The 2023 Republican Debate thread

Bullneck

33 minutes ago, troph said:

Pence is too busy talking about Jesus in his heart. But he’s at least half an adult. Christie and Hutchison are the sane ones. 

He’s wasting his time with all the Jesus talk. The Republican base doesn’t give a damn about Jesus and his liberal teachings. The Christianity begins and ends with the brand.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

These douchenozzles are all insane and our future is fucked because it’ll just get worse. None of these Neanderthals have a shot at wining any primary anyway.  

The only reason one of them won't win is because the guy who's a proven traitor who authored a coup attempt and is in the process of beginning about 4 different criminal trials is a shoe in for the nomination. 

19 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Vivek has genx energy despite not being genx. 

17 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Did anyone bring up Vivek’s 9/11 truther leanings?

Haley had the best zinger on Vivek - “you have no foreign policy experience and it shows”

I wish they had pressed Vivek on his wanting to fuck with the Constitution to prevent anybody from under the age of 25 from voting.

Also, they really needed to press him on the batshit 9/11 conspiracy theory bullshit.  Any 9/11 truther really needs to made to own the fact that they believe George W. Bush had the towers destroyed.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, troph said:

They spent more time talking about trannies than talking about healthcare, plans for inflation, tax policy, poverty, and man the list goes on. The only topics more talked about than trans folk were killing brown people, Jesus and trump. 

To be fair, they talked a good long time about Biden and the radical Democrat cities were murdering full term babies.  

15 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

To be fair, they talked a good long time about Biden and the radical Democrat cities were murdering full term babies.  

Yes and I thought I edited to  include that but the mass 42 week abortion epidemic in NY, CA and IL is frightening.  

Call em like I see ‘em. 
Yes we know. This debate full of Jesus, Full term abortion talk and support for Trump is exactly what one could expect from a Democrat debate tomorrow. Both sides are the same. Nothing has changed since the 00s so maintain your position unwavering since then, because it was less ridiculous at one point.
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
28 minutes ago, Anastasis said:
Call em like I see ‘em. 

Yes we know. This debate full of Jesus, Full term abortion talk and support for Trump is exactly what one could expect from a Democrat debate tomorrow. Both sides are the same. Nothing has changed since the 00s so maintain your position unwavering since then, because it was less ridiculous at one point.

You seem triggered by the observation that there is very little space between neocon foreign policy and that expressed by contemporary democrats. 

You seem triggered by the observation that there is very little space between neocon foreign policy and that expressed by contemporary democrats. 
I suppose you are just trolling. There is not consensus in Neocon FP to begin with, before we even start comparing.

My one word response was the "smarter" reply, but I should have just listened to Bruce Lee.

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You posted "these neocons are just like democrat neocons" over and over again until you finally got the response you were trolling for, then you say "you seem triggered."

Why not just start your own thread if you wanted to make that case?

I mean, I think you're wrong, but I'm willing to hear your argument.  If you think Ukraine by itself makes Biden (who ended a two-decade conflict in Afghanistan to his own political detriment) a "neocon," then pretty much all of Western Europe was "neocon" in response to Hitler in the 1940's, as was Soviet Russia, as is all of Western Europe in response to Putin.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1