Seven Win Steve Rides Again!

closetojumping

35 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Beating Bama on the road = meh i need to see more

Beating a team hes never lost to at home = i now believe!

Make it make sense

I can see the argument. A lot of things have changed since the Bama W.

The Alabama game was the highlight of our offseason preparation and game planning. Our team was at full strength, health wise. On the other side of the coin, Alabama was breaking in a new QB and made some very poor throws that we capitalized off of.

Going into this weekend, we are far from full strength (multiple DBs, starting Edge, banged up OL, and missing our starting QB). Kansas State has figured their offensive identity out and can hurt us in the air and on the ground. Kansas State is nowhere near Alabama talent level, but they are a hot team playing for a Big12 CG berth. Sark and PK will have to earn their paycheck scheming around our injuries, especially the QB.

Everyone knows we can get up for big games. This will be a huge data point in terms of our consistency, depth, and our coaches ability to be flexible.

Edited by USNALonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

Beating Bama on the road = meh i need to see more

Beating a team hes never lost to at home = i now believe!

Make it make sense

I mean, I don’t subscribe to this, but are you really unable to discern the difference in circumstances between the two games or are you just being purposefully obtuse?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I mean, I don’t subscribe to this, but are you really unable to discern the difference in circumstances between the two games or are you just being purposefully obtuse?

If he had lost to Bama, especially if it had been a heart breaker, we would never hear the end of it. But since we won it gets conveniently forgotten by the doomers. I'm here to say, fuck that shit. It happened.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

VY calls bullshit!

11 straight and

12 of 13 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Texas_Longhorns_football_team

Counting is hard lol. We only scored 25 against the couch burners my friend. Kyle Umlang’s tweet was about starting the season off with 8 straight 30+ point games. Never been done in program history. This team couldn’t beat that 05 team if they played Vince with his left hand tied behind his back. It’s more of a testament to what Sark and Co. have built so far. It might be ugly sometimes but they find ways to win. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

If he had lost to Bama, especially if it had been a heart breaker, we would never hear the end of it. But since we won it gets conveniently forgotten by the doomers. I'm here to say, fuck that shit. It happened.

Since you didn't answer the question, I'll ask again: are you really unable to discern the difference in circumstances between the two games or are you just being purposefully obtuse?

We are finally beating the teams we are supposed to, even if not the way we should given our talent advantage. That's tangible progress as a program. I am nervously optimistic as there are a number of difficult games ahead of us, so the season can very well turn out to be disappointing when it's all said and done.

Most of us are happy that we are 7-1 and some are not happy because of how we have played lately. Both positions have some merits, so I don't understand why one party has to admit to being wrong. We can be happy with our record and still want our coach to improve because it will take a lot of improvement to get to the playoffs and win a game or two.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Since you didn't answer the question, I'll ask again: are you really unable to discern the difference in circumstances between the two games or are you just being purposefully obtuse?

I absolutely get the difference. Just pointing out that if we had lost the Bama game it would get brought up every 2 seconds as proof that "he cant win the big game". But since he did win that game, the goalposts moved to a new definition of what a "big game" is. And they should, in a sense. But it is still a relevant data point for those who have doubts about his ability to beat a team he has never lost to at home.

4 minutes ago, Gandalfish said:

God forbid anyone post anything in this thread that isn't sandy-vagina, black-pill, whining.

Have a Lexapro (or two) and enjoy the brisk weather today.

I'm pissed off because the tire warning lights on my dash this morning. Stupid rapid drops in temperature leading to denser air!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

I'm pissed off because the tire warning lights on my dash this morning. Stupid rapid drops in temperature leading to denser air!

I’ll be posting on the wives thread shortly. She must’ve been in a hurry this morning since I have not heard about her car being broken yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

We should have, but losing to them is not like losing to Maryland,Tech, or KU at home. It was a toss-up game given the talent parity.

There are some people that will not ever be okay with us losing to OU. Period.

It’s a rivalry game. Even if this OU team is “meh,” far more talented teams have gone into Dallas and lost. It happens.  Ask OU about how losing to 5-7 Texas in 2015 derailed their whole season. Oh wait, they made the CFP 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Next week, it’s gonna be “Alabama would win by double digits if we played now.”
It wouldn't be double digits, but Bama absolutely would be full of piss if we played them again. I'm not sure Sark could get his team to match their level. And if I had to make a bet to save the house, I'm taking Bama.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:
2 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

It wouldn't be double digits, but Bama absolutely would be full of piss if we played them again. I'm not sure Sark could get his team to match their level. And if I had to make a bet to save the house, I'm taking Bama.

It's nearly impossible to beat the same team twice in a year if the teams have similar level of talent. So I feel like it's a blessing in disguise to lose the first game if the second one is for all the marbles.

16 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
2 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

It wouldn't be double digits, but Bama absolutely would be full of piss if we played them again.

Having lost to us already?  Sure.  Having not played us yet -- i.e., our 3rd noncon game that happens to come in November?  Different argument.  Why would they be "full of piss"?

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Low pressure = less dense = rain

I better remember that since I had Boyles law, Charles Law and the Universal Gas law pounded into my brain for 4 years. Otherwise, I better give my diploma back.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have had this sense that Sarkisian still cannot believe his eyes with the execution errors.  He calls stuff that, if executed, would work, but often isn't executed.  He must get these guys doing this stuff pretty routinely in practice only to have it blow up in his face come game time.

And it may explain why he a) thinks this will work in game time and b) thinks it's important to attempt and execute, during game time, as opposed to practice.

It was worse when the talent was less than it is now, but it still seems like a thing.

The simple way to say it is we don't have Alabama talent yet, or early 2000s USC.  I think Sark intellectually understands that, but cannot believe the way these guys fuck up his playcalling from time to time.

I get a different vibe from Sark. To me he seems like the coach that runs a play 3 times in practice and it fails. On the 4th it looks really good and on the 5th it looks great and he calls it game ready. Then he is surprised when he is 2 out of 5 in the red zone.

16 hours ago, Henry Hill said:

golf fall GIF

CTJ is the absolute king of negativity on the football board. Putting him on ignore a couple people of weeks or so back makes this forum easier to read. What an absolutely miserable way to go through life always looking for any reason to spew out some hate about a coach where it has clearly become personal to that poster to say the things it does.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

There’s some “pragmatic” douche bags in here who will say they can find that same type of stretch with late Mack or herman and point to how it doesn’t mean anything lol. It’s almost not even worth trying to be positive on surly, there’s more “critical” assholes than actual fans of Texas. It’s embarrassing. I promise you somebody is finding ways to poke holes in this iowa state win as we speak. I hope sark defies all the odds and has a run equivalent to Royal! 

• Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

There’s some “pragmatic” douche bags in here who will say they can find that same type of stretch with late Mack or herman and point to how it doesn’t mean anything lol. It’s almost not even worth trying to be positive on surly, there’s more “critical” assholes than actual fans of Texas. It’s embarrassing. I promise you somebody is finding ways to poke holes in this iowa state win as we speak. I hope sark defies all the odds and has a run equivalent to Royal! 

So what you’re saying is, Winning Is Hard?