Dog Killer, Kristi Noem

Gil Bang

9 hours ago, 'stache said:

Not that I give a shit but there is definitely sexism involved here. Dotard has told way more blatant lies and done more wretched shit and they still worship him. 

I don’t know - Trump is expected to lie and not be held accountable, and everybody, including him, knows he is lying. Noem is getting treated somewhat like DeSantis and RFK when they fuck up, but also like she should know better than to lie so blatantly. She’s being treated like an adult, unlike Trump.

Also, Trump doesn’t care if you know he’s lying, he just plows ahead and usually doesn’t get flustered.  Noem gets flustered in these interviews, and the interviewees are going to home in on that.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don’t know - Trump is expected to lie and not be held accountable, and everybody, including him, knows he is lying. Noem is getting treated somewhat like DeSantis and RFK when they fuck up, but also like she should know better than to lie so blatantly. She’s being treated like an adult, unlike Trump.

Also, Trump doesn’t care if you know he’s lying, he just plows ahead and usually doesn’t get flustered.  Noem gets flustered in these interviews, and the interviewees are going to home in on that.  

Along those lines, I don't understand why she didn't just stand by the lie.

"Of course I met him, I was on the security committee (or whatever it was)."

"There's no record."

"Of course there is, you're wrong" or "the deep state destroyed the record because they're scared of me me"

It would be better than this sad pathetic nonapology tour.

MTG does that and while she looks ridiculous to most of us, she'll probably hold that seat for at least a decade, because morons. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

18 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The thing about Trump is, he likely believes his lies.  A narcissist can be like a 5 YO kid -- tell the lie enough and it slowly becomes the truth in their mind.

• Hook 'Em 2

Geez. I hope my suggestion to her staff, campaign, and publisher that any such meeting would have to have been filed with the State Dept but wasn't.  i certainly wish that didn't play any role her back-peddling the "story" because someone claiming to be from the asst sec's office at State for international affairs visits and protocol made people aware of her flub. Would be a damn shame.

22 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, it's showing that Noem isn't a complete sociopath, unlike Trump.  She has enough conscience to be shamed by her lies or at least being caught in them.

45 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, it's showing that Noem isn't a complete sociopath, unlike Trump.  She has enough conscience to be shamed by her lies or at least being caught in them.

Shame? You see shame?

I’m not sure that I agree with you 100% on your police work there, Lou.

After a week of her shamelessly repeating her lies and dodging questions, it blew up in her face. So she canceled her press tour. Maybe her advisers recommended it, maybe her publisher demanded it. She embarrassed herself, that’s for sure. But one thing I haven’t seen from her is shame.

I’ll bet she isn’t done and that she’ll shamelessly repeat the lies and dodge the questions sometime again in the future following the exact same pattern we saw in the past week. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

This bitch feels no shame. She is truly shocked that people didn’t love the dog story.  She wanted the story in her first book lol.  It’s probably the proudest moment of her life. It’s literally step one of serial killer progression. Probably was a bed wetter. I wouldn’t be surprised if the publisher or her handlers canceled the book tour and she is furious about it

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Yep, as what the buck posted…my educated guess is she was told gently by staffers to stand down but like many politicians of a high profile; she largely ignored them.  But her publisher, and I have dealt with my share of them, likely put the screws to her and because of their contract, convinced her to back down.  They can make you shut up if while you’re promoting a book they own the rights to, you can’t say certain things like “I want to thank my editor and co-author who wanted me to put a chapter in here on setting kittens on fire.”  99% of book tours, it’s not an issue.  But every once in awhile; an author will go off the reservation and fuck up sales and reputations.  

10 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Shame? You see shame?

She tucked her tail between her legs and ran back to South Dakota because of a potential “weather event” that everybody knew was a lie.  She was snubbed by Trump at an even tailored for Trump’s VP candidates.  She was defeated by the lamestream media. Multiple shows on Fox News either tore her a new one or mocked the hell out of her when she canceled.  Newsmax said she was once at the top of Trump’s VP list, but now is not even on the list.  Ducking Newsmax, just one step above OAN.

When she refused to answer questions about Ole Cricket or Lil Kim, you could see on her face that she was both angry and confused that she didn’t control the narrative, and she didn’t understand why so many conservatives turned on her.  Like I said, Trump plows through his lies and gives no fucks whether you know he’s lying or not, but she tries to dodge the lies because she knows they are lies, so there is a little shame mixed in with the anger and confusion.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

She tucked her tail between her legs and ran back to South Dakota because of a potential “weather event” that everybody knew was a lie.  She was snubbed by Trump at an even tailored for Trump’s VP candidates.  She was defeated by the lamestream media. Multiple shows on Fox News either tore her a new one or mocked the hell out of her when she canceled.  Newsmax said she was once at the top of Trump’s VP list, but now is not even on the list.  Ducking Newsmax, just one step above OAN.

