Week 6, 2023: Red River shootout.

Wulaw Horn

3 minutes ago, Constant said:

Case Mccoy lit our ass up, so we all know anything is possible. 

Our 2015 win against y’all was far weirder than 2013.

2013 team had a veteran offensive line, solid RBs in Malcolm Brown and pre-Achilles tear J Gray, and solid WRs. That defense was stacked with NFL talent and was clicking when Gerg came in and simplified the scheme (fuck Manny Diaz).

2015 was a smoking 1-4 crater coming off of a 50-7 loss to fucking TCU. Offensive line was a sieve and our QB room consisted of a WR and TE. Also, Charlie Strong…

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I’m not sure how anyone can have watched OU play Cincy and Iowa State and genuinely believe that is a defense that is capable of shutting down anyone with a pulse. Barring anyone with the last name Farrentz leading Texas out of the tunnel you can pretty much pencil in 35+ and 200 yards rushing as the minimum. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

2013 team had a veteran offensive line, solid RBs in Malcolm Brown and pre-Achilles tear J Gray, and solid WRs. That defense was stacked with NFL talent and was clicking when Gerg came in and simplified the scheme (fuck Manny Diaz).

2015 was a smoking 1-4 crater coming off of a 50-7 loss to fucking TCU. Offensive line was a sieve and our QB room consisted of a WR and TE. Also, Charlie Strong…

I get my nightmares confused. 

• Haha 7
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Dude 2015 was the biggest wtf win ever. OU gave up around 400 rush yards and we only had like 50 total passing yards.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Longboard Horn said:

Dude 2015 was the biggest wtf win ever. OU gave up around 400 rush yards and we only had like 50 total passing yards.

D Foreman, Heard, and Swoopes played lights out.

Young Poona Ford showed flashes of what’s to come in the future. I also remember Peter Jinkens and Malik Jefferson wreaking havoc. 

It was a true miracle.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

You didn’t even go to OU, you meth smoking moron. “Surly” you didn’t take any classes anywhere after you finished up your GED. I’d say you’re an embarrassment to Oklahoma, but you’re not. You most likely live in north Texas and if you moved to Oklahoma, you would raise the average IQ of both states.

Oh, I shit in your mom’s mouth last night because she asked nicely. That nasty bitch. Run along now. thoonerfans.com is missing an idiot. 

You seem like a really smart guy who definitely went to school and isn’t currently doing meth so I really hate to embarrass you like this - but my mom has been cremated the past 10 years. Now unfortunately, I’m questioning if you’ve ever been truthful about anything you’ve posted on this site or if it’s all been an endless string of lies. 

• Fuck You 36

15 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

We won that game because Norvell told us every play they were running

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Ur Daddy said:

You seem like a really smart guy who definitely went to school and isn’t currently doing meth so I really hate to embarrass you like this - but my mom has been cremated the past 10 years. Now unfortunately, I’m questioning if you’ve ever been truthful about anything you’ve posted on this site or if it’s all been an endless string of lies. 

Did he say your mom? I think he meant your wife. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Once the SP+ is updated (i.e. Iowa St and Cincy drop after their losses), none of ou's opponents will be in the top 50.  So, their stats don't mean anything.  Yeah, they beat up some city schools.  Cool.

I've watched three of their games.  Their offense looks legit.  But, there's no way they've fixed that defense in one offseason.  They've given up 350+ yards to 3 of their 5 awful opponents.  So, while they may or may not have a slight offensive edge (and I don't think running it up against patsies proves anything more than that your coach is a dick), we have a *huge* defensive edge.

Our O line has looked like professional maulers most of the time this season.  They're going to open holes for Brooks and Baxter, and they're going to give Quinn time, and ou can't cover any of our 3 best receivers, and if they do manage to get through on a blitz, Quinn will burn them with his new skinny feet.  And you know Sark has a few surprises up his sleeve for these guys.  We're going to score a lot of points on Saturday.

