THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For 5 weeks the committee has stated that H2H matters no matter if it's Sept or Nov. So, are they really going to walk that back? Maybe, but there will absolutely be no reason for teams to schedule marquee OOC games in the future. Think about that, you really think college football wants that?

Think About It GIF by Identity

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Horn80 said:

The fact selection committee had Oregon at #5 and Texas at #7 despite the metrics all favoring Texas tells me they will pick Alabama over Texas because they beat #1 Georgia.

After we beat Tech by far more than Oregon did, we should have moved up.  They chose not to to move us.

1 minute ago, Horn80 said:

If FSU wins, they are in and selection committee will pick Alabama over Texas.  

Washington and Michigan are other two.  

The fact selection committee had Oregon at #5 and Texas at #7 despite the metrics all favoring Texas tells me they will pick Alabama over Texas because they beat #1 Georgia.

I don’t agree with this but think this fuck job is coming if FSU wins.

If FSU loses, Texas is in.  

The fact that the committee had us ahead of Bama all season should tell you everything you need to know. Fuck off. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Why is Alabama automatically in? Even many in the media don't agree with you. It's not a good look, especially if Texas is your team. It's at the very least up for debate. The committee has repeatedly stated that the difference between the two teams is the head-to-head win. They've repeated it every single week. 

No way Alabama is a lock to get in. Texas is in right now if the committee stays true to its word.

• Hook 'Em 3

I don't agree that Georgia winning was better for us.

But FSU winning still puts us in a difficult position.

The narrative will not be Texas vs a team they beat by 10 but Texas versus the SEC and their 2006-present period of domination. 

But hey the head-to-head argument might win out and Bama would have to jump us after winning by 28. Already being ahead of Bama is nice. So there is some hope now.

But, you know, that SECSECSEC legacy.

Just now, Sandbagging Steve said:

Why is Alabama automatically in? Even many in the media don't agree with you. It's not a good look, especially if Texas is your team. It's at the very least up for debate. The committee has repeatedly stated that the difference between the two teams is the head-to-head win. They've repeated it every single week. 

No way Alabama is a lock to get in. Texas is in right now if the committee stays true to its word.

Because they are the SEC champion.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The big reason this @Wilcox Cummingtonite guy is such a moron is because he keeps acting like the national media is all "SEC SEC SEC". 

It couldn't be further from the truth. Almost every national media person on Twitter is saying Texas should get in over Bama because of H2H. 

Turn on the TV. ESPN is in full spin mode advocating for Bama. But ok.

We are in.  You dudes gotta get the sand out your vaginas.  It will be Mich, Wash, Texas, Bama.   FSU is going to get the shaft here or Bama.  Not sure how the committee will sit there with a straight face after pumping UGA and Oregon being the 2 best teams most of the season and both losing.  They don’t know shit.  It’s easy to explain Bama being out bc they lost head to head.  It’s going to be hard for them to explain how they leave Texas behind.  Also, Bama looked like pure trash last week needing a miracle on 4th and 31 to win their game against a 5-7 Auburn team.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Sandbagging Steve said:

SEC champ

Beat #1 Georgia 

Better loss

• Fuck You 4

Just now, Texasborn91 said:

You now take the risk of Bama jumping us and kicking us out 

Walk me through this. 

We had no shot of taking the SEC spot if Georgia won. We absolutely would have needed fsu or Michigan to lose. Now, even if we get no further help, at least we have a chance. Yeah, Alabama might get selected over us. I'll take "might" over no chance of us getting selected. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

If FSU wins, they are in and selection committee will pick Alabama over Texas.  

Washington and Michigan are other two.  

I don’t agree with this but think this fuck job is coming if FSU wins.

If FSU loses, Texas is in.  

This makes no sense. Committee had Oregon over Texas, so Bama will jump Texas. The committee had Texas over Bama also.. So it only matters in the Oregon case, but not the Bama case? 

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

No matter how many times you say it, it's still dumb. You think they won't leave out the SEC. That's nowhere close to 100%.

Come on. You know how this works. The best team of the decade just beat the back to back national champions. #8 beat #1. Texas beat a Big 12 nobody. You're hanging everything on head to head, which should be enough and would be fine if that team was from the ACC, Pac, or Big 12. The rules are different for the Big 10 and especially the SEC. You can say it's dumb, but look at how they have always bent over backwards to serve the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

This is some god tier level cope

Yeah, that's the only explanation I've seen from a national media person for how they might ignore H2H.

But it seems very unlikely that 13-1 Bama would be seeded over 14-0 FSU. Reality is most of the national media thinks Texas should get in over Bama due to H2H. It's the most logical position and the position reiterated by the committee. 

Just now, Codaxx said:

This makes no sense. Committee had Oregon over Texas, so Bama will jump Texas. The committee had Texas over Bama also.. So it only matters in the Oregon case, but not the Bama case? 

Yeah, these people are bitches. We have a pretty good shot now. Be better if we get more help, but definitely in a better situation than with Georgia winning.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Tell me again how Alabama has the best win when Georgia is #7 tomorrow. 

That's it. The strength of Georgia has to be recalibrated. You have to look at their games all season and understand they were ranked where they were because of past seasons.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Because they are the SEC champion.

And? That's not a guaranteed playoff appearance. The committee has stated their case every single week. Not only that, Bama needed a miracle to beat a very bad Auburn team one week ago.

Anyway, this hurts FSU more than anyone. I think the committee will put Texas and Alabama in the playoff unless FSU blows out Louisville.

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]