2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He’s allegedly the top candidate for Washington

https://tucson.com/sports/college/football/wildcats/jedd-fisch-arizona-wildcats-football-contract-extension-washington-huskies-tennessee-titans/article_a1ce317c-b253-11ee-9ebe-93d02b3d1958.html

Sounds like he took himself out of the Washington race

Also, forgot to mention but Fisch is a notorious dickhead so it's not a surprise that coaches are fleeing from him

7 minutes ago, pacman said:

I am sure Gideon will be glad to have a mentor in place. He only had one year of experience coaching safeties prior to joining Texas.

This is what gives me hope, that he can provide another point of view without Gideon or Joseph feeling like he is a threat to their jobs.  More likely they will listen.

• Hook 'Em 3

52 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Babers and Bobby have a direct connection to team now….will know whatever they need to about defensive side 

Are you under the impression that Burton didn’t have direct resources in the program? Are you for real?

50 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I saw that movie for the first time last week! Very grimy, very funny.

I saw it once about 5 years ago and thought it was one of the dumbest, most overrated movies I’d ever seen. Just awful. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

If you weren’t watching Babers before, it’s time to start. 

I like me some Babers. My favorite analyst. "Go 'Stros!!!"

He did it, at Texas and the NFL. Card carrying member of DBU, practiced and played w/ Michael Huff, Nathan Vasher, Quentin Jammer, etc. He earned the right to offer his opinion a long time ago.

He talked about the talent and competition when he played here; he wasn't the biggest, fastest, strongest, nothing-est. If he played, it was because he worked the hard-est, on and off the field. He's a film study, numbers kinda guy. 

He is adamant about pressing and covering receivers; If you can, you do, if you can't, you don't. He knew the weakness on this team a long time ago.

I imagine Rod is pretty stoked right now, with the DB recruiting/transfer haul and w/ his mentor coming back to influence all who will listen.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Are you under the impression that Burton didn’t have direct resources in the program? Are you for real?

I saw it once about 5 years ago and thought it was one of the dumbest, most overrated movies I’d ever seen. Just awful. 

No I’m not. But we will have real time into the team with those connections. For instance Akina was texting Bobby about Nansen in real time about the hire. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

You say some pretty great stuff, and then you say some really stupid, stupid stuff. 

But mostly awesome stuff. 

We’ve been through this before. You oldsters severely overrate comedies from the late 70’s into the very early 80’s. The Blue Brothers is pure garbage. Unwatchable poo. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

But mostly awesome stuff. 

We’ve been through this before. You oldsters severely overrate comedies from the late 70’s into the very early 80’s. The Blue Brothers is pure garbage. Unwatchable poo. 

This could really turn into an annoying thread diversion, so I won’t name the awesome movies from that era, but yes, I agree: Blues Brothers does nothing for me, and I’m sure I’m in the age group CTJ is referencing.

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The movie you're looking for where this is true is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Holy shit was that a crude, boring slog.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The movie you're looking for where this is true is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Holy shit was that a crude, boring slog.

You bring solid energy but don't you ever insult a National Lampoon movie like this again.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

I’d really like to get a group together in person for some riveting discussions on registration and the Blues Brothers and so I can brutally murder each and every one of you.  Does anyone know a good spot for us to meet up?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Akina was/is a man guy.

This move brings me hope for the secondary - the defense did generally better when they were playing PK’s preferred Cover 1 man/press.  Sark notoriously mentioned Joseph’s Cover 4 scheme when he hired him. 

let Joseph & Gideon recruit and let Akina coach man for fuck’s sake

Edited by horny_gunman
Can’t spell for shit
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

You’re really going to set the boomers who spout one liners from this movie all holiday season off with this one. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

Blues brothers is not good. I’m convinced people only claim to like it because they think they’re supposed to.

The whole “let’s  gather some of the greatest musicians in the world and have them play background for two SNL dipshits with little to no musical talent” is a hard pass for me.

• Hook 'Em 4

Yeah, loving Blues Brothers and hating  Christmas Vacation raises a lot of questions about texifornia's childhood. That's some weird shit. Now personally I don't hate Blues Brothers, it's fairly average with some good moments. But the above opinion is wild. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Are you under the impression that Burton didn’t have direct resources in the program? Are you for real

It's BO&W, our own resident Ian Boyd, so probably not.

I assume he's mad he didn't think of the RoJo to LB move on his own.

15 minutes ago, Yesh said:

On a recent OTF video Bob Shipley spent several minutes singing the praises of Oscar Giles, saying that he is a grinder and a great recruiter.

I'm starting to get worried.

Bob Shipley is just conversation filler so that Bobby isn’t ranting to himself. Whenever they bring Shipley on he always talks in these almost message board platitudes, frankly even given his ties to the program he seems to shave an equal amount of information as surly does. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teryor said:

Olds gonna be happy

Arizona board gonna be hilarious, they were saying he was next up for DC, never wanted to leave, and was the reason for Nansen's success

I’m 44. Not sure where that puts me on the “olds” spectrum, but I’m pretty fucking gruntled. 

• Hook 'Em 3