Colorado at tcu - 11am on Fox

Pancho

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Plus he's a con man that screwed over a shit load of people. He's very easy to dislike. 

I didn't like the dickish way he went about casting aside the Colorado players when he got there. Very callous. But it did need to be done, just could have been done in a far less asshole way. 

Great start to the game so far. Looks like he's done good work there. 

Who did he con?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

How much did TCU lose off last year's team? They look like a bunch of dudes who don't know their assignments. 

Sanders looks good when he has time. I expect that FG block to wake TCU up and this to be a game

They lost a shitload on offense. Only 3 returning starters I believe. 

On defense they had a lot of returning production but they lost most of their best players. 

Nice start for Buffs OC

Screenshot_20230823-090606_kindlephoto-8773536.png

The 15 most important assistant coaching hires of 2023 -- No. 7: Sean Lewis, Colorado

Who: Sean Lewis, Colorado

Title: Offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach

Previous stop: Kent State head coach (2018-22)

Why he's important: Imagine selling your moderately successful tech consulting business to go work for Elon Musk. From the outside, all we see is madness -- wild quotes from the boss, a workplace culture that might not rise to the best practices of your standard American corporation. But look at how far he's gotten. There's gotta be a method somewhere within that madness... right? 

That's the football equivalent of Sean Lewis leaving the Kent State head coaching job to be Deion Sanders's offensive coordinator at Colorado. 

Lewis went 24-31 in his five seasons at Kent State, which may not sound like much until you realize it's Kent State. His 17-14 stretch from 2019-21 represented the best 3-year run for the Golden Flashes from 1972-74. Those three seasons happened to be Don James's last three years at Kent State; they earned him the head coaching job at Washington, where he'd go on to build a College Football Hall of Fame career.

https://footballscoop.com/news/the-15-most-important-assistant-coaching-hires-of-2023-no-7-sean-lewis-colorado

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Apparently Dos Equis is for losers. I think that’s the message they’re sending. 

Obviously

Pacifico is the best Mexican with Sol at close second - only Sol in Mexico though it’s not the same once it makes it to the states

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ousux said:

Even if froggy wins as they should, the buffs going on to have a great season will cause a bit of "what if" with the fanbase. Love it!

Colorado is my big 12 team next year forward because fuck the irate8 and fuck Houston and Ohio. Magic underwear and stoners hopefully come in strong

TCU playing games with this quick to line up and substitution. Pick one dummies either run HUNH or sub guys, a competent officiating crew holds them up and allows Colorado to match. 

Just now, mdleast said:

Man there are a fuckload of commercials. More than usual or am I just out of shape given the long off season?

No they shortened the game to plop in more commercials. Fuckin sucks. 
7.5% less plays and only 1.5% less time for games with the new clock rules. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mdleast said:

Man there are a fuckload of commercials. More than usual or am I just out of shape given the long off season?

Well you see, with the new clock rules, they reduced the number of plays, so they could squeeze in more commercials. 

• Like 2