Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

On 10/13/2020 at 10:15 PM, deft said:

Pretty sure I saw parisa at schotts market, hwy 16 just west of 1604. About 10 minutes from the house so I’ll try to check it out again soon. Not Medina county.

IIRC there used to be a schotts in Castroville. It turned into a super s or some other shit and maybe something else now. Anyways, whatever the grocery store was there use to keep it in the   cooler. 

Chili dogs are always a meal that slams very hard. Good move going with pickled japs, [mention=2844]NateHitch[/mention]. But did you hinge the buns with a cheese slice?  
I only had one piece of sliced cheese so one was hinged with pepper jack, not ideal but it worked in a pinch

random thoughts:

• I think we're at a point where we (and I mean they) should starts a 'Parisa talk not going away" or "E-Coli meta-thread" thread.
  • tortillas are my go-to for dogs.  more versatile, so better machine utilization is better (it's a vehicle, after all), and hotdog buns are so often...disappointing.

Shank, I'm not quite sure what I'm lookin at there (do I see scrambled egg and/or bread crumbs in the mix?) but it's a balls-out effort, smothered in shredded cheese and hot sauce.  always a winning combo.

random thoughts:
  • I think we're at a point where we (and I mean they) should starts a 'Parisa talk not going away" or "E-Coli meta-thread" thread.
  • tortillas are my go-to for dogs.  more versatile, so better machine utilization is better (it's a vehicle, after all), and hotdog buns are so often...disappointing.
Shank, I'm not quite sure what I'm lookin at there (do I see scrambled egg and/or bread crumbs in the mix?) but it's a balls-out effort, smothered in shredded cheese and hot sauce.  always a winning combo.

Good eye. After I bake my chicken and rice, I add Panko bread crumbs and French fried onions on top and then put it under the broiler for a few minutes. Gives kind of a nice crust on top.

Buried at work today from the jump, basically running on a couple cups of coffee and some fruit this morning. its 10:15PM, i'm fucking starving and slim pickings in the fridge.

image.png.866ac83dfefe46ebef1af3c1edadd9ae.png

Does it belong in the chili thread? Fuck no. Did it take less than 5 minutes? Check!. Did it slam, did it go hard? Verily, it did! I think I got that angus beef chili at costco when I stocked up pre covid hibernation in March. Tastes pretty much like the red can standby. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Is that just.... a bowl of oil?  Dude....really?

Nah. Probably just a quarter cup of olive oil. A lot of butter in the potatoes and a lot of fat on the prime rib. Plus some Siracha and A1. I just poured out the pan.

I'm on the steel shank thread, right? 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Nah. Probably just a quarter cup of olive oil. A lot of butter in the potatoes and a lot of fat on the prime rib. Plus some Siracha and A1. I just poured out the pan.

I'm on the steel shank thread, right? 

Well, yeah.....but we don't sit around just doing shots of pure oil.

I mean.....not OFTEN.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

No. I browned onions in it. Then added the potatoes. Then the beef. 
It slammed. Hard. 
Not sure what lane to choose but a quarter cup of oil is a lot. You didn't brown anything, you braised some shit in some oil. Not saying it wasn't delicious, you just out here got us fumbling for words, trying to figure out what exactly you got going on here
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NateHitch said:
49 minutes ago, ztejas said:
No. I browned onions in it. Then added the potatoes. Then the beef. 
It slammed. Hard. 

Not sure what lane to choose but a quarter cup of oil is a lot. You didn't brown anything, you braised some shit in some oil. Not saying it wasn't delicious, you just out here got us fumbling for words, trying to figure out what exactly you got going on here

I threw a bunch of shit in a skillet and then I ate it and it was fucking awesome.

Is that better?

• Like 2