Week 6, 2023: Red River shootout.

Wulaw Horn

On 10/5/2023 at 9:56 AM, Brisketexan said:

So, for real....it's been a long time since I've attended the game.  I usually hop over to I-45, so I'm approaching the fair from the Southeast, through that neighborhood.  Used to park on the field behind James Madison High school, I understand that's not in play any longer.  So...where to park over there that's reasonably safe/won't get my car windows busted in?

Gurley and Haskell

3 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

After we’ve beaten a team we kill the 4th quarter by running the ball downhill at a stacked box. Just ask Alabama about that. We don’t try to build anyone up with empty stats like Riley and Venables like to do.

I’d suggest running it down their throat for a quarter, them knowing full well it was coming, is more embarrassing than running it up.

Couldn’t do a thing. Spirit completely broken.

• Drool 3

6 hours ago, immamac said:

Up to 1260. Good shit. If everyone that came to surly today gave 10 one time we could pay brooks 50k just to put it into perspective how powerful you 10 contribution is when you don’t sit on the sidelines and let everyone else do it. 

Just added $50

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

I’d suggest running it down their throat for a quarter, them knowing full well it was coming, is more embarrassing than running it up.

Couldn’t do a thing. Spirit completely broken.

I want to see an OU team so mentally and physically broken by the 4th, we get those run plays that should net 2 yards but instead turn into a mass of OL and back pushing downfield for 10-15 yards at a time. Make them look like a Pop Warner defense.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

I want to see an OU team so mentally and physically broken by the 4th, we get those run plays that should net 2 yards but instead turn into a mass of OL and back pushing downfield for 10-15 yards at a time. Make them look like a Pop Warner defense.

Perhaps a bit like this?

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

You guys are hilarious if you think I’m a jinx. Major lulz at Brent Venables ever winning a big game as a HC. God couldn’t make that happen even if he wanted to

You’re not a jinx, your predictions just consistently suck shit….

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

I know people mock my predictions but mock this… ugly 10 point win for us tomorrow, and I think we fully put it together after that. This team is winnining the big 12 and going to the CFP where I think we have a real shot to win it all. No team in the country looks *that much* better than us. Get fucked America 🤘🏼

spacer.png

need to balance the karma out a bit after that shitty post 

• Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, immamac said:

From who exactly? I've been pushing his bmf campaign hard and we've raised a mere $710 I am reaching into all the ad Rev and tailgate donations and putting them in his pot. People aren't participating in NIL and the big Corp stuff is for people with pr teams and agents. Not kids from halletsville. 

Rich people aren't taking care of Brooks. You guys are. 

in for fiddy.  6 others and its treefiddy. pony up assholes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I donated when he ripped off that long run last game. I was drunk. I am at the ranch and just started in on the bourbon waiting for some piggies to come in. I will donate another $100 per pig I shoot tonight. I will document, who wants to match? Odds are high i get drunk and miss, but my average is 1.2 per sit I would guess. C'mon bitches.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Haven't read the entire thread yet, but got to that OB report about Venables working on the 3-3-5 because we've seemed to struggle with it at times.

Now - if I was Sark and there was a narrative out there that "the word is out on how to slow down Texas" like apparently Rice and Wyoming and whomever did, I'd purposely let that continue against opponents who we can beat easily without much adjustment.

Then - when we go up against ou and they think they know what to do to stop us, we come out SPECIFICALLY attacking that defensive philosophy and put them on their ass early.

Probably what the reports of "preparing for surprises" means.

• Drool 2

Anyone know for sure if you can enter the fair on the Pennsylvania Ave side; gate 7, 8, or 9, for example? I assume you can, they are listed as "gates" after all, but the parking map shows only shows gates 1-6 as pedestrian gates, so maybe those other gates are exit only?

I'm parking on that side and Gate 6 on MLK was a clusterfuck last year (admittedly we got there later than usual) so considering strategies to avoid and expedite entry.

2023_WEB_FairgroundsMap-1920x1228.jpg

Fair-Park-Dallas-Large-Map_2022-080314fd

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm just not sure how much you can scheme around this Texas team. At some point you're going to get punished on either side of the ball. If it was so easy to just dial some shit up against us then we probably wouldn't have been spanking everyone on the schedule so far. 

I mean Kansas is good. They are better than anyone that OU has played. And once that thing got out of hand it really got out of hand. They needed our kicker to miss a couple to not lose by 30.

Our opponents have shown that we can be had on the deep ball a few times per game. Say OU does that and gets 17 points out of it. Where are the other points coming from? Where are the stops going to come from? 

This is a very, very good Texas team and even though we're 5 games in the buy-in doesn't seem to be all the way there yet. People around the country are still waiting for us to trip up and almost lose or lose a game. The thing is... I'm just not sure this team is going to do that. With past Texas teams I've had to hype myself up or hype up the team that THIS week we turn it around or THIS week we put it all together but with these guys I just kind of... let them play football. Because it speaks for itself.

If the Texas team that played Bama, Baylor and Kansas shows up then OU has very little chance. I'm not sure why that team wouldn't show up - although it's possible that they don't. 

We just aren't getting the benefit of the doubt yet - and that's totally fair. But as someone that has watched this team play five full games, and that is still sort of doubting them, all I can say for our opponents is...

morgan-freeman-good-luck.gif.9f5c88ea1966bda53a70ace6ed384beb.gif

OU got beat 49-0 last season. You would assume they are going to come in prepared and hungry. I don't think they understand how good Texas is this year - and they aren't going to understand it until we kick off tomorrow morning. 

Just go take care of business, Horns. 

From your lips to God’s ears.