Dog Killer, Kristi Noem

Gil Bang

52 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Serous question, and not throwing stones, but have you ever considered getting a few hobbies? Golf, fly fishing, painting, writing, eating mushrooms and doing yoga, or helping the homeless*?

*This would expand your hard drug contacts for when 45 kicks

I fish and meditate to deal with my other issues.  I did do yoga for awhile, that's a good point...I need to bring that back into the rotation.  I volunteer through education/libraries, my wife's church, and community health care for marginalized populations to something probably on the order of about 20-30hrs/month.  I can't really handle drugs anymore because my other situation.  We also hike a lot.  Golf's too expensive and time consuming.  I swim quite a bit.  I have a handful of published essays.  And write quite a bit, again...to deal with my other shit.  There's really no fly fishing here in Austin, but thanks for the reminder to get back into yoga.  And not just the eye candy.  

My new high is fucking with bad people.  I kinda did it for business purposes for many years, but I didn't realize it's the perfect substitute for other addictions.  My god, the rush.........

I fish and meditate to deal with my other issues.  I did do yoga for awhile, that's a good point...I need to bring that back into the rotation.  I volunteer through education/libraries, my wife's church, and community health care for marginalized populations to something probably on the order of about 20-30hrs/month.  I can't really handle drugs anymore because my other situation.  We also hike a lot.  Golf's too expensive and time consuming.  I swim quite a bit.  I have a handful of published essays.  And write quite a bit, again...to deal with my other shit.  There's really no fly fishing here in Austin, but thanks for the reminder to get back into yoga.  And not just the eye candy.  
My new high is fucking with bad people.  I kinda did it for business purposes for many years, but I didn't realize it's the perfect substitute for other addictions.  My god, the rush.........

I can appreciate that then, carry on. At least the fucking with bad actors as a maybe healthy buzz.

Golf is too much of a time suck for a lot of family men.

You are a high motor odd cat to say the least. Take care of yourself and don't let one additional issue morph into others.

Motion is lotion, so keep on keeping on. I like Black Swan when I'm in town for yoga, and if you need yoga pants ladies as a motivator that's ground zero, but honestly it's just a great community despite being affiliated with Joe Rogan. My local studio didn't survive the pandemic and my health has been materially suboptimal since- just everything isn't quite as smooth. Home yoga isn't the same.

We absolutely have fly fishing here that's a good primer to even better waters and fun.

Biking scene is better than ever especially on trail gravel bike stuff if your inexperienced; mountain bike scene is insane with trails everywhere all levels.

Hiking season is about to come to a crashing hault - get it while it's (not) hot.

And try not to shoot any animals in the parking lot.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I am picturing you served a restraining order at said yoga studio for saying "Ladies, the Motion is Lotion or you get the hose again..."

I honestly never even knew we had fly fishing around here.  I was born and raised on freshwater fishing.  Done a little saltwater in the Gulf, Central American and Hawaii.  But never quite my jam because you typically go out in a large group.  I bike with the girls but they're still young so we can't go far.  Yeah, I just can't hike anymore in the heat like I used to but we've really taken advantage of this Spring for once.  

I will give Black swan a try for yoga, and the ass candy.  I'm actually in a much better place physically and mentally than I was two years ago.  Fucking with bad people is not an obsession, it's just a nice release and I seem to have a penchant for hitting nerves.  I dunno, I'll either be on a South Dakota watch list by Monday or invited by the tribal leaders to hang out on their lands for a few days as their guest.  The first truly awesome road trip I ever took with no adults was with two buddies from Chicago the SD Badlands.  Fucking amazing.  Started a wanderlust in me that has never faded away.  

And be kind to dogs, people! 

Posted (edited)

GOP politicians have mangled and warped conservative values to the point where they think this story would impress their voters. Really the most important angle of this Noem debacle, IMO. 

That's how little they think of you, R voters.  They think you're stupid. They think you are suckers. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

GOP politicians have mangled and warped conservative values to the point where they think this story would impress their voters. Really the most important angle of this Noem debacle, IMO. 

That's how little they think of you, R voters.  They think you're stupid. They think you are suckers. 

I believe republican politicians are wrong about just about everything.

However, their base is stupid. They are suckers.

I am in lock step with the GOP about that.

• Like 2

I think you all are wrong. If dear leader says its fine, the minions will fall in line with the "she's tough and makes tough decisions" story. I still think she's the pick.

