Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Fuck you.  Sincerely.  Fuck you.  You're so fucking stupid that you can't even spell the word right.

Yeah...reading glasses, auto correct. Whatever. I'll shut up now. But...was it not you who said Jews are fighting for the land of Israel because they believe "god likes them better"?

Edited by Chopper

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

Was it not you who said Jews are fighting for the land of Israel because they believe "god likes them better"? You're a twisted, demented, racist fuck.

This is twice in two days someone has been called anti semitic for posts decrying religion broadly. 

I’ll gladly hold up the stupid flag and say I’m wrong but someone please explain the antisemitism. I am legitimately asking and looking to be educated here 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

I don't see any good reason to think this is correct.

If you think IDF is going to come in a slaughter civilians at a music festival raping and kidnapping women and children then you can seriously fuck off. This is a hard subject for many reasons but to say Israel’s response is the same as the barbarism we just saw…not worth the effort, just kindly fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, TKthunder2 said:

If you think IDF is going to come in a slaughter civilians at a music festival raping and kidnapping women and children then you can seriously fuck off. This is a hard subject for many reasons but to say Israel’s response is the same as the barbarism we just saw…not worth the effort, just kindly fuck off.

If it makes you feel better to imagine I said something I didn't say, I guess keep at it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TKthunder2 said:

Wut

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

I think we are going to see a lot more of this and at some point it will escalate. NYPD and other US Cities upping their surveillance of sensitive sites around the country. 

Do people care about the thousands of those vermin that were in the streets of New York City celebrating terrorism yesterday?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

This is twice in two days someone has been called anti semitic for posts decrying religion broadly. 

I’ll gladly hold up the stupid flag and say I’m wrong but someone please explain the antisemitism. I am legitimately asking and looking to be educated here 

Go back and read 956 Worldwide's and TwiceHorn's explanations for why we reacted to WTB's comment.

14 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I don't want to get time off for derailing the thread but it has to do with why Jews sought safety in Palestine post WWII, and why the UN decided to set it up as a nation. Jews were the target of violence in Europe even post-war.

Israel captured the Gaza strip territory during the 6 day war when they were invaded by Egypt. But in an effort to make peace with the Palestinians, Israel gave up the territory some 20 years later to the Palestinians. Israel disbanded settlements. They required their own citizens to be relocated and they handed the Gaza strip back to the Palestinians. The territory was initially governed by the PLO but once Hamas took over in the early 2000s there have been no more elections. The land is not Israel's and they don't even claim it to be theirs.

edit - Also the accusation was that jews somehow think they're better than other people. It's disgusting. It's nazi propaganda. If @TexArcherwants to disown his words he should do so.

And when you say "decry religion" keep in mind many, many jews are secular so it's slander of a whole people.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I think we are going to see a lot more of this and at some point it will escalate. NYPD and other US Cities upping their surveillance of sensitive sites around the country. 

Jews being attacked in Germany?  What has this world come to?

• Hook 'Em 1

Sir- this site is not for educational purposes.
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I don't want to get time off for derailing the thread but it has to do with why Jews sought safety in Palestine post WWII, and why the UN decided to set it up as a nation. Jews were the target of violence in Europe even post-war.

Israel captured the Gaza strip territory during the 6 day war when they were invaded by Egypt. But in an effort to make peace with the Palestinians, Israel gave up the territory some 20 years later to the Palestinians. Israel disbanded settlements. They required their own citizens to be relocated and they handed the Gaza strip back to the Palestinians. The territory was initially governed by the PLO but once Hamas took over in the early 2000s there have been no more elections. The land is not Israel's and they don't even claim it to be theirs.

edit - Also the accusation was that jews somehow think they're better than other people. It's disgusting. It's nazi propaganda. If @TexArcherwants to disown his words he should do so.

And when you say "decry religion" keep in mind many, many jews are secular so it's slander of a whole people.

Appreciate the response. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Aren't they Vikings?  I'll show myself out.

Viking is more apt a description of a profession than of ethnic people. They were seafaring raiders, which is common trait of a *subset* of the population of now-Denmark, Sweden, Norway. Those who migrated to Iceland farmed and settled and farmed there, rather than go off on raids. This makes Icelanders decidedly not Viking. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 52-80 said:

Viking is more apt a description of a profession than of ethnic people. They were seafaring raiders, which is common trait of a *subset* of the population of now-Denmark, Sweden, Norway. Those who migrated to Iceland farmed and settled and farmed there, rather than go off on raids. This makes Icelanders decidedly not Viking. 

