2023 Houston Texans thread

Macklemore

16 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Love all y’all but some of y’all got some serious amends to make towards Sting & Tunsil. 

I know he’s been injured, but Myles Garrett was a non-factor working against LT. Dude gets mad respect everywhere but this thread…

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I love this team. It reminds me of Jimmy’s team building with the 90’s Cowboys. There is just a cool vibe to how DeMeco is building this team and how it is coming together.

I have one regret with today’s win. I wish this skull fucking had been delivered to the Browns with Deshaun at qb. A total chainsaw vasectomy right up his taunt.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I like the Texans. They've had so many diamonds dropped in their lap only to fuck it up. But I think this time, THIS TIME, it might just work. CJ is a franchise QB that rarely comes around. The front office has finally got their shit together and DeMeco Ryans is the right coach right now. This is a good team that will only get better.

• Hook 'Em 2

@Jshep34 or whoever supposedly had insider info, can you confirm that other report that H-town blue won’t be the main color of the new jerseys and logo? That info should be spread amongst the mouth breathing NFL masses of Houston to raise hell in case they can make changes before they release a vomit disaster. 

I think an overlooked contributor to Stroud’s development is Case Keenum. He was tasked to be a mentor and has done an excellent job at it.  Supposedly, Caserio got several calls about him  this season from teams in need and promptly shut them down, thinking Case was too valuable in his role. Plus he did a a pretty good job on the field when needed. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I am all-in on this team.  Future is seriously bright for these guys.

I don't actively root against the players, but I could not buy in on the Texans franchise whether it was Capers/Kubiak/ BOB/ whatever. Loved Dre, JJ, DHop, DeMeco, and many other players through the years but the organization generally turned me off.

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon this season, but I love what Ryans brings to the table.  Can't help but respect the improvement Houston has made on the field and IMHO, also the locker room.  Keep killing it.  This is going to be a fun ride for Texans fans.  Y'all deserve it.

29 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

@Jshep34 or whoever supposedly had insider info, can you confirm that other report that H-town blue won’t be the main color of the new jerseys and logo? That info should be spread amongst the mouth breathing NFL masses of Houston to raise hell in case they can make changes before they release a vomit disaster. 

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/texans-new-uniforms-18589347.php

• Like 1

Well for me this has been quite a journey.  I grew up on the Luv Ya Blue, and the move to Tennessee was sort of the end of my NFL fandom with no Houston.  Started to take some interest with JJ Watt on the squad.  But I decided I would start rooting for my old hometown team once again in 2020 and shades of the Oilers, the bed shitting began and 4-12 was the final tally I think?  Anyhow Deshaun being a moron helped send the team into turmoil, and I thought "Fuck me" any Houston team I root for is doomed if the ball isn't round.  But this year has been awesome.  You could see from the beginning the defense seemed to be a little more intense, and you saw flashes of hope with a good OL and some new key young draft picks.  I could see this team growing into something.

Having them turn the corner the same year more Horns have ascended has been frigging awesome!  They really are starting to build something!  Now just stay healthy and let's home we can get the ball to bounce our way in the coming weeks.  It's nice to have football hope again for the long suffering fans of Houston.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

I don't actively root against the players, but I could not buy in on the Texans franchise whether it was Capers/Kubiak/ BOB/ whatever. Loved Dre, JJ, DHop, DeMeco, and many other players through the years but the organization generally turned me off.

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon this season, but I love what Ryans brings to the table.  Can't help but respect the improvement Houston has made on the field and IMHO, also the locker room.  Keep killing it.  This is going to be a fun ride for Texans fans.  Y'all deserve it.

coach kube is a good, good guy 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

I think an overlooked contributor to Stroud’s development is Case Keenum. He was tasked to be a mentor and has done an excellent job at it.  Supposedly, Caserio got several calls about him  this season from teams in need and promptly shut them down, thinking Case was too valuable in his role. Plus he did a a pretty good job on the field when needed. 

he doesn’t need the money, but he’d be a great qb coach

31 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

coach kube is a good, good guy 

Yep. I have no problem with Kubiak. He was a good coach, as he proved by winning the Super Bowl in Denver. He got a bad rap because the GM he helped bring into the organization backstabbed the shit out of him to keep his job.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jshep34 said:

I'd be very surprised if new uniforms look like crap. For all the past bad decisions organization has made think they have thier finger on pulse of the city now.

Scarlet and Columbia Blue it is then.

They should do it just because.

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Yep. I have no problem with Kubiak. He was a good coach, as he proved by winning the Super Bowl in Denver. He got a bad rap because the GM he helped bring into the organization backstabbed the shit out of him to keep his job.

image.jpeg.930a86b2404881ce4943e58f21e970de.jpeg

51 minutes ago, slorch said:

Scarlet and Columbia Blue it is then.

They should do it just because.

On one of my reports this week I changed the color of the day from light blue to Columbia blue. Proved my point that nobody reads my reports.

3 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

I'd be very surprised if new uniforms look like crap. For all the past bad decisions organization has made think they have thier finger on pulse of the city now.

Local media covering the team were given a sneak peek of the rendering of the new unis last year and the response was positive. They obviously were not allowed to share any specifics or take any pictures but the consensus was that they looked good. It’s amazing how winning now makes me like our unis more than in the past. I couldn’t wait to get new unis when we sucked but now kind of wish we were not going to change them because they look damn good in my eyes now.