Texas opens as a 7 point favorite @ Iowa State

TexasMan

24 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

regardless of brooks, i want to know the names of the referees before placing any bets or forecasting any scores

this is the game for MAXFUCKERY WITH THE KUNG FU GRIP

I want to know that and Quinn Ewers's health. I do not believe for one second he was anywhere near 100% in Fort Worth. Good throws still, but he was obviously playing through some pain and I am terrified that he aggravated something in the process.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Is there a CFP-as-a-destination thread?  Couldn't find one to post this in.

Remaining schedule for teams ranked ahead of us in the CFP rankings

image.png.786f379b9d423ebd159ca1084c5e1e21.png

I'm too lazy to look into who the possible conference championship matchups might be for each team

Edited by ATXbronco
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

I'm too lazy to look into who the possible conference championship matchups might be for each team

probably UW/UO rematch and Iowa vs. winner of Mich/OSU.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I normally make my bets by seeing who the first 10 posters say to take and doing the opposite of the majority. 

The least confident these threads have been in Texas covering were Bama, Kansas and BYU and we covered all 3 with ease.

kansas was kind of the luck of the QB quitting on them.

Is this the easiest money of all time?  We're favored by 8 points?  Someone is smoking something mighty fine.  I am not a gambler, but if I were I would easily win this money.  

I predict the line will go all of the way down to Texas -5 by gametime, maybe lower. 

Wanna know how we know you don’t bet? “Easiest money” is % nonexistent.
  • Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, we'll lead 31-3 at halftime and go on to win 143-137 in 16 overtimes.

Lol it's two point conversations after 2 OT now so it's more like 63-61 after 16OTs

But at least with Sark I don't believe he's doing this shit on purpose like turtle Tom. Tom would get a 4 point lead and back off. 

Anyway, we just need 4 quarters of focused football. 

Maybe we are a cold weather team. I genuinely think these hot ass day games this year were not great for the guys. It sucked in the stands for sure. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The big thing about Iowa State that stands out to me is the 3 best defenses they've probably faced are Iowa, OU, and Ohio. 

Iowa (13 points)

OU (20 points)

Ohio (7 points)

Ford can run back a touchdown and they can go for -7 if we play well enough 😉

The big thing about Iowa State that stands out to me is the 3 best defenses they've probably faced are Iowa, OU, and Ohio. 
Iowa (13 points)
OU (20 points)
Ohio (7 points)

So we can reasonably infer Texas we hold them to 10 or less… through three quarters
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

The secondary definitely seems like the strength for Iowa State. Tampa and Purchase are good at corner and Freyler is solid at safety.

I know teams have run on them at times but I just don’t have a ton of confidence we will move the ball consistently on the ground. Feels like a game we may need Quinn to throw 35-40 times.

13 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The secondary definitely seems like the strength for Iowa State. Tampa and Purchase are good at corner and Freyler is solid at safety.

I know teams have run on them at times but I just don’t have a ton of confidence we will move the ball consistently on the ground. Feels like a game we may need Quinn to throw 35-40 times.

The two offenses that had a good bit of success against Iowa State were Kansas and OU. They spread them out and threw all day on them. 

This might be a game where you need to go empty more and get Cook involved. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Unless they can get pressure on Quinn they can’t stop our receivers. Someone is always open, he just has to find them

Yeah, you can punish their secondary. These are probably the best 3 passing offenses they've faced. 

OU (366 passing yards)

Oklahoma State (278 passing yards)

Kansas (287 passing yards)

Even with Brooks, we probably needed to challenge their secondary. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

If we can avoid this phenomenon whereby we melt down inexplicably in the third quarter and cough up a huge lead we should win convincingly. After TCU I have learned my lesson.

TCU was the one of the games on our schedule where I legit saw us winning by multiple TDs. A game we’d dominate from start to finish.  I am not taking any team left on the regular season or post season schedule for granted. It’s always their SuperBowl when we come to town and everyone wants that win. I get that.

But we pretty much manhandle these guys and go up in games like this throughout Sark’s career here and are up by like an average of 21 points and inexplicably blow this lead in a stunning fashion. We should win this game. This ain’t a great Iowa State team. But neither was UofH or TCU. Both teams that we came out against firing and then just…stopped. It’s one thing if an overmatched team comes out with everything they have. That’s expected and our team and talent just runs them over. This isn’t what is happening. Hopefully, we handle our business and aren’t in a dogfight the last five minutes of the game. That surely favors Iowa State with the mounting injuries and the massive loss of Brooks to an ACL which we are all upset about. 

kick some ass Horns! Don’t let up! Finish! 10-1 is within our grasp. Fuck the Big 12. 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

When did the Bobcats join the B1G?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JGrayDBU said:

Is this the easiest money of all time?  We're favored by 8 points?  Someone is smoking something mighty fine.  I am not a gambler, but if I were I would easily win this money.  

I predict the line will go all of the way down to Texas -5 by gametime, maybe lower. 

Well go bet then.