Plus, as much as they want to beat us after what we did last year, that works both ways.  If we jump on them early, the weight on their shoulders will be unbearable.  We just can't get blown out by Texas again!  Oh, yes, you can.

Everything points to us fucking them up.

I'll say, conservatively, Texas wins 34-20.  But, I think it can be much worse than that.  Name one position group on the field where they're better than we are?

Also, fuck ou.

Stats don’t mean anything either way. Especially in this game. Swoopsdozer skull fucked blowU a few years ago. This one is about who’s got that dawg in ‘em. 

Sark when asked about red zone stats used air quotation fingers when saying “stats” and talked about how you can get stats that say anything it don’t fucking matter. 

Fuck OU

• Hook 'Em 6

best fucking Texas defense since Bubba Jacques picked up the football and ran it back for the only score. If you can't look at our front 7 and see total train wreck domination in OU's backfield I don't know what to tell you. it'll be closer than the LOS suggests, much like the bama game.  OU will keep it close, 4th Qtr Texas runs their asses over.  21-17 to start the 4th quarter, game ends 31-20, Texas on top.

can't find a video of that fumble recovery or I'd post it too.

fuck ou. been a long time since Texas could walk in confident with something meaningful on the line. let's make 'em eat shit.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, troph said:

best fucking Texas defense since Bubba Jacques picked up the football and ran it back for the only score. If you can't look at our front 7 and see total train wreck domination in OU's backfield I don't know what to tell you. it'll be closer than the LOS suggests, much like the bama game.  OU will keep it close, 4th Qtr Texas runs their asses over.  21-17 to start the 4th quarter, game ends 31-20, Texas on top.

fuck ou. been a long time since Texas could walk in confident with something meaningful on the line. let's make 'em eat shit.

15 second mark, the recap of the scoop n score from 1991. This is the only video evidence of that game on the internet because it is so forgettable 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

This is exactly why everyone should be a bit nervous about this game. Confident, but nervous. The 2013 and 2015 Longhorns had no business winning those games.

everyone spouting this or that / this or that is wasting pixels and bandwidth

FAIR PARK

WEIRD SHIT HAPPENS THERE

throw the records out

who wants it more?

it's a fucking street fight

and we have yet to see rig fuckery

the rig blames us, not landtheif

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

that film was false.  the video is false.   stupid film.   permian/carter was a semi not the final.   played at dkr and not the astrodome as portrayed in the film.

And Dallas Carter isn't in East Texas.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Point of order on this thread - this isn’t a revenge game, there isn’t a risk of Texas not being ready or up for this game, and if you have to wring hands about the readiness of a team that has beaten 5 opponents who have a combined record of 17-3 against opponents not named Texas, maybe find somewhere private to do such things. We don’t need any further pussying up of this thread from coelenterates. 

parcells

pirate

mora

28 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

15 second mark, the recap of the scoop n score from 1991. This is the only video evidence of that game on the internet because it is so forgettable 

You deserve to win the rep count today. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, USNALonghorn said:

and this is exactly why i will not stand down in the face of the enchubbened CTJ army

may we all rejoice in a confirmed emergence from the wilderness at 4pm on saturday

until that moment is confirmed, the banana is still in the tailpipe

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ITHorn said:

I’m not sure how anyone can have watched OU play Cincy and Iowa State and genuinely believe that is a defense that is capable of shutting down anyone with a pulse. Barring anyone with the last name Farrentz leading Texas out of the tunnel you can pretty much pencil in 35+ and 200 yards rushing as the minimum. 

i don't know how anyone could have watched barn futility @ aggy and genuinely believed that uga wasn't going to shit all over barn's field to the tune of a 5-score win

50 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Stats don’t mean anything either way. Especially in this game. Swoopsdozer skull fucked blowU a few years ago. This one is about who’s got that dawg in ‘em. 
Sark when asked about red zone stats used air quotation fingers when saying “stats” and talked about how you can get stats that say anything it don’t fucking matter. 
Fuck OU

it's 243pm and 0u still sux

48 minutes ago, troph said:

this is a good post

you cite credible facts without guaranteeing a result in a venue where the football gods play havoc and loose the dogs of war