When she refused to answer questions about Ole Cricket or Lil Kim, you could see on her face that she was both angry and confused that she didn’t control the narrative, and she didn’t understand why so many conservatives turned on her.  Like I said, Trump plows through his lies and gives no fucks whether you know he’s lying or not, but she tries to dodge the lies because she knows they are lies, so there is a little shame mixed in with the anger and confusion.

Yep, that's what I meant.  I didn't say she was normal, just not a complete psycho/sociopath like Trump.

2 hours ago, hookemATL said:

When The Revee Blakes fuckin slaps. 

Oh, so like you literally mean "Been a Wong Time Since I Wok'd 'N Wolled."???

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

This bitch feels no shame. She is truly shocked that people didn’t love the dog story.  She wanted the story in her first book lol.  It’s probably the proudest moment of her life. It’s literally step one of serial killer progression. Probably was a bed wetter. I wouldn’t be surprised if the publisher or her handlers canceled the book tour and she is furious about it

Animal cruelty, bedwetting, and fire starting.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29631500/#:~:text=The MacDonald triad posits that,and violent behavior in adults.

7 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Animal cruelty, bedwetting, and fire starting.

Yes, but what if her book presupposes is what if Cricket's Last Stand at Little GravelHorn was about Animal Fires, Bed Cruelty, and Wet Starting?  

I'm gonna go right now.  Wildcat, Wildcat, Wildcat.  Oh shit, that was the name of the Goat she shot.  Happy mother's day folks, we totally don't live in a computer simulation.  

With all these other lies coming out, I'm going back to my suspicion that she made up the dog-execution story because she thought it made her look like a leader.

I’ll cut her a little more slack on the goat. I’m assuming it wasn’t a pet and an old uncastrated goat probably does smell horrible.  She said it would piss on its own head to attract the ladies, and it was near impossible to get the smell out of the laundry.  And I can believe it probably did knock the children around.  So I guess if you decide to get out of the goat rearing business…

But she decided to kill the goat because she was on a rampage with the dog, and it was a stupid idea to put the story in a book.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Matuka said:

I’ll cut her a little more slack on the goat. I’m assuming it wasn’t a pet and an old uncastrated goat probably does smell horrible.  She said it would piss on its own head to attract the ladies, and it was near impossible to get the smell out of the laundry.  And I can believe it probably did knock the children around.  So I guess if you decide to get out of the goat rearing business…

But she decided to kill the goat because she was on a rampage with the dog, and it was a stupid idea to put the story in a book.

Why was the goat wearing clothes?

• Haha 9

20 minutes ago, Matuka said:

When I was a young man, I trained my black lab to retrieve dove.  Best damn dog I ever had, retrieved duck too.  I lived on the edge of town and had access to 20 acres of raw land to do the training.

One day I decided to buy a few guinea fowl because I thought they looked cool.  Bought em over lunch and put them in the back yard.  Dog figures out what’s going on and after I leave, gets out of his enclosure.  I come home and see the three bird carcasses in the yard with my dog just looking at me wagging his tail.  
It suddenly dawned on me that I was the dumbass, not the dog.  

Guinea fowl? Dog was wagging its tail because it knew it did you a favor. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And then she realized that the goat had seen the whole thing. 

It sounds like a "Family Guy" episode.  An almost locked-in VP nominee who could have very well ascended to be the first female POTUS in history, turned around and thought "Well we certainly can't have any loose ends or big mouthed goats who might talk to the press."  And then empties more rounds into more animals.  Think for a moment about all our differences on this board.  But think about the two things we have in common aside from the love of the Texas Longhorns.  We're fairly intelligent and we're quite demented.  In 1000 years, the thousands of posters on here could not have invented this timeline.  

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Btw I’m no hunting dog trainer or owner but if you train a dog, or try to train a dog, to go after birds then wouldn’t you expect them to go after chickens?  Especially if they aren’t trained well?

Wasn't it a Fox Terrier?  There are foxes in South Dakota, and quite abundant in the part of the state where her ranch is/was.  But to your point, it does beg the question, why get a breed not trained to be a working ranch dog but rather bred for other purposes, and then freak the fuck out when it just sees some random animal it doesn't know and defends itself?  And instead of teaching/training it to handle itself differently you just send it to the "Yellowstone Train Station"?  That don't make no sense!  It's almost akin to somebody breeding fighting pit bulls and acting all shocked and mortified when "Bring Your Service Dog to Work Day" at the pre-school doesn't turn out so great because the dog doesn't like sudden movements and that's all 4yo kids know how to do.  

