Texas vs ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

Jaylan Ford seemed to take terrible angles whenever Dillon Gabriel scrambled. Was that on him having a bad game, or was he just put in a really bad spot? From my point of view, I thought he played his worst game in multiple years. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Ewers played great. Not great enough to overcome everything else, but still great.

Our oline was terrible, our pass rush was terrible. Our coverage was terrible.

Come on man, Ewers did not play great. He had his moments but definitely wasn’t anything special. JMO

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Why are so many smart people under the delusion SEC refs will be more fair than Big 12?

They won't be. Geez.

They called holding on Alabama that overturned a touchdown. 

When's the last time they called holding on OU against us ever? It's been like 8 years in a row we get no calls and they just obviously hold. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Monahorns said:

Longhorn fans been saying this since 2011.

Maybe.  I’ve been watching all those years and this is the closest I’ve seen to early 2000s.  We only truly dominated in 2005.. we got blown out a few times by OU just before that.  This team is a marked improvement over anything I’ve seen here since 2012.  Including the 2018 team that beat UGA…

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

We all know that the prevent defense is garbage.  Are there any coaches out there who feel the same?  Iow, doesn't a coach with a brain tell PK, hey just run regular defense out there?  Pretend the score is tied.

Just waiting for Sark's interviews where he drops "right" after every sentence while explaining his reasoning. 

Edited by Deej

2 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Roberson played relatively well. I agree that Ewers fucked up.

I don't disagree though. PK seemed to lose his way in the second half. But players also fucked up plenty in execution. Ant Hill got enticed to go deep on cover instead of spying Gabriel, who scrambled up the middle for a huge 1st down conversion. Freshman mistake and he's taking his lumps and us along with him as he learns the position. Ford on the same drive, in contrast, was where he was supposed to be but looked like he was stuck in gumbo and couldn't make the tackle. If Ant had been in on that play, and IF he was in the same position (big if) he makes that tackle. He was a tackling beast when he read plays correctly.

Brooks didn't have a great game either. That PI penalty was inexcusable. I applaud them when it saves a TD, but there was no reason for him to make contact on that play. There really were a lot of critical failures by players in this game, any one of which, may have made the difference.

It didn't help that OU was able to hold with impunity for most of the game, but we expect that. Has always been so in this game.

3 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

We all know that the prevent defense is garbage.  Are there any coaches out there who feel the same?  Iow, doesn't a coach with a brain tell PK, hey just run regular defense out there?  Pretend the score is tied.

words of wisdom. Prevent D hasn't worked since the inception in the 1980s , pro or college. it's idiotic. 

• Rage+1 1

Just now, NoRagrets said:

Sometimes you have a good plan, sometimes you don’t. We didn’t on offense in the first half. We didn’t on defense the whole game.

Also, I thought Jaylon Ford played horrible. He whiffed on several tackles and just looked lost at times.  

Yeah. Very uncharacteristic for him.

And frankly the whole unit was bad. As somebody who has been a big fan of PK's defense all year this was a shit sandwich.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pancho said:

The problem is the big 12 sucks so bad there’s no guarantee if we beat ou in the title game, we go to the playoff;

This is it here. We won’t get in unless OU drops one and loses to us in big12 and we gotta hope the pac doesn’t go undefeated 

3 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

We didn’t collapse the pocket once all game…

This of course is emotional bull shit and not true. There was a stretch at the end of the 3rd/beginning of the 4th where we changed our approach and it greatly affected Gabriel. It also resulted in a few batted balls. We adjusted from our soft zone and played more aggressive sending blitzers in and it literally changed the game. Then with everything on the line we reverted to thing that did not work earlier. 

Just insanely stupid to revert back to that shit at the critical moment. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

The problem is the big 12 sucks so bad there’s no guarantee if we beat ou in the title game, we go to the playoff;

Yeah well I will take a 12-1 Big 12 champion who doesn't go to the playoffs. That would be fine after these long years of shit.

3 minutes ago, Richter said:

Maybe.  I’ve been watching all those years and this is the closest I’ve seen to early 2000s.  We only truly dominated in 2005.. we got blown out a few times by OU just before that.  This team is a marked improvement over anything I’ve seen here since 2012.  Including the 2018 team that beat UGA…

Did you forget the 2008 team?  They dominated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sal said:

Jaylan Ford seemed to take terrible angles whenever Dillon Gabriel scrambled. Was that on him having a bad game, or was he just put in a really bad spot? From my point of view, I thought he played his worst game in multiple years. 

it doesn't matter what point of view you have Ford went from All America candidate to looking like a high schooler and if he was hurt enough to play like that he shouldn't have been out there and if he wasn't hurt than what the fuck.

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Ewers played great. Not great enough to overcome everything else, but still great.

Our oline was terrible, our pass rush was terrible. Our coverage was terrible.

Ewers played great if you ignore his 3 turnovers.  Those were not great.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pancho said:

There is no universe in which a 12-1 Texas Big12 champs misses the CFP. They want us bad.
Today sucked, but really only thing preventing us is us.

• Haha 2

I really wish y’all would STFU about winning out, Big 12 championship, playoffs. 

The Team Texas ran out today has at least 2 more losses coming up, no pressure, couldn’t score in the red zone, turnovers and bad play calling. Getting bitched on both lines of scrimmage and getting exposed in the secondary. 

we need to worry about just beating Houston at this point. One good thing about games like this, it shows you where your holes are, not just for the players but the coaches.. On the first INT the CB wasn’t even fazed by Mitchell running pass him, he sit on that slant and picked it.  OU was very well prepared.  Sark and the coaching staff needs to be better. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Great game, terrible start, and 1st quarter. It felt like they simply played 4 better quarters of football. If we don't whiff the start, I think we win the game. It still feels like we are the better team and when we play them for the Big 12 championship, we leave with league with the crown. #HookEm! 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Zeus said:

They called holding on Alabama that overturned a touchdown. 

When's the last time they called holding on OU against us ever? It's been like 8 years in a row we get no calls and they just obviously hold. 

I don't even get mad about OU holding anymore.  They've done it and gotten away with it for so long, it's just SOP now.

What pisses me off is the one-sided way holding is called.  If Texas were to start holding against OU in retaliation, you better believe the Rig XII zebras would be all up in our shit.

• Hook 'Em 2