Week 2, 2023: Texas @ Alabama

Wulaw Horn

15 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Fuck Alabama fans.  They boo'd the shit out of Sark during the Game Day interview a short while ago.

It was merciless.  Never heard boos for so long and so loud before.  You could seek Sark was sad.  
Sad Sark.  hahah

There are more genes on the Match Game set than there are in Alabama.

• Hook 'Em 1

What's the Cliff's on the roles and whether or not they're difference makers on Malachi Moore and Jaylen Key 

Moore is their nickel and he’s a good player. I think everyone knew he’d play.

Key is a safety, UAB transfer. I think he was all CUSA or something. I would think Bama has guys that wouldn’t be much of a drop off but with a transfer you think twice, because, you know, they went and got him in the first place. He seems to legitimately be in question.

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Moore is their nickel and he’s a good player. I think everyone knew he’d play.

Key is a safety, UAB transfer. I think he was all CUSA or something. I would think Bama has guys that wouldn’t be much of a drop off but with a transfer you think twice, because, you know, they went and got him in the first place. He seems to legitimately be in question.

Moore, like Arnold, ended up being benched last year. He’s the best they have, but he’s yet to do anything to merit the label “good player”. 

Key is physical and experienced. He’s given more credit than he should get because of the halo effect with Saban. 

Bama has a weird dichotomy in their secondary this season. McKinstry is a likely first round pick and everyone is very high on Downs. The other guys are question marks and downgrades from everything they’ve had in recent years. The advantage in matchup between the Bama secondary and the Texas WRs and TEs is in Texas’ favor. If Texas can’t exploit this advantage tonight, they were never as good as we thought they were heading into this season. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

ESPN’s loess right now is “will the longhorns or the aggys make a statement?”  So a statement for us is a convincing win to set off a probable national championship run. A statement for them is beating unranked teams two weeks in a row. 

If that doesn’t tell you the trajectory of these two programs….

Moore, like Arnold, ended up being benched last year. He’s the best they have, but he’s yet to do anything to merit the label “good player”. 
Key is physical and experienced. He’s given more credit than he should get because of the halo effect with Saban. 
Bama has a weird dichotomy in their secondary this season. McKinstry is a likely first round pick and everyone is very high on Downs. The other guys are question marks and downgrades from everything they’ve had in recent years. The advantage in matchup between the Bama secondary and the Texas WRs and TEs is in Texas’ favor. If Texas can’t exploit this advantage tonight, they were never as good as we thought they were heading into this season. 

I remember Moore being a freshman All American but I don’t follow Bama super closely. Has he just not progressed from that point?

16 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I remember Moore being a freshman All American but I don’t follow Bama super closely. Has he just not progressed from that point?

@Fud gets into the details better than I do on other teams. I watch games and read about teams, but I’m not into breaking things down and I don’t visit their sites. 

What I understand is that the guy didn’t progress the way they wanted and they had better options. Maybe he’s terrific now, or maybe he got credit as a freshman simply because he started games for Saban at Bama. 

Did Arnold get mention for anything like that last year? Because that would be funny. 

1 hour ago, ATXbronco said:

Fuck Alabama fans.  They boo'd the shit out of Sark during the Game Day interview a short while ago.

It was merciless.  Never heard boos for so long and so loud before.  You could seek Sark was sad.  
Sad Sark.  hahah

Sark could not have cared less. Who cares about how Gameday fans react. We will assrape these fuckers. 

Haven't read anything on this game.  Will be a good time for Texas running backs to establish a definitive pecking order. I like both Texas lines, but Flood will really need to earn this, to help the inexperienced Texas running backs find lanes.   Homecooking will most likely allow the Bama defensive backs to hold Texas wideouts again this year, so look for Sanders to get more looks.  

Going to need to bracket Milroe so Ford and company can clean up.  Hopefully Hill gets an early sack and some hurries, so Milroe gets antsy. Will need for everybody to take advantage of any turnover opportunities.    

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Can’t exploit that advantage if we can’t block the rush up the middle. Quick pressure in Quinn’s face is what will wreck our offense. Hope they figured some things out on the IOL. 

Haven't read anything on this game.  Will be a good time for Texas running backs to establish a definitive pecking order. I like both Texas lines, but Flood will really need to earn this, to help the inexperienced Texas running backs find lanes.   Homecooking will most likely allow the Bama defensive backs to hold Texas wideouts again this year, so look for Sanders to get more looks.  
Going to need to bracket Milroe so Ford and company can clean up.  Hopefully Hill gets an early sack and some hurries, so Milroe gets antsy. Will need for everybody to take advantage of any turnover opportunities.    

I think that’s something that wasn’t shown in game one. Hill is gonna be turned lose this game. At least I hope so.
  • Hook 'Em 1

All of my Longhorn gear is cursed.  Every shirt I own has lost a game.  My autographed Colt McCoy hat has all the wrong mojo for this game against this opponent.  So my wife and I made our own shirts for us and the boy.  I went Tommy Nobis, since he beat Bama in the Orange Bowl.  The boy wanted VY scoring against USC.  The wife went with an old school logo. 

New season, new shirts.  May the good juju flow.

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

@Fud gets into the details better than I do on other teams. I watch games and read about teams, but I’m not into breaking things down and I don’t visit their sites. 

What I understand is that the guy didn’t progress the way they wanted and they had better options. Maybe he’s terrific now, or maybe he got credit as a freshman simply because he started games for Saban at Bama. 

Did Arnold get mention for anything like that last year? Because that would be funny. 

Bama boards seem to think Moore is important for getting their DBs lined up, given the youth and transfer additions. I haven't watched much of him 

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Has there been anymore injury updates on them? Game time decisions? 

Yesterday the rumor was that Moore is very much good to go, but Key is more of a gametime decision for next week than this week, but I've been watching the games today instead of board snooping