Fugitive 2: Pennsylvania Boogaloo

HiggyBaby

So basically it’s coming up on 2 weeks since this guy Parkour’d his way out of prison and has completely evaded Pennsylvanias finest. He’s had time to clean up and shave, and as of this morning, is armed. Good times.

bc16c611eb8eaa8d719239cb611b29dd.jpg

Local bounty hunters are on the prowl. Looking forward to the movie.

Edited by HiggyBaby
  • Haha 1

Cool cool cool….he has a rifle now. As of last night:

10:10 p.m. ET: A call received from a resident in South Coventry Township indicated a “short Hispanic male, no shirt, and wearing dark pants had entered his garage while the homeowner was in it.” Cavalcante grabbed a .22 rifle that was leaning in the corner of the garage. Homeowner drew a pistol and fired at the fugitive as he fled with the rifle.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/pennsylvania-manhunt-danelo-cavalcante-prisoner-escape/index.html

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

10:10 p.m. ET: A call received from a resident in South Coventry Township indicated a “short Hispanic male, no shirt, and wearing dark pants had entered his garage while the homeowner was in it.” Cavalcante grabbed a .22 rifle that was leaning in the corner of the garage. Homeowner drew a pistol and fired at the fugitive as he fled with the rifle.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/pennsylvania-manhunt-danelo-cavalcante-prisoner-escape/index.html

That's about as American a story as a story can get.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Pennsylvania: where dipshits leave a rifle just leaning up against the wall in their garage.  And said homeowner is in there.  With a pistol on his hip.  That checks out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

I wonder how many bullets the .22 holds. Hopefully, it is bolt action or at least unloaded.

The thing is he could now be holed up in someone’s house holding someone hostage. Not sure if 22 was loaded or if he managed to snag some ammunition. But if he were to knock on a door with a rifle the unsuspecting homeowner wouldn’t know that. 

If y’all listen to broadcastify or whatever (scanner stuff) the cops are talking about that scenario. Fuck. 

59 minutes ago, HiggyBaby said:

So basically it’s coming up on 2 weeks since this guy Parkour’d his way out of prison and has completely evaded Pennsylvanias finest. He’s had time to clean up and shave, and as of this morning, is armed. Good times.

What a great Father.  Takes his two girls out to skip church and track an armed convict in an open-aired vehicle with assault rifles they're very likely not checked out on.  And what does Dad do to set a good example of being a patriot?  Puts on a protective vest and earth tones, while leaving the girl  to fend for herself in a bright pink hoodie that screams, "Look at me!  Look at me!" to the felon.  

good to know stupid knows no state lines.

41 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

What a great Father.  Takes his two girls out to skip church and track an armed convict in an open-aired vehicle with assault rifles they're very likely not checked out on.  And what does Dad do to set a good example of being a patriot?  Puts on a protective vest and earth tones, while leaving the girl  to fend for herself in a bright pink hoodie that screams, "Look at me!  Look at me!" to the felon.  

good to know stupid knows no state lines.

I thought the same thing.  So much dumb in one place. 

Dumbass:  Ma, imma take the girls and go out looking for the kinda trouble that could get us all kilt.

Ma:  Why don't you stay here in your recliner and watch football on yer bigscreen?  Let them girls play with their barbies.

Dumbass: Nah, I need to show them what a REAL dumbass man looks like.

Fucking idoit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, twosheds said:

If I ever escape from prison, I hope to be a lot farther away than 22 miles after two weeks.

This is what I don't understand.   I realize traveling while on the lamb would require a bit of stealth but I would damn sure hope that I could travel at a minumum of 10-12 miles per day.  Within 2 weeks, I'd be at least 150 miles away and that assumes doing all of it on foot.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, HiggyBaby said:

Eric Cartman Dog GIF by South Park - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 2

I wonder if it's because that area of PA is very friendly to guerilla living and hiding out and not being found (like if it's particularly woody or forested), so he's just treading water so to speak until busted or dies. Whereas if he tried to get out further it's flat and easy to get caught, I don't know.

But I think I'd want to do some switchbacking and doubling back to disguise your ultimate route and then just plant your feet in one direction and make a prolonged run at it. But I feel like that window closed last week, too much visibility and heat now.

4 hours ago, animaltobacco11 said:

I wonder if it's because that area of PA is very friendly to guerilla living and hiding out and not being found (like if it's particularly woody or forested), so he's just treading water so to speak until busted or dies. Whereas if he tried to get out further it's flat and easy to get caught, I don't know.

