Conroe ISD child “traumatized” by poster of kids of different races holding hands and…

Pancho

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

…had to switch classrooms. 

Marc Lamont Hill Wtf GIF by Identity

From the article:

When asked if bible verses were also in violation of existing policy and should be removed, Dungan struggled to respond.

"Right? Would you agree?" trustee Datren Williams asked Dungan.

"I don't know," Dungan replied.

• Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

From the article:

Someone doesn't "Curse of Ham," do they?  See, the colored folks are that way cuz they are cursed, so says the Bible.  So, natchrally, it's offensive to show them touching pure white folks, who are blessed by the lord.

"different colored children"

That phrase in and of itself is fucked up.

Would love to know which campus this was.  People are deadset on disruption, not finding solutions.  I'm sick of it.

I heard something yesterday that I was not counting on hearing that is in this vein. A black child, no more than 6-7 years old, was on the train with their mother leaving the beach. We get off to switch trains and the white train operator is taking the 2 or so minutes they normally take before continuing down this line. The child, out of nowhere, says “He’s taking too long. I’m gonna punch that white man in the throat.” The child repeated this another couple of times before the mom said why he was taking so long. That kid is hearing that at home and the child is having those thoughts reinforced with a parent not even bothering to say a thing when their child says that. 

I know this thread is about a white child, but man I could not believe a young child was saying something an adult has obviously normalized to them. We do such a poor job as a species nurturing the most precious gift we are given. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

1 minute ago, Kennythetiger said:

Um. How else would you describe them?  

virtually every kid is a different color.

What fucking difference does it make?

What the shithead trustee in question should have specified is that the children were of different races or ethnicities; and I repeat, "What fucking difference does it make?"

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

What the shithead trustee in question should have specified is that the children were of different races or ethnicities; and I repeat, "What fucking difference does it make?"

Slorch, I think it makes a big difference. It sounds like the shitheel kid didn’t like a poster of different-colored children holding hands, and the shithead trustee wants it removed. Pretty hard to describe the situation without noting that the children on the poster are different races, isn’t it?  

Just now, Kennythetiger said:

Slorch, I think it makes a big difference. It sounds like the shitheel kid didn’t like a poster of different-colored children holding hands, and the shithead trustee wants it removed. Pretty hard to describe the situation without noting that the children on the poster are different races, isn’t it?  

I was just calling the terminology into question, which, IMHO is just a further symptom of their hate.

Everybody is a different 'color,' even if every kid on the poster was 'white.'

Couple thoughts:

1) I.... am 95% certain of what I would find but I would still like to see the poster. To be clear, I'm 95% sure it is something just like this. 

the-worlds-children-in-a-circle-white-ba

maybe it takes a step further into harmful political ideology by including a message like this

image.png.8710371491c61841f2755dd25f2015d0.png

but you know it's something just like that. I'd like to see it.

2) "yeah but you know what they mean" <- some version of this is going through these piece of shit parents' heads. Sure, it's just some racially diverse children holding hands - we have no problem with that and of course that is fine. But the suggestion, which is implicit, is that black lives matter. And you know it. And it makes me sick.

3) Really want to know if this is Conroe trash or Woodlands trash. And what church they go to.

4) the proper response would be for a welfare check at the house. this is probably triggering for our closet DT racists but honestly 

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, slorch said:

Those racist fucks thought different color sounded less racist than saying blacks and browns

Edited by Zepol87
  • Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

This is the quote that ought be on the wall in classrooms in our country:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all people are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”

Pictures of different children, holding hands, under this quote, would reinforce one of our most basic principles. 

I'm pretty sure that America's founders only considered straight white male protestants to be people

1 minute ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I'm pretty sure that America's founders only considered straight white male protestants to be people

they got a bunch of shit wrong and people who act like it's unamerican to understand that are incredibly dull

(btw that's not an accusation at you)

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Did you time travel here from 2015?

Assholes have always used religion and politics as a sword to oppress people. But now they’re using them as a shield, alleging in court and administrative forums that the government is discriminating against assholes. We’re on a path to recognizing assholes as a protected class. 

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm going to assume Slorch isn't using his post to disguise an "All Lives Matter" opinion.

