Conroe ISD child “traumatized” by poster of kids of different races holding hands and…

Pancho

Just now, South Austin said:

Maybe it's just me, but this seems so fucked up I'm wondering why it's not on national blast.  I'm just seeing local news reports. 

Because the Overton Window on acceptable human conduct has been shifted so far that anything short of skinning a baby and wearing its skin as a suit doesn't move the needle.

I mean, unless you're talking about a library book that happens to have a gay character in it.  In THAT case, we ain't gonna tolerate that bullshit, and we'll threaten the lives of every school board member until it's removed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

What's needed is public shaming and scorn of her hate, ignorance and intentional idiocy.

But everyone is so insecure in their ideology and misinformation that they stick to their isolated enclave, shrieking and twirling like lunatics when they catch the barest glimpse of anything outside their homogeneous bubble.

Also fuck this lady for saying "I'm a Christian" first and foremost. I don't even follow the Jesus but even I know the first fucking lesson is "love" ... right?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Well the mom looks exactly like all the busy-body, stay at home women on the street behind me that were pushing that OneFamily bullshit extremely hard for RRISD.  They hide behind being a Christian while failing to appreciate the Bible explicitly warns against the exact behavior they exhibit.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Because the Overton Window on acceptable human conduct has been shifted so far that anything short of skinning a baby and wearing its skin as a suit doesn't move the needle.

I mean, unless you're talking about a library book that happens to have a gay character in it.  In THAT case, we ain't gonna tolerate that bullshit, and we'll threaten the lives of every school board member until it's removed.

Maybe.  But seems like the libtard media like CNN would want to shine a little light on something like this.  They've been all over shit like Florida's educational efforts to talk about all the great things that came out of slavery for the black folk.  You'd think a story about students (and their parents, of course) being traumatized by a picture depicting the "little black boys and girls holding hands with little white boys and girls."  

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

Well the mom looks exactly like all the busy-body, stay at home women on the street behind me that were pushing that OneFamily bullshit extremely hard for RRISD.  They hide behind being a Christian while failing to appreciate the Bible explicitly warns against the exact behavior they exhibit.  

I mean, we live in a world where evangelical "Christians" of that stripe are openly berating their pastors when they preach...the actual words of Jesus Christ....because that Jesus stuff is weak commie pussy bullshit.  Seriously.  No hyperbole.  That's a thing that is happening now with regularity.  "Christians"....getting pissed off that a pastor reads the words of....Christ.

• Rage+1 3

41 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Come now. No harm at all. It's not like that kid knows how to read.

Nor, I'm quite certain, do his parents.

The functional illiteracy of large swaths of this country continues to increase and correspond in lockstep with ignorance, intolerance, hate, bigotry, vapid reality TV, cruise ships, etc. ad infinitum.

3 minutes ago, Homercles said:

image.thumb.jpeg.0dc305d586f47ff22a073fd029fce3f2.jpeg

Exactly. They keep fucking with the Jesus, they're gonna find out.

• Like 1

I mean, we live in a world where evangelical "Christians" of that stripe are openly berating their pastors when they preach...the actual words of Jesus Christ....because that Jesus stuff is weak commie pussy bullshit.  Seriously.  No hyperbole.  That's a thing that is happening now with regularity.  "Christians"....getting pissed off that a pastor reads the words of....Christ.

These pieces of shit ARE Christians. This kind of thinking has become accepted and like you said is out in the open.

I’m starting to feel the same way about Christians as I do the police, the “good ones” are complicit because their organizations allow this hatred in their religion. Just like the good cops that look the other way to the dirty pigs.

I wouldn’t be disappointed if that ugly, hateful cunt caught a folding chair to the face.
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

These pieces of shit ARE Christians. This kind of thinking has become accepted and like you said is out in the open.

I’m starting to feel the same way about Christians as I do the police, the “good ones” are complicit because their organizations allow this hatred in their religion. Just like the good cops that look the other way to the dirty pigs.

I wouldn’t be disappointed if that ugly, hateful cunt caught a folding chair to the face.

https://newrepublic.com/post/174950/christianity-today-editor-evangelicals-call-jesus-liberal-weak

Not the exact article I read the other day but it covers the gist....

The editor in chief of Christianity Today is warning that evangelical Christianity is moving too far to the right, to the point that even Jesus’s teachings are considered “weak” now.

Russell Moore resigned from the Southern Baptist Convention in 2021, after years of being at odds with other evangelical leaders. Specifically, Moore openly criticized Donald Trump, whom many evangelical Christians embraced. Moore also criticized the Southern Baptist Convention’s response to a sexual abuse crisis and increasing tolerance for white nationalism in the community.