4 hours ago, Matuka said:

Listened to a longer audiobook excerpt; she got mad and executed the dog for her own stupid mistakes.  A valued client group from Georgia that gave the family repeat business was about to go on their last hunt.  In preparation for the hunt, the family drives many birds into a particular parcel of land.  So what does Noem do?

She decides to introduce a dog with known training issues into the hunt, and the dog proceeds to screw up the last hunt of the trip for valued clients.  When the hunt is over and the dogs need to be transported back home, she is short a kennel, so Cricket is the only dog that wasn’t placed in a kennel.  She narrates in the book that she wouldn’t care if Cricket jumped out of the pickup bed on the way home.

Then she stops by a neighbor on the way home.  And the one dog she failed to secure in a kennel, the dog that just screwed a hunt by chasing birds all over the place, jumps out of the truck and proceeds to go ham on the neighbor’s pet chickens.  After apologizing and writing a check to the neighbor, she then puts Cricket in the cab of the truck instead of the bed.  Maybe she should have put the dog in the cab before she got to a place with birds milling about in the open.

So instead of reflecting on her screw ups, the dog is summarily executed.

That's what I always say.  There are no bad dogs, just bad owners.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've corrected you on this at least twice.  Cricket was a wire-haired pointer.

I apologize for not having your bizarre, though impressive, acumen for music and dog breeds.  But that it was a sporting dog group instead of a terrier working group breed makes the story even more insane.  If that’s possible.  

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

I apologize for not having your bizarre, though impressive, acumen for music and dog breeds.  But that it was a sporting dog group instead of a terrier working group breed makes the story even more insane.  If that’s possible.  

I'm far from a dog expert, I made the same mistake and only learned about it after reading about the story.

Agreed that I don't really see the need for a bird dog on a ranch, outside of frequent hunting "just because".

If you think about it, you need a bird dog to referee the Cock/Cuck Fight between her husband and her side affair dude.  Poor Cricket just confused and bit the nearest living creature.  

3 hours ago, Matuka said:

When I was a young man, I trained my black lab to retrieve dove.  Best damn dog I ever had, retrieved duck too.  I lived on the edge of town and had access to 20 acres of raw land to do the training.

One day I decided to buy a few guinea fowl because I thought they looked cool.  Bought em over lunch and put them in the back yard.  Dog figures out what’s going on and after I leave, gets out of his enclosure.  I come home and see the three bird carcasses in the yard with my dog just looking at me wagging his tail.  
It suddenly dawned on me that I was the dumbass, not the dog.  

In college I taught my lab to fetch beers out of the fridge.   Put a towel around the handle so she could open the door.  Even got her to the point of soft carrying the cans so she didn't puncture them.    One day I find a leftover container behind the couch.  Living with 5 poor college kids meant the food theft was out of control, but gotdamnit, they don't even throw out the trash afterwards?!  That thought lingered for about 30 seconds before I removed the towel from the fridge door.

I still chuckle thinking about all the food she was taking from the fridge.  If I had taught her to throw out empties, she would have never been caught.

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, locodos said:

In college I taught my lab to fetch beers out of the fridge.   Put a towel around the handle so she could open the door.  Even got her to the point of soft carrying the cans so she didn't puncture them.    One day I find a leftover container behind the couch.  Living with 5 poor college kids meant the food theft was out of control, but gotdamnit, they don't even throw out the trash afterwards?!  That thought lingered for about 30 seconds before I removed the towel from the fridge door.

I still chuckle thinking about all the food she was taking from the fridge.  If I had taught her to throw out empties, she would have never been caught.

Not as much as the dog was laughing when you guys were accusing each other of eating your food 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Matuka said:

She said it would piss on its own head to attract the ladies, and it was near impossible to get the smell out of the laundry.

I'm just having trouble figuring out the physics required here.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm far from a dog expert, I made the same mistake and only learned about it after reading about the story.

Agreed that I don't really see the need for a bird dog on a ranch, outside of frequent hunting "just because".

Upland bird hunting is a big deal in the Dakotas, KS, NE, etc.  Selling bird hunts is a nice way to supplement farming and ranching income.  Those bird dogs cover a lot of ground and do it very quickly.  For those of use that hunt, it’s a sight to behold seeing good bird dogs do their thing.