Week 4, 2023: Texas @ Baylor

Wulaw Horn

This Martinez kid is an undersized transfer from Northern Arizona. Looks like he threw 5 balls for them the other game. His numbers last season in FCS weren't good - shitty Y/A and 16 TDs to 8 picks.
If we lose to this kid tonight just shut the fucking program down. Seriously. There is no excuse for our D to not seriously fuck his weekend up.

I wouldn’t call RJ a nothing burger. I’ve seen plenty of his game at Westwood. He’s really smart with the ball, has a good arm, and he’s fast. Dismissing him as undersized is short-sighted. His overall numbers at NA were quality. There’s a reason Baylor took him

1 minute ago, SKA the boss said:

I wouldn’t call RJ a nothing burger. I’ve seen plenty of his game at Westwood. He’s really smart with the ball, has a good arm, and he’s fast. Dismissing him as undersized is short-sighted. His overall numbers at NA were quality. There’s a reason Baylor took him

I'm dismissing him because he isn't good. He wasn't highly recruited. He wasn't a sought after transfer. These are not "quality" numbers. I guess he threw the ball okay in 2021.

Screenshot_20230923_134032_Chrome.thumb.jpg.aae961d37c9ecb2e9a1b9a75101af433.jpg

Charles Wright is probably a better QB.

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean, is there a chance this scrub fucks us over because we're Texas? Of course. On paper this is not an advantageous matchup for Baylor.

It's been done successfully to us before by Mobilehoma with an unknown QB we had NO IDEA how to defend.

Jason White says, "Hi!"

Edited by BachelorTrek

I'm dismissing him because he isn't good. He wasn't highly recruited. He wasn't a sought after transfer. These are not "quality" numbers. I guess he threw the ball okay in 2021.
Screenshot_20230923_134032_Chrome.thumb.jpg.aae961d37c9ecb2e9a1b9a75101af433.jpg
Charles Wright is probably a better QB.

I guess Baylor thought a .650 completion % and close to 3k yds in 11 games was quality enough. But, yes, Texas should still handle the opponent regardless of our assessments.

23 minutes ago, Assman said:

I can't believe we're living in 2023 and there are still football stadiums that I can't buy beer in. Hell on earth.

Shit has come a long way.  In the early 90s there was like 2 college stadiums you could buy beer...I think UH at the Dome and CU.