Now he thinks his religion is in crisis.

Moore told NPR in an interview released Tuesday that multiple pastors had told him they would quote the Sermon on the Mount, specifically the part that says to “turn the other cheek,” when preaching. Someone would come up after the service and ask, “Where did you get those liberal talking points?”

“What was alarming to me is that in most of these scenarios, when the pastor would say, ‘I’m literally quoting Jesus Christ,’ the response would not be, ‘I apologize.’ The response would be, ‘Yes, but that doesn’t work anymore. That’s weak,’” Moore said. “When we get to the point where the teachings of Jesus himself are seen as subversive to us, then we’re in a crisis.”

Moore said he thinks a large part of the issue is how divisive U.S. politics are, which is now spilling over into the church. He pointed to how a lot of issues are “packaged in terms of existential threat,” leading to the belief among everyone, not just evangelical Christians, that “desperate times call for desperate measures.”

It makes sense, then, that evangelical Christians would embrace Trump, who portrayed himself as the answer to many of those supposed existential threats. Trump both campaigned and governed on a largely evangelical Christian platform. He moved the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem; he cracked down on immigration from majority-Muslim countries; and he appointed multiple conservative judges, including to the Supreme Court, which has swung sharply right.

He made good on his anti-abortion promises when the high court removed the nationwide right to the procedure in June. Many LGBTQ protections were rolled back under his watch, and during the June 2020 protests over George Floyd’s murder by police, he tear-gassed demonstrators so he could take a heavily posed picture with a Bible in front of St. John’s Church near the White House.

And as Trump swings ever further right, it makes sense that people who believe he will solve their problems will follow blindly.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 5

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Not true.  They could get out and maybe go to college and realize their parents are pieces of shit.  Not super likely, but seems unfair to presume they won't be able to learn.

Yeah, plenty of kids escape racist homes.  They will see minorities in sports, entertainment, politics, etc. that are doing things that will cast doubt on their parents’ teaching.  

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

i mean, unless you're talking about a library book that happens to have a gay character in it.  In THAT case, we ain't gonna tolerate that bullshit, and we'll threaten the lives of every school board member until it's removed.

Montgomery County has already made the news for its libraries and their attitudes towards books of a certain slant.

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

Like they read the Bible. 

14 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

My racist sister and her Kid Rock wannabe husband moved to Conroe. Place must have a bigot beacon.

[apology in advance to any Decent Folk from Conroe]

I only rolled through Conroe a couple of times, but it made an impression on me as Redneck Heaven

When I mentioned this to a bartender in College Station, I was met with disbelief. "Lots of money in Conroe."

Because there aren't any rich rednecks.

The Patron Saint of Conroe is a leatherneck fry-blond ashtray-voice woman giving come-hither eye to a guy in flip-flops while she snaps bikini-bottom out of her butt-crack.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Foosters said:

Poe's kids go to Conroe ISD?

They do. I think the story is made up. They have tried to make my children call white people “peach,” but it’s not catching on. 

22 hours ago, Foosters said:

Edited by Poe It Up
Double.
  • Fuck You 2

[apology in advance to any Decent Folk from Conroe]
I only rolled through Conroe a couple of times, but it made an impression on me as Redneck Heaven
When I mentioned this to a bartender in College Station, I was met with disbelief. "Lots of money in Conroe."
Because there aren't any rich rednecks.
The Patron Saint of Conroe is a leatherneck fry-blond ashtray-voice woman giving come-hither eye to a guy in flip-flops while she snaps bikini-bottom out of her butt-crack.

Go on….
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

We moved to CISD( Oak Ridge North) from Lake Charles.

It was a cultural improvement on almost every level.  the Cajun food was purdy fuckin good.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Like they read the Bible. 

Narrator: They don't. 

When Jesus is asked, “What is the greatest commandment?” He doesn’t hesitate to answer, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. And love your neighbor as yourself” Mark 12:30-31.

The "christians" some of you reference think that bejeweled crosses on a canvas hat and some Jesusy stickers are all you need to be a faithful follower. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

When we were kids wasn’t there a crayon called “flesh” in those big boxes of 64?  

Changed it in 1962. They also retired a bunch of colors in the 90s

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Crayola_crayons#:~:text=Same color as "Brown" (1903–1935).&text=Same color as "Flesh" (," (1962–present).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Macanudo said:

He pointed to how a lot of issues are “packaged in terms of existential threat,” leading to the belief among everyone, not just evangelical Christians, that “desperate times call for desperate measures.”

