Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

3 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

Remember, this is a Steel Shank thread. He doesn’t ask for approval, and neither should you. 

Bunch of fuckin Mary Sue's in here. "Ooh that looks too oily for me. How could you put that much beef fat and butter and olive oil in something?"

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 12:24 PM, threesheets said:

Childhood nostalgia got the best of me the other day and I bought a box of those Owen's mini sausage biscuits for my kids to eat on the way to school.  It's not looking like they're gonna end up getting any.

20201016-121948.jpg

I have these with a dousing of Valentina black label hot sauce at least once a week.  Friggin’ awesome.

• Like 1

I found a pretty good meatloaf recipe after eating running meatloafs for most of my life: 

- 1 pound grass fed found beef 

- Half quart of Luby’s cornbread stuffing

- 1 large egg

- Half packet of HEB Meatloaf seasoning 

Season the beef with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. 

Beat the egg in large mixing bowl. Add beef and stuffing. Stir like a SOB. 

Add contents to a large muffin pan. Smooth the meatloaf so it’s even and flat. 

Bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Rest for 10 minutes. Enjoy. 

On 10/18/2020 at 8:53 PM, NateHitch said:

Hey to each their own but if I'm making a chili dog with onions and japs I'm using a bun toasted with butter and garlic powder. Good luck replicating a proper chili dog using a tortilla

challenge accepted.

Spoiler

spacer.png

topped with 'crispy jalapeños' found in the heb produce section.  chili (game day food) was more watery than my usual.

spacer.png

now I need a glass of milk.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

Where do you find the beef at?

If you’re asking about my Chinet plating... prime rib / beans were from Coopers and what my group left for me in the fridge.  Our trips didn’t overlap.    Brisket scraps were vac sealed leftovers I had in the freezer from a Labor Day smoke.

6 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

My second attempt at ribs. Posting here because no smoke ring ergo it doesn't qualify for other threads. But I came our pretty goodc7b3e43920dcceddcbbf206abd9a6194.jpg49902b8d28897da35aaf86fc1dd7f636.jpg

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

How’d they taste? Smoke ring doesn’t always equal great flavor.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

How’d they taste? Smoke ring doesn’t always equal great flavor.  

Pretty good. give them about 8 out of ten. Much better than like a chain restaurant,  but I wish  i had time to let them smoke for another 45 minutes to an hour. I think I took them off to early, because certain people were hangry. 

Did two racks. Glazed them both in the oven on broil for 5 minutes. One with stubbs original. One with the spice version.  Couldn't really tell the difference between them. Would like to start learning how to make my own BBQ sauce.

• Hook 'Em 1

That gravy, and the CFS, looks good, jameslaw; I'd go back for seconds.  Brief aside: Am I in the minority in liking my gravy heavily peppered? I find the creaminess and richness of a well-made CFS or CFC with cream gravy needs some heat from pepper (and occasionally a hot sauce like Valentina's) to provide balance.  Thoughts?

#TeamPepper. Instead of dealing with a fuckton of pepper packets, I asked the waitress if she could just bring me one of those salad dressing cups about half full. She did.  I tipped well.  

0bb10ccb366c77cbbd0c0e991f61ba65.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

#TeamPepper. Instead of dealing with a fuckton of pepper packets, I asked the waitress if she could just bring me one of those salad dressing cups about half full. She did.  I tipped well.  

That can't be good for your insides.

So fits right in on this thread ig.

24 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That can't be good for your insides.

So fits right in on this thread ig.

My intestinal tract laughs at pepper. Though you are right: a meal of chicken fried chicken and mashed taters with lots of pepper is probably one of the healthier food creations I've deemed worthy of this glorious thread.

16 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

How many packets would that normally take? 75?

I can tell you 15 packets results in a bare dusting.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Dutch said:

That seems like it would have a gritty feeling in your mouth.  Also, I generally find the pre-ground pepper one finds in restaurants to lack flavor.  Fresh ground or go home.

3 hours ago, Dry Elbows said:

That seems like it would have a gritty feeling in your mouth.  Also, I generally find the pre-ground pepper one finds in restaurants to lack flavor.  Fresh ground or go home.

It wasn’t gritty. A travel pepper grinder sounds like a great idea, though. 

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

maybe it just looks like more pepper than it is.  a salad dressing cup is what, 1 ounce?  so about a tablespoon?

This. The cup was less than half full, and I didn’t use it all.

Edited by Dutch