Sharp Objects (HBO)

JimmyHoffa

The playwright could very well still be a suspect and is starting to have a bigger role. He was limp in the gang rape, so maybe he couldn't get it up with the murdered girls either.

However, I'm now joining the bandwagon and leaning towards the mom and ritter.

The mom doesn't like when girls get too close to her baby Amma.  Thus, she kills Amma's two friends and Camille is next.

When Ritter failed to get rid of Camille, to the mom's disappointment, he says "you've always been better at handling the girls."  Handling? Seems like a simple comment about child rearing, but could also mean killing bitches. 

Also, in related news, my buzz hit precisely when the little girl told Camille, "It's not safe for you here".  Fuuuuuck. 

I think Ritter and/or Mommy molested Camille when she was a kid, which is why Camille has an out of control cutting problem and substantial drinking problem. Both are huge tell tale signs for molested kids. Tag on some fear of intimacy or closeness? Bingo. Hyper promiscuity is another sign, aka letting the football team run a train on you. 

As to why Ritter/Dora would murder the other girls? No idea 

2 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I definitely think the mom slowly poisoned the sister and kept her sick. I think she has Munchausen’s syndrome by proxy. That one lady said that the little girl (camille’s first 1/2 sister) was sickly and it showed her in an earlier episode puking and then dying. Momma poisoned her. 

I assumed she was epileptic.  didn’t it show her having a seizure in the first or second episode?

They probably could have fit this entire mini-series into a single 2 1/2 hour movie and not left a single plot point out. 

Still watching and want to see how it ends, but they really dragged this thing out as much as they could.

On 8/14/2018 at 7:24 AM, Tom said:

They probably could have fit this entire mini-series into a single 2 1/2 hour movie and not left a single plot point out. 

Still watching and want to see how it ends, but they really dragged this thing out as much as they could.

This is a good point.  I agree that it should have been a movie.

On 8/13/2018 at 7:52 PM, SubliminalHorn said:

I definitely think the mom slowly poisoned the sister and kept her sick. I think she has Munchausen’s syndrome by proxy. That one lady said that the little girl (camille’s first 1/2 sister) was sickly and it showed her in an earlier episode puking and then dying. Momma poisoned her. 

Called it

• Like 3

On 7/23/2018 at 1:29 PM, Planet Houston said:

I found it interesting that Marian's (Camille's sister that died in childhood) bed was a hospital bed that was equipped for an IV drip.

This is a total jump to conclusions, but the first thing that popped into my head was that maybe Adorra was poisoning her as a way of "controlling" her, and it went too far.  

Ding! Posted a month ago. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yep.  Is it over?  The book is pretty short, maybe 250 pages?  Agreed that it could be a movie, and a regular, 90 minute movie at that.

Finale next week. 

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Amy Adams get naked yet?

bra and panties

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yep.  Is it over?  The book is pretty short, maybe 250 pages?  Agreed that it could be a movie, and a regular, 90 minute movie at that.

It was the penultimate episode.  Camille just put the pieces together in her head and the episode ended with her pulling up to mom's house.  One more episode left, but things aren't resolved.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I get Dora poisoned her daughter. That makes sense. She’s nuts. 

But Camille sees her in the white dress luring other little girls into the forest. 

Did Dora really pull out the teeth of the little girls? How does that fit in?

Ritter.  I bet he plays clean up.  

I have a feeling he's gonna go all Darth Vader on the Emperor (Adora) next episode.  If she goes to kill another one of his daughters, he's going to stab her in the face with that letter opener. 

A couple of plot points that blocked me from suspending belief.  John was hanging out at the only other bar in town, the one in beantown, and the cops didn't bother to look in there in their apb search for him?  Secondly, Sandy Denny playing on the jukebox to a bunch of Mexicans.  Don't think so.  Wouldn't have been on the jukebox, and wouldn't have been selected had it been on there.  Thirdly, Camille can't be that stupid, and suffer from that lack of judgement to check him into a hotel and get naked with a fugitive.  Seriously, who would do that?  Lastly, dispatch reported them checking into hotel, and they have time to have a long conversation, get naked, bump fuzzies, and then nap before the cops arrive at the little, podunk, one horse town?  Please.