Cheap shot brother, nor do I feel that way.  I guess I apologize that you thought I might.

Edited by slorch

God, can ya'll imagine what would happen if kids start to grow up thinking that people of different races can be kind and welcoming to each other? That trustee might just be Texas' Citizen of the Year for helping us steer clear of that disaster! 

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

Just so its out there, here is the Trustee in question:

Melissa Dungan

Melissa photo

https://hellowoodlands.com/melissa-dungan-conroe-isd-board-of-trustees-candidate/

1. Share about yourself and your background.

I am first and foremost a Christian. My faith guides every aspect of my life including my roles as wife and mother – and will also influence my decisions as a school board trustee. I am an Oil and Gas Compliance Manager and have spent the last 17 years overseeing multi-million dollar environmental projects. These roles have equipped me to successfully manage the Conroe ISD budget and resolve fiscal issues. Being married to a former Conroe ISD assistant principal and coach, I have a very good understanding of our district, our leadership, and the areas for improvement. My eyes were further opened to the various concerns across our district when I served on the CISD ESSER III Task Force in 2021.

2. What motivates you to run for the Conroe ISD Board of Trustees?

The current lack of transparency and leadership on the CISD board is a huge motivator for me. Our students, teachers, and staff deserve board members who are willing to fight for what is right, especially when it comes to the well-being of our students. I want to restore parents’ rights in education and ensure CISD is a safe learning environment that reflects the wholesome values of our community.

3. What are 5 things that you want voters to know about you (personal, points, views, experience, etc.)?

I am passionate about education. In addition to marrying an educator, my family is primarily comprised of educators, including my mother. I have been surrounded by educators my entire life and have a deep appreciation and respect for the work that goes into training the leaders of tomorrow. Our public education system has taken a dangerous turn over the past two decades. I will work tirelessly to refocus Conroe ISD so students come first, our teachers are supported, and our campuses are safe again.

4. If elected, what would your top 3 priorities be?

My first priority is student performance and safety. Students need a safe learning environment with rigorous curriculum focused on the core subjects. I also want to ensure our students with special needs and learning disabilities have the resources they need to be successful in the classroom. Second, I will focus on teacher retention. Our teachers are walking away in shocking numbers – something has to change. My third priority is the CISD budget and spend profile. As a board member, we have a duty to listen to our constituents and be fiscally responsible.

5. Would you like to share any other words or message?

It is crucial for our Conroe ISD community to vote for their values this election and stand up for our children. Our children deserve a quality education with rich learning opportunities – not educational distractions like CRT.

https://www.melissadunganforconroeisd.com/

And here is her linkedin:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/melissa-gregory-dungan-0731bb30/

And facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/melissa.gregory.359

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

This is where I am at. While the founders were obviously hypocritical clownfrauds, it does not mean that we can’t take these words and apply them to the fullest extent in America in 2023. 

Yep, should put it up in all schools and see if anybody wants to challenge it.

2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

There’s a worrisome trend in this country of assholes justifying their asshole behavior as “political views” or “religious beliefs.”

Yep. remember when it was ok to disagree with one another, varying viewpoints were welcomed or at the very least tolerated, and our differences were celebrated rather than shushed and brushed under a rug? 

I member that. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

From the article:

When pressed to share one of those examples, Dungan referred to a first grade student whose parent claimed they were so upset by a poster showing hands of people of different races, that they transferred classrooms.

"Just so I understand, you are seriously suggesting that you find objectionable, a poster indicating that all are included," Stacey Chase, another trustee, said.

Dungan wouldn't say whether she found that poster objectionable, just that she wants to avoid "situations like that" by having the board adopt stricter standards and adhere to state policies already in place, prohibiting teachers from displaying political items not relevant to curriculum.

Notable that the article's wording leaves open whether it was the child or the parent that was so upset.  Good to see there are some non-regards on the school board.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Not surprised in the least since I have had to live amongst these cunts the last four years. 

Oof. Sorry you have to live in Conroe, man. I spent high school there and got TFO as quickly as possible & never looked back. Left for the 40 & lived in Austin since. /csb

• Like 1