Week 6, 2023: Red River shootout.

Wulaw Horn

2 hours ago, Acropora said:

Let the tears flow.  Flying in to watch ou sucks.  Sooner tears and corn dogs.  Breakfast of champions.  

I predict it'll be close for a half, the trailer trash gets excited, and then Texas opens up a 21 point lead in the 3rd and keeps scoring.  

FKiSEXoWYAckgt9.jpeg

FKiSEXlXsAkkvap.jpeg

She’s upset she didn’t eat him sooner and he’s upset he’s about to be eaten.  

How bad is Sander’s ankle? 

Definitely waiting for the deets on this before jumping into the prediction thread. He is a huge matchup problem for OU.

Almost any outcome is on the table in this game to begin with, and especially with the up and down nature of the Texas offense. That’s really what it comes down to for me. If both teams play their A game Texas is better, hence the line being set where it is. I think the spread may even be a little low in a true A game vs A game scenario.

I think the downside in this game is entirely internal - what Texas team and Sark are you going to get? OU is going to come out with their hair on fire after last year and will throw the kitchen sink at Texas with their game plan. They will play their best game of the year and they will crawl over broken glass to win. Can Texas match that? Will they execute or will they be dropping passes, sailing throws, and taking dumb pre snap penalties? How slow of a start do they have with their first 11am kick?

10 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
1 hour ago, kevwun said:
How bad is Sander’s ankle? 

Will be back for OU per Sark's post-game presser. To what level he will be is up to JT's body and how it heals but no structural, bones, or ligament issues.

He said they’re hoping for that but don’t know how he’ll respond to treatment. 

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Gamesmanship. He was running up and down the sidelines. It will be stiff for the first half of the week and he will be able to go by Saturday. 

That may well be true. I’m simply saying that Sarkisian didn’t say he’d be back for OU.

You should attempt to pee standing up some day. I think you will like it, even if it is a little scary it will also be very exciting for you. 

But there’s just something magical about feeling the old, rusted toilet seats of the Cotton Bowl pressed up against your ass.
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Ur Daddy said:

Look guys, I get it… rivalry week, go crazy, blah blah blah. However, is someone going to get this guy some help? Surly someone on here knows him personally and talk him into seeing a professional. The guy probably has a wife and kids at home that are pulling their hair out.  Geeze louise…

He, can you delouse your trailer before you cross the Red River, please?

Or, just stay up there in your own shithole state.

Thanks.  Eat some shit.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 2

They are an untested gaggle coached by the likes of Venables and his comfort hires-- maybe 3 good coaches on the staff. We have beaten everyone we've played by double digits, including handing most of our opponents their only loss. We are a tough, unified team that plays better as the game goes on. Last year OU quit in spectacular fashion. And Texas is supposed to be the team concerned about the mental aspect of this game? Really? I know we've been in the desert a long time, but try to step back and see.

Edited by Magus Ossis
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

What’s the word on JT Sanders? 

Strictly in person observation:

He went into the pop up tent without any help;

He came out of it without any wrap or brace or anything. Walked around on the sideline normally until halftime.

Forgot to check how he looked going into locker room.

Must have been in street clothes 2nd half..lost track of him.

Just now, MirrOlure said:

Strictly in person observation:

He went into the pop up tent without any help;

He came out of it without any wrap or brace or anything. Walked around on the sideline normally until halftime.

Forgot to check how he looked going into locker room.

Must have been in street clothes 2nd half..lost track of him.

They showed him on the sideline 2nd half in street clothes. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What’s the word on JT Sanders? 

Sark said after the game that he is optimistic that JT will be available for oklahoma. He said it is nothing structural. No broken bones or torn ligaments. But he said it will depend on how Sanders recovers during the week.

• Like 1

If we don’t F around we win by 10+ easily. They’ll get a late touchdown down 20 or so to pull closer. I haven’t felt this confident in a long time.

JT will be ready. I think he could’ve come back in yesterday but coach knew this one was in our hands.

Just like every year vs ou, we will show some new wrinkles on offense. Just watch. I can’t wait.

• Hook 'Em 3

One of the keys for this game is whether each team has faced an equivalent or better unit yet. For Texas, outside of QB and maybe LB, the answer is undoubtably yes. For OU, the answer is no outside of special teams. Given how OU coached last year against teams with similar or more talent, that’s a huge advantage. 

• Like 1

I'll be shocked if we score less than 40 against these guys. I also don't see the defense giving up more than 20. They don't have the nuclear guy you have to really scheme for. Farooq is their best deep threat, and Anderson has a good combination of size and speed. Stoops is shifty and has good rapport with Gabriel. Brenen Thompson might see some more action against us, but he's still 5'8-5'9 with questionable hands.

Gabriel is about as athletic in the pocket as Wyoming's guy, but much smaller. We get pressure, we win. 

I don't think their running game is gonna find much success against us, we may even be able to stop it with a lighter box.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

I'll say, conservatively, Texas wins 34-20.  But, I think it can be much worse than that.  Name one position group on the field where they're better than we are?

Also, fuck ou.

I agree we are going to kick ou sucks's ass.

But to answer your question, kicker (I assume)

Bert

Final score is all that matters yada yada…

Need better playcalling/execution in the offensive third; four first-half drives yesterday inside the Kansas 30 and only managed six points, inexcusable.

Not an Xs and Os guy, so hopefully someone who is can weigh in, but I was surprised at the comparative sack/TFL numbers yesterday. Expected better on both sides of the ball.

• Hook 'Em 1