43 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

Thirdly, Camille can't be that stupid, and suffer from that lack of judgement to check him into a hotel and get naked with a fugitive.  Seriously, who would do that?

bitches be crazy.  especially bitches growing in that household with a dead sister and abuses alcohol and likes to cut herself.

42 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

A couple of plot points that blocked me from suspending belief.  John was hanging out at the only other bar in town, the one in beantown, and the cops didn't bother to look in there in their apb search for him?  Secondly, Sandy Denny playing on the jukebox to a bunch of Mexicans.  Don't think so.  Wouldn't have been on the jukebox, and wouldn't have been selected had it been on there.  Thirdly, Camille can't be that stupid, and suffer from that lack of judgement to check him into a hotel and get naked with a fugitive.  Seriously, who would do that?  Lastly, dispatch reported them checking into hotel, and they have time to have a long conversation, get naked, bump fuzzies, and then nap before the cops arrive at the little, podunk, one horse town?  Please.

The dispatch call did say the hotel was 15 miles away. Camille is a drunken slut and John is 18, so neither the convincing nor the consummating took long. But yeah, this show has problems. It’s way more aboiut mood than plot development, and 8 hours wasn’t necessary.

• Like 1

I mean, this is an OK show but it falls far short of last year's limited series Big Little Lies, which is what I think this was supposed to recapture. Adams saw it and thought, hey, I can do that too but no, not quite. I would even put this behind The Night Of, which also was kinda disappointing. I would only put this above S2 of True Detective.

2 hours ago, bamachine said:

I mean, this is an OK show but it falls far short of last year's limited series Big Little Lies, which is what I think this was supposed to recapture. Adams saw it and thought, hey, I can do that too but no, not quite. I would even put this behind The Night Of, which also was kinda disappointing. I would only put this above S2 of True Detective.

I'm going to withhold judgment until the last episode but so far it hasn't been my favorite of the last few limited series.

OK, one thing that bothers me about people saying this could have been shorter or even just a movie... Westworld could have been just a movie (duh) or short miniseries. HBO doesn't work like that. They like to play the long game with stories and get more material on the air. Sometimes it works like their 2-part documentaries, True Detective (S1) and Westworld. Sometimes not so much, but their batting average is still at MVP level. It's not like they tried to make this a 2 year series.

i think yall are crazy. i thought the last two episodes or so were outstanding! this week's episode was really good television. yes, the series could have been edited to 90 minutes or so but its been an enjoyable show thus far, especially the last few weeks. i am looking forward to next week!

35 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

They really could have squeezed that into 2 hours. 8 hours was incredible overkill. The twist was unnecessary. It didn’t really fit either. I mean, it looks like she had help with the one of the girls?

Agree, the twist was shit. So Adora’s a serial poisoner/killer, oh and also Amma and her friends are a roving band of serial killers!  

The fuck?  This show sucked.

Wasn't really a twist. Amma has always been evil incarnate. Just look back a few pages in this thread. The dangling thread was Alan. He was involved or at least had knowledge Mom was homebrewing meds. Did he walk? Is he free to crank the stereo above 7 and get laid now?

It felt like the director thought he could go on forever showing brief flashbacks endless vague inquiries. Then somebody burst into his office and said, "dude, you got to end this thing."

The delicate genius throws together an ending of sorts but, get this, cool patrol, he reveals something key in the closing credits!

It ended up being a let down. Is the book good?

Damnit, just spotted something else. Amma's new black friend eating dinner and Camille sees either cuts or tats all along her fingers and wrist. Cam gives her an odd look. Were those real, or did Cam imagine them? I couldn't tell.