Jalen Fucking Catalon

jw4381

I thought he was gonna decapitate Bean on their first TD, the one where Bean fumbled it and their player scooped it up and scored. I felt a bit sorry for the guy. 

Yeah, he rocked the shit out of Bean. I feel like that’s part of the reason Kansas went away from the qb run game.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Yeah, he rocked the shit out of Bean. I feel like that’s part of the reason Kansas went away from the qb run game.

It definitely made Bean think twice before scrambling. There was the one third down where it looked like Bean had enough open field in front of him to run for the first down but then cut it to the side away from everyone as if to try and get out of bounds and ended up short. I think he was trying to avoid taking another shot there.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

He can still play. Sark made the decision to help the kids who enter the portal out with the bad timing of portal season for playoff teams. Now whether they'll trust him enough to put him out there is another story. Also whether he chooses to stay. 

Sark's player friendly approach will benefit us in the long run. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Sleepygrad said:

he transfers to Texas for one season and we have a chance to play for a NC and he's bailing?

Don't know if he's bailing on the playoffs. He can still be with the team until the end of the season if he wants. 

The portal opened yesterday, is open for a month, and almost 1200 dudes entered it day 1. These guys need to be able to declare for it early if they want a chance at a good landing spot. That's just their reality it doesn't mean they're quitting on this team that's making the playoffs. They have to move now or else wait until spring portal period when spots might be fewer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Catalon returned for Iowa State but has played very little since then. 

I think it was definitely a mutual parting. Why waste reps on a guy that's injured every other quarter? 

Yeah I don't follow this stuff close enough to know but Ricky and some others educated me on Catalon yesterday after I was pissed at him for leaving.

Seems more like he was gently guided to the door because Sark and the staff think they can upgrade at the position.

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

He was allegedly healthy for Okie Lite.  Zero snaps.  It seems Sark has sent him a message.

Seems odd to me because he seemed pretty good at the start of the year but who knows what goes on behind the scenes?

Maybe he was talking shit about his replacements instead of supporting them or something.

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

He was allegedly healthy for Okie Lite.  Zero snaps.  It seems Sark has sent him a message.

I don't think it's any message. Sark has just given up on a dude that's never healthy. Play guys that are going to help you long-term and give them reps. Do you want Williams getting valuable experience or a dude playing that's likely going to be injured before the playoffs even start? 

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I don't think it's any message. Sark has just given up on a dude that's never healthy. Play guys that are going to help you long-term and give them reps. Do you want Williams getting valuable experience or a dude playing that's likely going to be injured before the playoffs even start? 

Well, if Williams can't play in the first half . . .

I don't disagree with your basic premise, though.

Yeah I don't follow this stuff close enough to know but Ricky and some others educated me on Catalon yesterday after I was pissed at him for leaving.

Seems more like he was gently guided to the door because Sark and the staff think they can upgrade at the position.

The only way I could see him being “guided out” is that he’s a locker room problem and bad culture fit. Even with the injury history, he could have been a solid backup for us the 30% of the time he’s healthy.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

The only way I could see him being “guided out” is that he’s a locker room problem and bad culture fit. Even with the injury history, he could have been a solid backup for us the 30% of the time he’s healthy.

I’m thinking it was something more like this than the injuries. Sark isn’t showing Isaiah Neyor the door, and that dude is basically the Ghost of Shipley. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, if Williams can't play in the first half . . .

I don't disagree with your basic premise, though.

Didn't someone post here the other day that the targeting penalties from the regular season can be served on the next regular season game (next year)?

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, I've seen both claims.  I have no idea what the actual rule is.

Been asking this on a couple other forums. Can't find anything in the rule that answers it. Most believe he will serve the suspension in the Sugar Bowl. Some say the B12 game is not a regular season game and it goes on 1st game next year. IMO, especially since we appealed it, the penalty will be accessed in the Sugar Bowl.