This is at the heart of what is wrong with public discourse these days, and yes it's people of all stripes.   It's manipulative nonsense and everyone, myself included, falls for it all the time.  Fuck politics, religion, and designated hitters.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I was a kid in the 80s. Must have come across one in someone’s old collection. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Macanudo said:

https://newrepublic.com/post/174950/christianity-today-editor-evangelicals-call-jesus-liberal-weak

Not the exact article I read the other day but it covers the gist....

The editor in chief of Christianity Today is warning that evangelical Christianity is moving too far to the right, to the point that even Jesus’s teachings are considered “weak” now.

Russell Moore resigned from the Southern Baptist Convention in 2021, after years of being at odds with other evangelical leaders. Specifically, Moore openly criticized Donald Trump, whom many evangelical Christians embraced. Moore also criticized the Southern Baptist Convention’s response to a sexual abuse crisis and increasing tolerance for white nationalism in the community.

Now he thinks his religion is in crisis.

Moore told NPR in an interview released Tuesday that multiple pastors had told him they would quote the Sermon on the Mount, specifically the part that says to “turn the other cheek,” when preaching. Someone would come up after the service and ask, “Where did you get those liberal talking points?”

“What was alarming to me is that in most of these scenarios, when the pastor would say, ‘I’m literally quoting Jesus Christ,’ the response would not be, ‘I apologize.’ The response would be, ‘Yes, but that doesn’t work anymore. That’s weak,’” Moore said. “When we get to the point where the teachings of Jesus himself are seen as subversive to us, then we’re in a crisis.”

Moore said he thinks a large part of the issue is how divisive U.S. politics are, which is now spilling over into the church. He pointed to how a lot of issues are “packaged in terms of existential threat,” leading to the belief among everyone, not just evangelical Christians, that “desperate times call for desperate measures.”

It makes sense, then, that evangelical Christians would embrace Trump, who portrayed himself as the answer to many of those supposed existential threats. Trump both campaigned and governed on a largely evangelical Christian platform. He moved the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem; he cracked down on immigration from majority-Muslim countries; and he appointed multiple conservative judges, including to the Supreme Court, which has swung sharply right.

He made good on his anti-abortion promises when the high court removed the nationwide right to the procedure in June. Many LGBTQ protections were rolled back under his watch, and during the June 2020 protests over George Floyd’s murder by police, he tear-gassed demonstrators so he could take a heavily posed picture with a Bible in front of St. John’s Church near the White House.

And as Trump swings ever further right, it makes sense that people who believe he will solve their problems will follow blindly.

jesus sent trump to test evangelicals and they're failing. hell, they're about ditch him and god for not being 'maga' enough to be worshipped

Love This GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Narrator: They don't. 

When Jesus is asked, “What is the greatest commandment?” He doesn’t hesitate to answer, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. And love your neighbor as yourself” Mark 12:30-31.

The "christians" some of you reference think that bejeweled crosses on a canvas hat and some Jesusy stickers are all you need to be a faithful follower. 

Of course they don't read the Bible. Even Baptists, who pride themselves on Bible study, merely twist that shit into whatever they need it to be.  This is nothing new, it's what Christianity has always been, whether it's priests, pastors, or assholes in the flock manipulating people through fear of the boogieman.   However, the "no true Scotsman" bullshit that comes from many Christians (including many Southern Baptists) is almost as bad as the openly bigoted assholes in the club.  It pisses me off more, in fact, as at least the bigots openly out themselves. And we all know hypocrisy is the worst part, not the racism and child abuse.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Of course they don't read the Bible. Even Baptists, who pride themselves on Bible study, merely twist that shit into whatever they need it to be.  This is nothing new, it's what Christianity has always been, whether it's priests, pastors, or assholes in the flock manipulating people through fear of the boogieman.   However, the "no true Scotsman" bullshit that comes from many Christians (including many Southern Baptists) is almost as bad as the openly bigoted assholes in the club.  It pisses me off more, in fact, as at least the bigots openly out themselves. And we all know hypocrisy is the worst part, not the racism and child abuse.

Pretty sure the racism and child abuse is still worse than hypocrisy. But maybe that's just me.

britney-britney-spears.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

no way that guy and those kids can read at their grade level. no way 

21 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

11 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

I was a kid in the 80s. Must have come across one in someone’s old collection. 

Recalling my 1970s crayon box calling the tan crayon "high yella."  Then again, I bought my crayons in the south, so.....