Week 3 2023: Wyoming @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

15 hours ago, TornACL said:

Maybe the better we're playing the better the acts.

If so, hopefully by the time the Tech game rolls around we'll have a fully reunited Led Zeppelin playing LCL with Bonham bringing Beethoven back from the dead with him to accompany on Kashmir.

Led Zeppelin sucks.  I want The Beatles!

1 hour ago, NoName said:

keep in mind that TTU scored 33 points on Wyoming and had 431 yards of offense and that FCS Portland State scored 17 and had 344 yards.

also keep in mind that Texas just scored 34 points on the road vs Alabama and had 454 yards.

but sure. maybe they will only score 24 or 28 points on a bad defense after putting up 34 vs fucking Alabama.

Tom Herman isn't the coach of this team. Charlie Strong isn't the coach of this team.

if you think Texas, the Texas who just lit up fucking Alabama on the road, with the best roster the team has had since 2009, is going to come home and not light up WYOMING at home, idk what to say.

it's incredible that you contracted Battered Aggie Syndrome 5 days after the biggest Texas win since 2009.

It's been 13 years of crap.  The PTSD isn't going away after one game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Apologies if I posted in the wrong place. Stadium seating lower section Texas side, sections 3,4,5. The first few rows are stadium seating, with no chairback. The benches cross sections, how does the numbering work in those sections? Does the seat number start over in the middle of the bench or continue into the next section?

I'm trying to make sense of that and find out what seat numbers are on the aisle. And for the life of me, can't find any DKR maps with actual seat numbers online. 

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Screenshot_20230914_113237_Chrome.jpg

this seems to be going over Quinn's head, so let me make it as clear as possible:

i'm saying Quinn is being fucking dumb, because Quinn is being fucking dumb.

Quinn is worried about or think that Texas, who just scored 34 points on the road, against ALABAMA is only going to score 24 or 28 points at home, against a Wyoming defense who just gave up 17 points to an FCS team? and who gave up 33 points to TTU?

@NoName did I do this right? Just checking.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

You're doing it wrong and you should stop. No one on the team is worried about Wyoming, and they shouldn't be. They're focused on firmly establishing ground rules for the rest of the season. Everything is in front of them, and setting the tone for that starts with Wyoming. 

You can DM with sarvanaash if you need to unnecessarily handwring about this game. The rest of us are interested in ongoing updates and analyses about it from writers or posters.

I'm not even handwringing until noname came in bitching and moaning about what I said....I made a simple statement about the Wyoming game that was in no way complaining or bitching but more to the mentality of this team heading foward post Bama. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'm not even handwringing until noname came in bitching and moaning about what I said....I made a simple statement about the Wyoming game that was in no way complaining or bitching but more to the mentality of this team heading foward post Bama. 

You chose to get specific with numbers and cited scoring outputs in the 20s. People are going to react to nonsense like that.

All you or anyone had to say, and they could just do this to themselves and spare the rest of us but it's certainly been an ongoing thing on this thread, is "The best outcome for this game is that when it is over, it is nationally irrelevant and not covered in any fashion." Because that would mean nothing happened in the game and Texas won handily. People will find anything to bitch about, but everyone's expectations should be flippant and low. This game tells us nothing and Texas will win convincingly. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

OL grading and breakdown from the Bama game (via Dunlap)

Hide contents

Skill Player Snap Counts and Game-by-Game Percentages of Offensive Snaps (2023 Through Week 2)

image.thumb.png.412511209b8b69078fe5fd83e2356c98.png

***please note that exact snap-count numbers may differ from other sources at times, as the Deep Dig does not count plays as offensive player snaps that are blown dead due to penalty, punts, extra points, field goals, spiked balls, victory formations, kneel-downs, etc.***

Cook only had two snaps and one of them was the early celebration of Worthy's TD?  That's hilarious.  He made the most of his screen-time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, DreadHead said:

Apologies if I posted in the wrong place. Stadium seating lower section Texas side, sections 3,4,5. The first few rows are stadium seating, with no chairback. The benches cross sections, how does the numbering work in those sections? Does the seat number start over in the middle of the bench or continue into the next section?

I'm trying to make sense of that and find out what seat numbers are on the aisle. And for the life of me, can't find any DKR maps with actual seat numbers online. 

Tunnels and aisles are in the middle of sections.  So, yes, seat 1 for a particular Section/Row is going to be halfway between two aisles.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, DreadHead said:

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Tunnels and aisles are in the middle of sections.  So, yes, seat 1 for a particular Section/Row is going to be halfway between two aisles.

And seat numbers go up from right to left (facing the field).

Exact aisle seat numbers will vary but in section 5 row 21, the aisle is seat 16 (that's around the tunnel though). Down lower it might be Seat 20 or so.

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You chose to get specific with numbers and cited scoring outputs in the 20s. People are going to react to nonsense like that.

All you or anyone had to say, and they could just do this to themselves and spare the rest of us but it's certainly been an ongoing thing on this thread, is "The best outcome for this game is that when it is over, it is nationally irrelevant and not covered in any fashion." Because that would mean nothing happened in the game and Texas won handily. People will find anything to bitch about, but everyone's expectations should be flippant and low. This game tells us nothing and Texas will win convincingly. 

One caveat - if Arch takes his first snaps as a Longhorn, that may garner some national attention. 

18 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

I hate to be that guy, but does anyone know any tricks to watching the game for free this weekend? Last year we had the Free Sling Trial loophole, but so far I haven’t found anything like that this year. 

We used to just throw our ID over the wall to our buddy waiting outside the stadium. Hope this helps.