1st Televised 2023 Football game

msucolt45

3 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

I already hate the new clock rules. Yes give us less of what we love. They could’ve changed instant replay to shorten the games without reducing the amount of plays. 

never understood all the people who wanted to shorten college football games.  we sit around fiending for this shit for 8 months of the year and people want less of it.

• Hook 'Em 8

I already hate the new clock rules. Yes give us less of what we love. They could’ve changed instant replay to shorten the games without reducing the amount of plays. 
I love it. The college pace of play was ridiculous. That clock doesn't need to stop as often as it did.
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, DigDug said:

I wonder how the actual Irish like that dumb cartoon leprechaun of a mascot dancing around over there.

It would be like if some soccer team came over here and had a Pocahontas mascot and she started twerking.   Nevermind, that sounds kind of hot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Gives them more time for commercials, so there’s that. It’s not going to shorten the game. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

ND too much on the lines. Playing this game mid season mitigates that some for Navy because preparing for the option in a week is hard. Getting to prep for that through camp just makes ND’s physical advantage overwhelming.

Still watching because football. ND’s passing game doesn’t seem like anything to write home about though I’m sure they’re keeping it intentionally vanilla.

2 minutes ago, SameSame said:

It would be like if some soccer team came over here and had a Pocahontas mascot and she started twerking.   Nevermind, that sounds kind of hot.

No, but it’s a little like some white kid dressing up in buckskin, headdress, and face paint, doing a dance made up by Boy Scouts, and calling it “educational” about Native Americans. Probably not quite that offensive but something like that.

IMG_8686.thumb.jpeg.66df6abc5e834b18a9ae31ac5f9938eb.jpeg

good lord there was some dumbass coaching by navy there.  first, they take a timeout ahead of a third and 7 when they were having success running the ball and milking the clock.  then they do the stupid ass "try and get points" thing when it's obvious notre dame is going to score at will.  so now notre dame has the ball back with just under two minutes and has two timeouts.  i'd be shocked if they don't score score again before the half.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

I'm visiting here until Texas and Cali get started in the LLWS.  Go Navy! 

That Chinese kid that’s probably really 17 that throws 85mph and has two no hitters already will smoke whoever the US champ is in the final..  

6 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

oh wow, notre dame easily drove down the field and scored a td in the time the navy coach decided to give them.  what a shock.

Yeah Hartman just tied Colt McCoy with that TD pass...

Rookie Navy coach with two mistakes:

• Took 1st timeout too early, left 25 additional seconds on clock
  • No reason to attempt FG down 21pts with  Navy's ball control rushing offense

Edited by LTtxfan
typo