Week 6, 2023: Red River shootout.

Wulaw Horn

27 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

There’s a (highly regarded) narrative out there that we are 2022 TCU so far because we’ve faced 3 back up QBs. Let’s put that to bed this weekend. 

We've faced 3 backup QBs because the starting QBs were scared to play us.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Peasley and Shapen magically got better enough to play the week after we played their team.

Daniels wakes up on game day and is like, "fuck that, ohh my back hurts" 

He'll magically be good to go whenever they play next.

This right here is how you get my dick hard about this team.

8 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Dipshits on Twitter, obviously 

Was gonna say…

because I’ve listened to most of the respected podcasts and none of them have said anything remotely close to Texas is the 2022 TCU. They’ve all given us props and stated we have an argument to be ranked #1. 

For me, the best compliment I keep hearing is this Texas team actually does what it’s supposed to do against worse competition (compared to previous years) and actually puts teams away in the 2nd half like they are supposed to. 

• Hook 'Em 9

There’s a (highly regarded) narrative out there that we are 2022 TCU so far because we’ve faced 3 back up QBs. Let’s put that to bed this weekend. 
That's beyond highly regarded. Saying those who believe that have a room temp IQ would be generous.

Hell, someone here made the 2022 TCU connection and I asked about it. Insufficiently motivated to search for it but I don’t think there was a response. 
There’s no idea so stupid that someone on Twitter isn’t seriously pushing it as true. 
No response because there wasn't enough brain activity to tell their fingers which keys to hit for a witty reply.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I think Texas is the better all around team and should win. However, this is the best offense we have played by a mile. And it is the RRS so weird shit can happen. I hope the team has put 49-0 behind them understanding that has nothing to do with this year except that it can get them beat if they do not focus. However, I do like the maturity of this team so I expect OU of 2023 has their full attention without any thought of 2022. 

4 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

However, this is the best offense we have played by a mile.

This.  All BS aside it's a great matchup.   Really want to see how PK gameplans these guys.  The easy analysis is "Texas is vulnerable to the deep ball" and while we could have played several of those a lot better, we have also been intentionally putting our secondary in 1 on 1 matchups because we haven't played a QB that can actually beat us throwing the ball over 4 quarters.   We aren't going to be stacking the LOS this week like we did against KU's triple option.  Probably a lot of drop coverage with occasional blitzes from different directions.  The knock on DG is he panics/folds when playing a good defense.   Need to frustrate him this week and see if that trend continues.

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

However, this is the best offense we have played by a mile. 

Probably right but OU has played nowhere near the level of defense as Texas. Here are the defensive efficiency rankings of teams OU has played. 

Arkansas State #120

SMU #33

Tulsa #90

Cincy #70

Iowa State #63

The only team OU has played with a pulse on defense is SMU and they held OU to 28 points and only 365 yards of offense. 

• Hook 'Em 7

6 hours ago, Ur Daddy said:

You seem like a really smart guy who definitely went to school and isn’t currently doing meth so I really hate to embarrass you like this - but my mom has been cremated the past 10 years. Now unfortunately, I’m questioning if you’ve ever been truthful about anything you’ve posted on this site or if it’s all been an endless string of lies. 

grades a very poor effort GIF by 3 Doors Down

55 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea, like I said, highly regarded. That TCU team needed a fuck ton of luck to beat some of those teams not at full strength. We’re dominating everyone. But let’s squash it anyways. 

No one seemed to put an asterisk beating us with our backup in last year. Plus we’ve won each of those games by at least 21 points.

Let them keep hating. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Well, if we make it to the title game thanks to backup QBs, that’s fine with me. Because I know no one is going to buttfuck this team the way TCU got beat in that game.
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This OU team can’t run the ball for shit and they have serious OL problems. Anyone saying they have a great offense hasn’t watched them and hasn’t reviewed their data and opponents. 

This is what they averaged per rush in the games so far.

Arkansas State - 4.5 (high mark on the year)

SMU - 4.0

Tulsa - 4.3

Cincy - 3.0

ISU - 3.8

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

I'm all for being 2022 TCU. Means we are in the national championship game. But the difference is, Texas isn't TCU and isn't getting beat by 60 in that game because they actually have the speed and talent to match up with anyone who gets there. You don't apologize for any wins. Win and move on.

• Hook 'Em 4

13 hours ago, Thatguy said:

@Doc Daneeka is just tired of the bullshit fans who spent the last two years shoveling shit on the entire staff, QB, and everyone else. I saw a motherfucker in the KU game thread saying QE can't read defenses? Really? The guy who has the second most throws without a pick suddenly can't read a defense? Like coach Sanders says we are keeping receipts. Now we are 5-0 rolling into OU like old times and these mfers want o pull their pom-poms out like they were on the wagon the whole time. I feel him!!

Lol that me!

19 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

csb

There was an actual shootout in Red River, NM this past spring during their Memorial Day motorcycle rally. 3 dead and 5 injured.