• Hook 'Em 1

everyone spouting this or that / this or that is wasting pixels and bandwidth
FAIR PARK
WEIRD SHIT HAPPENS THERE
throw the records out
who wants it more?
it's a fucking street fight
and we have yet to see rig fuckery
the rig blames us, not landtheif

Yeah. We know. We used to hang on to the same slithers of cliche and false hope when we knew deep down we were gonna get violated without lube.

13 minutes ago, troph said:

100% this. Shoe is on the other foot bitches. OU has a theoretical path to victory invoking “throw out the stats, it’s a rivalry game, and shit can happen at fair park” but that’s not our game this time. Our game is confident walk in and bash their mouth breathing skulls into the grass.  Fuck the stats just dominate them.

Randy Savage Yes GIF by WWE

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

1996 in OT. Oklahoma was 0-4... it's their only wtf win in the series

this.  while I am sure there a couple others, Texas OU is rather predictable.  Texas has lots of upsets while OU has few.  If Texas is the favorite by a reasonable ranking/margin they are likely winning.

This happens because OU is usually coming into the game undefeated or one loss at the most.  Texas usually has enough horses but save Gibbs/Blake/Schnelly years they've had better or at least equal coaches(or cheating switzer).  sometimes the horses are good enough for the upset.

We have the horses and at least equivalent coaches.  This game will tell us a lot.

Even more so because of the quality of the OU teams. 2013 OU was, what, like 8-4? 2013 Texas was a half in Waco away from a Big 12 championship. Meanwhile 2015 OU was an 11-1 playoff team led by a future Heisman trophy winner and #1 pick.

100% this. Shoe is on the other foot bitches. OU has a theoretical path to victory invoking “throw out the stats, it’s a rivalry game, and shit can happen at fair park” but that’s not our game this time. Our game is confident walk in and bash their mouth breathing skulls into the grass.  Fuck the stats just dominate them.

It’s damn nice to be in this position, that’s for sure.
this.  while I am sure there a couple others, Texas OU is rather predictable.  Texas has lots of upsets while OU has few.  If Texas is the favorite by a reasonable ranking/margin they are likely winning.
This happens because OU is usually coming into the game undefeated or one loss at the most.  Texas usually has enough horses but save Gibbs/Blake/Schnelly years they've had better or at least equal coaches(or cheating switzer).  sometimes the horses are good enough for the upset.
We have the horses and at least equivalent coaches.  This game will tell us a lot.

I feel like this is a function of OU simply being favored more often. I’m not going to go do the homework on that though.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I feel like this is a function of OU simply being favored more often. I’m not going to go do the homework on that though.

yes, correct but in many cases we are lowly ranked or unranked(recently). They came in unbeaten a lot because they played shitty OOC and the Big 8 was really the Big 2.5.

OU badly, badly want revenge for the dick stomping we gave them last year.  Every extra rep, every extra stair or lap for the Sooners was focused the last year on trying to erase the memory of the brutality of last years loss.  They want it so bad they can taste it!

But alas, they are gonna take it in the ass...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Best game for me was the stonie Clark goal line smash for the win. I was like 15 and my dad(rip) took me. What a great day. He bought me a beer and a corn dog then bought like 200 tickets and said go have fun, I met a chick and made out with her and got some light over the shirt tit action. 

This Saturday I get to take MY 15 year old son to his second consecutive game. We’re gonna win. Just sit back and enjoy the week and go watch some old games and laugh at ou. Sure it’s a rivalry and anything can happen but this team is special and ou is just special so I got 38-17 Texas. Bite a curb ou shit heels.

So... are you going to buy him a beer and corndog? I don't want to hear/see about the incestuous kissing and grabbing of your moobs. 

I keed I kid