I think she’s conflating representing South Dakota at a meeting with the leader of North Dakota, not North Korea.  

holy shit; you guys gotta check out genXers updates video on this.  It may be the most brilliant mashup of politics and Seinfeld in this site’s history.  And that’s saying something.  

I had a dog kill and eat a chicken. Then we trained him better and he never did it again. 

IMG_2710.thumb.jpeg.c0be1dd427dac95114291112e392b703.jpeg
scary murder dog in his Xmas jammies, supervising breakfast. 

We have one those dogs too…

025cdc28674dcce933de0023c024b887.jpeg
eddb85792dfdbf6efd80f42bbc96838d.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I had a couple of miniature dachshunds that killed a chicken that jumped over our back fence when I was a kid. The neighbor behind us that had the chickens just laughed and told us that he was sorry about all of the feathers. I had no idea that my life was in danger everyday as a child with those killers around.

image.thumb.png.699a161783264c49b54fd40a5e8e9409.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Can't find the link but apparently she says the dog was killed to "protect her kids" and that it happened 20 years ago. The quote from the book also says that the kids asked where the dog was.

Her oldest is 17.

So the whole thing is probably a lie she made up to appeal to MAGA. It blew up in her face and now she's changing the lie rather than walk it back. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Can't find the link but apparently she says the dog was killed to "protect her kids" and that it happened 20 years ago. The quote from the book also says that the kids asked where the dog was.

Her oldest is 17.

So the whole thing is probably a lie she made up to appeal to MAGA. It blew up in her face and now she's changing the lie rather than walk it back. 

The baby goats!  Those kids!  They “asked” about the dog, she intuited!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, The Dog said:

Her oldest is 17.

This part is not true. Her youngest is in college (I believe he is still in college) while the other two are out and worked on her campaign. Kristi even tried to get one of the daughters a real estate appraiser license the daughter wasn't qualified for. https://apnews.com/article/government-and-politics-kristi-noem-south-dakota-cd98c18117ab97c598e3618d15e4aa8b 

Edited by Mango4
  • Hook 'Em 5

9 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Cruelty is the point and apologies only show weakness. Kristi is working hard to showcase her bona fides for the orange one, yo.

Well…people in Colorado really love their dogs 

• Haha 1

https://do512.com/events/2024/7/5/sarah-mclachlan-fumbling-towards-ecstasy-30th-anniversary-tour-tickets?sc_src=email_820834&sc_lid=48571089&sc_uid=pZpnShJ9Yy&sc_llid=88741&sc_eh=0cf062b87ef7ff6f1&utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=email

Let's get out stories straight.  This concert invitation is going through a well known GOP fundraising/consulting group here in Austin.  Most of y'all would know someone who works there.  We are "hosting" an event for Gov. Noem in Austin in July.  Probably won't work, but there are actually lots of folks here in Texas who want to see her on the ticket.  I doubt I can pull off the ruse, but it's worth a try  

Another thing that came to mind. She was allegedly using the story to show how she can make tough decisions and follow through. She has to go back 20 years and not in the realm of politics to come up with an example of that?

• Hook 'Em 5

26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Well…people in Colorado really love their dogs 

“Threats?” I thought she was brave and willing to make tough decisions. She’s afraid of dog lovers?

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Jhawkmvp said:

Well, the good news for Noem is she will probably get many job offers from law enforcement if this politics thing stops working for her. 

50 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Doubtful, as Cricket was mostly white.

image.gif.fddbbf7fc7e03d9610a43c97563bd48a.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I love Foghorn Leghorn.  I’ve been using this video to make a point to my son about pissing at night

Funnier than the scene from "Maude" that ends with "Water on water is a terrible sound to hear, but water on porcelain is music to the ear".

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

“I’m so tough and brutal dictator Kim Jong Un totally underestimated me back there. Did you see that?”

”Ma’am, that was the cashier at Panda Express”

But Ma'am, this is an Arby's.  

Margaret Brennan went after Noem pretty hard on the Kim Jung Un story.   Noem looked like an ass trying to side step it.   Noem will complain later that the press doesn't want to talk about the issues, blah, blah, blah but she did not benefit at all from doing the interview.

22 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Margaret Brennan went after Noem pretty hard on the Kim Jung Un story.   Noem looked like an ass trying to side step it.   Noem will complain later that the press doesn't want to talk about the issues, blah, blah, blah but she did not benefit at all from doing the interview.

• Haha 7
  • Rage+1 1

Brennan asked Noem how was she able to do the audio book version as well.   Noem's whole "as soon as it was brought to my attention" is so farcical it's sad.  

• Hook 'Em 2