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/red-river-shooting-puts-spotlight-on-biker-gangs/article_20bbdabc-ffd9-11ed-b737-13b7088ed220.html

let those cocksuckers kill each other. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Texas has a better roster and a better coaching staff… But this game rarely conforms to reason — a Charlie Strong team with Jerrod Heard at QB got a W.

It's the greatest rivalry in the sport. 

I'm not a fan every year when Texas fans dismiss them. Fuck-ass shit happens in this game. Survive with a W you've done your job. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Peasley and Shapen magically got better enough to play the week after we played their team.
Daniels wakes up on game day and is like, "fuck that, ohh my back hurts" 
He'll magically be good to go whenever they play next.

This is one of the dumbest things I’ve read on here in a while.

Peasley was wisely held out of a buy-a-win nonconference game to make sure he was healthy for conference play.

Shapen was declared out for the Texas game weeks before.

Jalon Daniels did not quit on a conference game because he got to DKR and discovered Texas is bigger and faster than Kansas. His team was undefeated and ranked, and a strong showing for him personally could help advance his career.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I feel good about our chances in this one, but this game has a tendency to go against expectation (several times in our favor), so I'm definitely nervous.

ESPN Gameday has been to this game in 01, 02, 08, 09, 11, 18, 21, and 23, which is a decent indicator of the "biggest" recent matchups in the series. I couldn't quickly find what the point spreads were in 2001 and 2002 (assume they were pretty close), but other than 2009, Texas was the underdog in all the others until 2023. So it's an unusual feeling going into Saturday of a "big" RRS as the clear favorite.

5 hours ago, dcar00 said:

yes, correct but in many cases we are lowly ranked or unranked(recently). They came in unbeaten a lot because they played shitty OOC and the Big 8 was really the Big 2.5.

I’m glad you said Big 8 because that is not true since the Big 12.

Home & home with Notre Dame (1st year being ND’s NC game year), Tennessee w Josh Dobbs who just kicked the piss out of our Cowboys, Ohio State, UCLA (better than Maryland), Nebraska, Miami, Oregon, Florida State, Alabama, BYU, Cincinatti (Brian Kelly).

OU has had the lions share of major OOC games the past 20 years.

im too lazy to look up Big 8 years, so I’ll just have to take your word on that for now.

• Fuck You 2

5 hours ago, dcar00 said:

yes, correct but in many cases we are lowly ranked or unranked(recently). They came in unbeaten a lot because they played shitty OOC and the Big 8 was really the Big 2.5.

To be accurate, Big 8 was "Oklahoma and the Seven Dwarves" until Bob Devaney arrived, I think early 60's.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

This is one of the dumbest things I’ve read on here in a while.

Peasley was wisely held out of a buy-a-win nonconference game to make sure he was healthy for conference play.

Shapen was declared out for the Texas game weeks before.

Jalon Daniels did not quit on a conference game because he got to DKR and discovered Texas is bigger and faster than Kansas. His team was undefeated and ranked, and a strong showing for him personally could help advance his career.

This made me laugh out loud. It's hidden gems like this that keep me coming back to this site. Well done, buddy.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

Was gonna say…

because I’ve listened to most of the respected podcasts and none of them have said anything remotely close to Texas is the 2022 TCU. They’ve all given us props and stated we have an argument to be ranked #1. 

For me, the best compliment I keep hearing is this Texas team actually does what it’s supposed to do against worse competition (compared to previous years) and actually puts teams away in the 2nd half like they are supposed to. 

Win this weekend (especially convincingly) and Texas might be ranked 1. 

• Fuck You 1

24 minutes ago, Atticus said:

This made me laugh out loud. It's hidden gems like this that keep me coming back to this site. Well done, buddy.

I wouldn't worry about it he's one of the biggest vaginas on this site. 

Pretty sure he ranked us 5th on his Surly top 25 ballot. 

24 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Thanks, what can I say? Mobile be like that sometimes.

Now if you have a good recommendation on where to fix my sarcasm meter, I'd appreciate it.

3 hours ago, Skipper said:

This.  All BS aside it's a great matchup.   Really want to see how PK gameplans these guys.  The easy analysis is "Texas is vulnerable to the deep ball" and while we could have played several of those a lot better, we have also been intentionally putting our secondary in 1 on 1 matchups because we haven't played a QB that can actually beat us throwing the ball over 4 quarters.   We aren't going to be stacking the LOS this week like we did against KU's triple option.  Probably a lot of drop coverage with occasional blitzes from different directions.  The knock on DG is he panics/folds when playing a good defense.   Need to frustrate him this week and see if that trend continues.

The one thing their QB can do is beat you when you give him time in the pocket.  If we keep him under pressure it’s over. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

OU is ranked #3 in the nation in scoring offense at 47 ppg. While that number includes a 73 point outlier against Ark State, this is a potent offense that can put points on the board in a hurry.

They scored 28 points against the only top 60 defense they've played. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1