Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

You know, the boy just keeps bringing a tear to the old man’s eye. He just headed back to his place after a night out. Stopped by the chippy shop for a snack:

aa7f6997355be43f8d9e0b89b3ef91d3.jpg

That’s two fried fish, two fried sausages, and “a crapload of chicken nuggets.”

The top piece of fish is disturbed because he tore some off to toss to a street cat on the walk home, because he’s a softie.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

That’s a start but I’m talking Big Box, Texas size…. Chicken, fish, shrimp, fries, okra, o-rings, hush puppies, tacos, pies, etc..

Yeah they get a bit more carried away with it but a lot of people in this country still eat absolute garbage. 

LJS used to sell the crumbs from the bottom of the fryer tray. They may have quit doing that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Buddy of mine is one of the owners of Third Base. One night MANY years ago, @Pescado_Rojo and I were getting our drink on there, and I called my buddy to see if he wanted to join us. He did. Came up there, made sure the bartenders treated us extra right, and drank with us. Around 11:00, he says “I’m hungry.” PR and I both say yeah, us too, but the kitchen’s closed. He looked at us like we were nuts, hopped off his barstool and said “follow me.” We go back in the kitchen, and he starts pulling an incredible variety of items out of freezers and fridges and starts dumping them in the fryer.
We walk back out with a bar tray covered in probably a dozen types of fried items. We ate like kings. We felt like gods. And the evening got even more interesting after that.

Yeah they get a bit more carried away with it but a lot of people in this country still eat absolute garbage. 
LJS used to sell the crumbs from the bottom of the fryer tray. They may have quit doing that. 

You’re goddamn right. A LJS fish and chicken combo with extra crunchies…life is good. Short, if you eat that very often, but good.
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Buddy of mine is one of the owners of Third Base. One night MANY years ago, @Pescado_Rojo and I were getting our drink on there, and I called my buddy to see if he wanted to join us. He did. Came up there, made sure the bartenders treated us extra right, and drank with us. Around 11:00, he says “I’m hungry.” PR and I both say yeah, us too, but the kitchen’s closed. He looked at us like we were nuts, hopped off his barstool and said “follow me.” We go back in the kitchen, and he starts pulling an incredible variety of items out of freezers and fridges and starts dumping them in the fryer.
We walk back out with a bar tray covered in probably a dozen types of fried items. We ate like kings. We felt like gods. And the evening got even more interesting after that.

You’re goddamn right. A LJS fish and chicken combo with extra crunchies…life is good. Short, if you eat that very often, but good.

I still remember the look on the drunk couple's faces that had just been told by the bartender that the kitchen was closed and they couldn't order food. Then I cut my lip on a broken whiskey glass...probably broken by the bartender's diamond cutter nipples. Then it got more interesting. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I still remember the look on the drunk couple's faces that had just been told by the bartender that the kitchen was closed and they couldn't order food. Then I cut my lip on a broken whiskey glass...probably broken by the bartender's diamond cutter nipples. Then it got more interesting. 

i went ahead and finished but I would like to hear the rest of the story.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 10/14/2023 at 7:45 PM, Brisketexan said:

You know, the boy just keeps bringing a tear to the old man’s eye. He just headed back to his place after a night out. Stopped by the chippy shop for a snack:

aa7f6997355be43f8d9e0b89b3ef91d3.jpg

That’s two fried fish, two fried sausages, and “a crapload of chicken nuggets.”

The top piece of fish is disturbed because he tore some off to toss to a street cat on the walk home, because he’s a softie.

WTF? They don't wrap that shit in newspaper anymore? The best part of fish and chips was sitting your drunk ass on the curb, ripping the corner off of the newspaper package, and reaching in and pulling out hot pieces of fish and the chips. 

1 hour ago, Deej said:

WTF? They don't wrap that shit in newspaper anymore? The best part of fish and chips was sitting your drunk ass on the curb, ripping the corner off of the newspaper package, and reaching in and pulling out hot pieces of fish and the chips. 

What is this "newspaper" you speak of?  It's 2023, amigo.  Should they wrap it in an iPad screen?

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Deduction for ceramic plates, but hot dogs from one of my hogs, my mom’s homemade kraut and candied japs, Whataburger spicy ketchup, brown mustard, Doritos, provolone hinge.

Nice little breakfast before heading to the field
5e0416f79b058623145e2e7cc78591e7.jpg

Posrep for homegrown. Cheese hinge approved.

• Like 1