2023 Houston Texans thread

Macklemore

4 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Slowik seems great, but if he were to leave I’d imagine there’d be a line down Kirby all the way to 610 of people looking to sign up for that job with CJ as the QB.

So about 6 feet?

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Slowik seems great, but if he were to leave I’d imagine there’d be a line down Kirby all the way to 610 of people looking to sign up for that job with CJ as the QB.

CJ is a god, but Slowik's offensive scheme is first rate. 

I really, really hope they've already been grooming Keenum to take over the Slowik offense.  

After the season I’m getting several Texans jerseys autographed with personal inscriptions to frame for my man cave. CJ and another. Hooked it up today.

Oddly, with a few other helmets and balls from notable Texas-area players, I also have a personalized autographed Leroy Neimann print from Nick Lowery, the former Chief’s kicker.like this one

41ced254676c17f770bfa1308f4f9696.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 6:12 PM, Hank Kingsley said:

I really, really hope they've already been grooming Keenum to take over the Slowik offense.  

I think they'd just take the QB coach/non play calling passing coordinator from the 49ers, Rams, Dolphins, Packers, etc again 

Weather conditions are not going to work in our favor. Going to be harder to hit the deep ball in cold and wind. But Stroud played in Columbus so not like he hasn’t done this before.

Obviously Andrew’s being out will be huge for us. Running games will be key. Slowik I think will get creative with screens and short passing, Baltimore likely to do the same. Both teams geared well to stop the run. Going to be a battle.

Temp going to drop steadily through the game, holding a lead is easier in those conditions. Need to get to them in the first half.

I am excite.

Edited by The Earl of Texas
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Weather conditions are not going to work in our favor. Going to be harder to hit the deep ball in cold and wind. But Stroud played in Columbus so not like he hasn’t done this before.

His only bad weather game this year was at the Jets. Not cold but rainy and windy. And Stroud had, by far, his worst game of the year. Lets hope he and Slowik can make the necessary adjustments. 

20 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

This is a young team that plays loose and doesn’t know limits.  Everything is on the table and everything is achievable to these goofballs.  Let’s Fauken Geaux!!.  

punch them in the mouth early and often

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 2

When I arrived in Austin in '91 for school, I had no idea there was a Dallas/Houston rivalry.  I learned quickly.  30 years later, I never would have imagined rooting for anything in Houston.  That being said, I hope y'all win the Super Bowl.  There.  I typed it.  No takebacks.

Good luck today.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Obviously Andrew’s being out will be huge for us. Running games will be key. Slowik I think will get creative with screens and short passing, Baltimore likely to do the same. Both teams geared well to stop the run. Going to be a battle

Beck is active. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1