Maybe having the media post the search area every day on the internet isn’t such a good idea. Dude checks the site, sees they’re looking in the area he’s hiding in and figures, “Naah, gonna lay low today. “

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Maybe having the media post the search area every day on the internet isn’t such a good idea. Dude checks the site, sees they’re looking in the area he’s hiding in and figures, “Naah, gonna lay low today. “

Unless he has help, and I'm guessing he doesn't if he's still wearing his green prison pants, I don't think he has access to a smartphone and/or the internet.

21 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Pennsylvania: where dipshits leave a rifle just leaning up against the wall in their garage.  And said homeowner is in there.  With a pistol on his hip.  That checks out.

Because there are definitely no unsecured guns in garages anywhere in texas. Definitely. 

They got the guy but also needed to pose with him for a photo…with him wearing an Eagles sweatshirt. So much wrong with this whole deal other than this murdering fugitive being captured. (I don’t know how to imbed Tweets anymore so I just screenshot two to make my point.) fugitive looked pretty beat up. Don’t really give a fuck as he stabbed to death the mother of his children in front of them but this needing to pose with him for a picture? The fuck? 

IMG_7219.jpeg

IMG_7220.jpeg

Yeah, fuck the piece of shit.  But that's just a weird photograph for the LEO's to be taking.  "Look at how long it took this huge group of people representing hundreds and thousands more just like us to catch this little dude in his sweatshirt."  I guess that's a boss move in Philly, but I dunno...weird flex.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Wonder if he went without incident or if he belongs in the NFL goons thread

I’ll let people draw their own conclusions on that. Allegedly (this is before the glad-handing presser where they tell the tale) he was found 1.9 miles from the prison. ??? I mean…even the most out of shape of us could have attempted more distance. It’s like he was hanging around looking for buried treasure or something—or maybe if he was expecting help that person/persons bailed on him because of the heat on that area. Either way, 1.9 miles…the fuck? 

IMG_7221.jpeg

There's a meme in here somewhere of Tommy Lee Jones in "The Fugitive" where he calculates how far Harrison Ford could have gotten and orders them to check every house, henhouse, outhouse, etc. within a X-miles radius.  Again, not the hot flex for LEO's in the area they think this is.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I’ll let people draw their own conclusions on that. Allegedly (this is before the glad-handing presser where they tell the tale) he was found 1.9 miles from the prison. ??? I mean…even the most out of shape of us could have attempted more distance. It’s like he was hanging around looking for buried treasure or something—or maybe if he was expecting help that person/persons bailed on him because of the heat on that area. Either way, 1.9 miles…the fuck? 

IMG_7221.jpeg

Supposedly hanging near the town where he committed murder 

35 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

They got the guy but also needed to pose with him for a photo…with him wearing an Eagles sweatshirt. So much wrong with this whole deal other than this murdering fugitive being captured. (I don’t know how to imbed Tweets anymore so I just screenshot two to make my point.) fugitive looked pretty beat up. Don’t really give a fuck as he stabbed to death the mother of his children in front of them but this needing to pose with him for a picture? The fuck? 

IMG_7219.jpeg

IMG_7220.jpeg

spread-it-on-super-troopers.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

That’s just bizarre. Unfinished business? 

That would certainy make more sense than most of the other explanations.  Guy breaks out of a rather serious penitentiary, evades multiple law enforcement agencies for days (not to mention armchair bounty hunters), and stalks around an old kill site doing who knows what with at least one firearm (and probably some other shit he found along the way).  That's the determinative behavior of somebody much more dangerous than previously thought.  He had to know this ends with him living the rest of his life in a blackbox solitary cage or suicide by cop.  Looks like the former, but he went through with it all anyway.  Dollars to donuts, they're gonna find some more bodies in the very near future.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

IMG_7219.jpeg

IMG_7220.jpeg

How were they supposed to get clicks and likes it they didn’t pose with their quarry and share the pic?

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, animaltobacco11 said:

I wonder if it's because that area of PA is very friendly to guerilla living and hiding out and not being found (like if it's particularly woody or forested), so he's just treading water so to speak until busted or dies.

From looking at that manhunt map on Google and fiddling with the terrain settings, it's got a good bit of lumpiness and plenty of woods where fatass locals have probably never wandered around even behind their own houses. I live in similar terrain that even with 3,000+ people per square mile has the occasional coyotes who travel the stream beds and ridges. If a coyote can do it I bet a sneaky little stabby dude can too.

Then you've got cops who think if they drive around a patch of woods that they've "seen" whatever's in there, and that's IF they aren't sitting on stakeout playing World of Tanks, like the tower guard probably was. Stabby Dude could have been ten feet away face down in some bushes and they'd never see him.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

IMG_7221.jpeg

Hush, hush!!!! @DougO is about to roll in here with his infantile labels.