III Task Force in 2021.
2. What motivates you to run for the Conroe ISD Board of Trustees?
The current lack of transparency and leadership on the CISD board is a huge motivator for me. Our students, teachers, and staff deserve board members who are willing to fight for what is right, especially when it comes to the well-being of our students. I want to restore parents’ rights in education and ensure CISD is a safe learning environment that reflects the wholesome values of our community.
3. What are 5 things that you want voters to know about you (personal, points, views, experience, etc.)?
I am passionate about education. In addition to marrying an educator, my family is primarily comprised of educators, including my mother. I have been surrounded by educators my entire life and have a deep appreciation and respect for the work that goes into training the leaders of tomorrow. Our public education system has taken a dangerous turn over the past two decades. I will work tirelessly to refocus Conroe ISD so students come first, our teachers are supported, and our campuses are safe again.
4. If elected, what would your top 3 priorities be?
My first priority is student performance and safety. Students need a safe learning environment with rigorous curriculum focused on the core subjects. I also want to ensure our students with special needs and learning disabilities have the resources they need to be successful in the classroom. Second, I will focus on teacher retention. Our teachers are walking away in shocking numbers – something has to change. My third priority is the CISD budget and spend profile. As a board member, we have a duty to listen to our constituents and be fiscally responsible.
5. Would you like to share any other words or message?
It is crucial for our Conroe ISD community to vote for their values this election and stand up for our children. Our children deserve a quality education with rich learning opportunities – not educational distractions like CRT.

https://www.melissadunganforconroeisd.com/
And here is her linkedin:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/melissa-gregory-dungan-0731bb30/
And facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/melissa.gregory.359

Holy shit, she's a racist and works in O&G. Fatty gonna cum in his pants if someone unearths a tweet or fb post demeaning poor people.
  • Drool 1

27 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

And facebook:

Holy shit, she's a racist and works in O&G. Fatty gonna cum in his pants if someone unearths a tweet or fb post demeaning poor people.

I keep rereading the “list five things about you” section and don’t see five things listed unless you really squint at the different ways she remarks about having educators in her family. 

3 hours ago, Newdoc said:

So you get to use the representativeness heuristic to throw all the Christians under the bus with the bigots? You said "many" but you pretty much included all in your statements prior. You weaken your arguments when you use hyperbole.

Respectfully, read more closely.  You weaken your arguments through poor comprehension.  The failings of Christianity only sound like hyperbole to someone with their head in the sand, and that blindness is a cancer in this country.

Less respectfully, go clean up your own house.  It's where the bad shit is happening. 

Edited by Samson's Wig
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

While I struggle to believe that a school would make concessions to racist parents, it is Montgomery County.

Not surprised this was in Montgomery County. Not in the least. And all of this pabulum in this twat's Q&A is straight out of the script written by the same right-wing group out of Fort Worth that has thrown cash at these freaks and railroaded her ilk into school board positions all over the mid-cities.

SOUTHLAKE

33 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

Not surprised this was in Montgomery County. Not in the least. And all of this pabulum in this twat's Q&A is straight out of the script written by the same right-wing group out of Fort Worth that has thrown cash at these freaks and railroaded her ilk into school board positions all over the mid-cities.

SOUTHLAKE

What is the name of the group out of Fort Worth? 

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

FIF accurate consumer advice.

Any place that advertises "Christian-owned business" might as well say "we'll fucking defraud you blind."

61857377_2180926118695422_25763593596887

It’s a nice quip to the folks that advertise their faith, but it bothers me in that there’s an implication that you can spot a Christian by their honesty and integrity. 

It’s a nice quip to the folks that advertise their faith, but it bothers me in that there’s an implication that you can spot a Christian by their honesty and integrity. 

Well, if you’re actually practicing it and living it, it’s true.

So…yeah…pretty much N/A in these United States.

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, if you’re actually practicing it and living it, it’s true.

So…yeah…pretty much N/A in these United States.

I go to Christian brothers automotive exclusively and feel they are fair and honest and do great work. And supporting a Christian business, it’s a win/win.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:

And facebook:

@  how does it work?

7 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Was he big burly biker and was he crying?

13 hours ago, South Austin said:

Maybe.  But seems like the libtard media like CNN would want to shine a little light on something like this.  They've been all over shit like Florida's educational efforts to talk about all the great things that came out of slavery for the black folk.  You'd think a story about students (and their parents, of course) being traumatized by a picture depicting the "little black boys and girls holding hands with little white boys and girls."  

Yeah, and while that snippet from the Florida curriculum is bad, it is somewhat overblown.

This is damn near worse.

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

And it's why the bigger cities, where that mostly occurs, are predominantly sane, and the [try that in a] small towns, where they don't see that, are insane.  And then you have some exurbs surrounding big cities, where the "twain meet," and it gets pretty insane, too.

• Like 1