So like, all thumbs are fingers, but all fingers are not thumbs?

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

https://www.worldhistory.org/article/1310/the-vikings-in-iceland/#:~:text=13th century CE).,route to the Faeroe Islands.

The earliest sources on Icelandic history are the Íslendingabók (“Book of the Icelanders”, c. 12th century CE) and the Landnámabók (“Book of the Settlements”, c. 13th century CE). According to the Landnámabók, the first settler in Iceland was Naddodd the Viking (c. 830 CE) who discovered Iceland when he was blown off course en route to the Faeroe Islands.

1 hour ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Every hostage in IDF eyes has to be viewed as dead already. Hamas will not be permitted to negotiate and certainly it will not be at a place of any strength. 

24 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

When Brisket is the voice of reason and calm on a thread…. Idk.

The hyperbole is astounding. Power is cut - 2 million are going to die! Israel is committing genocide! The confirmation bias on here is strong. 

Sounds like you are deciding the game winner and we are barely in the second inning - nobody has died due to the power being cut (yet). 
Jumping up and down because we are what now 30 hours into that tactic seems like a bit much; I know that in couch potato USA people will freak out with out power for a day, and they can't get their Quarterpounder and fries, however thankfully there are vast areas in the world that can live for a day or three without having to get their HEB shipt order.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Viking is more apt a description of a profession than of ethnic people. They were seafaring raiders, which is common trait of a *subset* of the population of now-Denmark, Sweden, Norway.

I thought they were a football team from Minneapolis.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Wally Fairway said:

Sounds like you are deciding the game winner and we are barely in the second inning - nobody has died due to the power being cut (yet). 
Jumping up and down because we are what now 30 hours into that tactic seems like a bit much; I know that in couch potato USA people will freak out with out power for a day, and they can't get their Quarterpounder and fries, however thankfully there are vast areas in the world that can live for a day or three without having to get their HEB shipt order.

Well it wasn’t just the power which is the point

59 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

this would open the door to a lot of countries getting involved in Hamas's shit

Hamas for all intents and purposes is done as a political party. They’re all about to die. 

4 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Greenland was also settled by a Viking (Leif Eriksons father…and he was actually banished there), but its people are not Vikings. 

Screwing once doesn’t make you a whore. Unless youre South Austins mom. 

Just now, 52-80 said:

Greenland was also settled by a Viking (Leif Eriksons father…and he was actually banished there), but its people are not Vikings. 

Screwing once doesn’t make you a whore. Unless youre South Austins mom. 

Viking talk not going away.

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

The Palestinians allied with the Nazis in WWII. The UN partitioned out a small plot of land after WWII for the Jews, mostly dessert, and the rest of he Arab inhabitants who fought with the Nazis got the 5x the land. Then the entire Arab world attacked, because that's their nature. And the morons lost. They kept attacking over the years, getting their butts kicked each time, and losing a little more land in the process. Transjordan was reduced and became Jordan. And now Gaza is about to become something else too.

I would suggest they follow Egypt's lead and do a deal swapping land in the West Bank for real peace, as Israel has shown it will do and as Clinton proposed. But these morons want all the Jews dead.  And the Jews don't want to be dead.  So here we are.

I'm not going to retype my post but you need to go back to WWI to have any real understanding. Plus this is a disingenuous characterization

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Personal account from on of the people at the peace festival 

Spine-chilling transcript from May Hayat, a survivor of the Nova music festival by the Israel-Gaza border:

So I went to work with my girlfriend Liron at the bar in the Nova’s party, the whole night and morning we were together. We had so much fun. 

There was a beautiful sunrise and we went towards our trailer to drink coffee and rest. Then the nightmare began- rockets started flying over our heads. 

The music was stopped and we waited for the situation to calm down so we could go home. Suddenly I get a phone call from a friend who says that she and everyone who’s started driving back home from the party is being shot. 

I ran to the police officers closest to me to ask them to go and reinforce the people in the vehicles, but then we realized that there’s so many terrorists in our area and they are very close to us. There was one big chaos.

We went to hide in the police command room and we all sat down on the floor. Some people cried, some shouted, some had anxiety attacks and some were completely silent. 

I hugged everyone who cried and couldn’t catch their breath, and Liron helped the wounded while we were under attack. 

The noise of the gunshots began to get closer, the policemen stood in the doorway ready with their weapons and looked at each other with a frightened look and shouted to “storm!”. 

They turned to us just before leaving the room and told us to “run and pray.” They came out and got shot one after the other. The terrorists fired bursts of gunfire at the room and for a moment there was shocking silence. We left the room running to the battlefield, and while I’m running I turned back and I saw Liron. She stayed there and didn’t come with us.

We tried our best and ran as fast as possible until we reached some ambulance and hid behind it. The shots came from every direction. To our right, to our left, behind and in front of us. 

I saw someone yelling at us, “Come here, it’s safer.” I ran towards him, no one came with me. Me and him continued running together until we saw a vehicle approaching us. It was one of the party members who offered us to get into his car and try to escape with him. 

We got on his car and as soon as he started driving the terrorist started shooting at us. We made a U-turn and drove to the other way and we were shooted there as well. We returned back to the place we were at the beginning and suddenly the car’s wheel got stuck in the sand while we are still under fire. 

We ran out of the car until we noticed a hole in the ground. We entered inside, held hands and prayed. It was just the two of us, the guy who was driving the car disappeared.

I told him ‘Do you know the stories of the Holocaust in which people pretended to be dead so they wouldn’t be noticed? This is what gonna happen to us. He covered us with sand and we were in silence for about an hour until we started hearing footsteps coming towards us and we prayed for a miracle.

They found us. 8 terrorists in front of both of us. I closed my eyes tightly because I was sure they gonna shot us but then they grabbed us and lofted us from the ground. They took our phones and everything we had in our pockets. They announced in their walkie-talkie, ‘We have 2 more abductees.” 

One of the terrorists started talking to me in Arabic and I told him I can’t understand him. I didn’t shout, I didn’t went crazy, I became apathetic. He put his jacket on me while the rest of them was looking at me like I was a piece of meat because I was wearing a tank top. In one hand he holds my hand, and in the other hand he holds a missile.

We started walking and I saw that they were looking on the floor for things like cigarettes and drinks. So I helped them. I didn’t want to resist. 

The guy who was with me didn’t stop crying and begging for his life. I tried to explain to him that he needs to stop crying, “It annoys them, stop crying and everything will be fine.” They had knives and hammers. I realized we were in danger. 

At first he listened to me but very quickly he returned to his initial and fell on his knees and again screamed and begged for his life. And then - he didn’t scream anymore. They murdered him in front of my eyes. I was left alone with them. 

One of them took a board and every few seconds hit me on the head. The other one was holding a knife and every few seconds approached me threateningly. It was important for them to humiliate me.

The terrorist who held my hand shouted at them and “took me under his wing.” We started walking towards one of their cards and luckily their cars didn’t start. The threatening terrorist with the knife, the one who a moment ago murdered the guy who was with me, said to me “If you try to escape I’ll kill you like I killed your friend.”

I remained standing and the terrorist who “took me under his wing” told me I can go. I didn’t know what to do and in one moment I just started running. I stole a glance back and saw that no weapon was pointed at me so I continued to run like crazy.

I hid under the stage of the party and laid down next to 3 dead people. I smeared myself with the blood that dripped from one of the bodies next to me and pretended to be dead for 3 hours. 

3 hours that felt like an eternity. 3 hours where terrorists pass by me and shoot everywhere and burn every possible piece of land, while rockets float above my head. For 3 hours I lie among corpses and wonder what will happen to me. 

And suddenly I started hearing people talk in Hebrew. I screamed loudly “HELP!”. These were the army soldiers, they came and took me to a trailer with paramedics, along with other survivors. In the background, the shooting continued, and in front of my eyes I saw difficult sights that I will spare you and will not describe here.

So it’s true that they murdered my soul and I hope that one day I will be able to heal it. But Liron, remember Liron from the beginning go the story? My girlfriend. They killed her. They killed are my hero and unfortunately no one will ever be able to return it to me in my lifetime.

• Rage+1 8

55 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Same is happening in London. Fifth columns in every Western country have been activated.

• Hook 'Em 1