2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

19 minutes ago, NoName said:

Akina was only ever a DC from 05-07 at Texas (non play calling IIRC)

Brennan is a smart guy, no way that happens.

edit: sounds like it's just A job, not DC

Even having him as the DB coach seems like a bad idea. Don't get me wrong, I love the dude and wish he was coming here...as an analyst. He is way too old to be a position coach. I can't imagine he has the energy for the modern recruiting grind.

With all due respect and deference to the septuagenarians on this board, of course. But dude should be playing golf and chasing grand kids, not convincing 18-year-olds to move to Tucson. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Even having him as the DB coach seems like a bad idea. Don't get me wrong, I love the dude and wish he was coming here...as an analyst. He is way too old to be a position coach. I can't imagine he has the energy for the modern recruiting grind.

The age thing is a concern 

Edited by Js1

5 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Nansen is in San Clemente with PK this morning. I'm less concerned but also I guess it stands to reason he's gonna do his job until the very last minute.

If they're hiring Brennan, I don't understand any concern.  Do we really think he's going to quit the job and then just go back to the same job a week after getting a higher paying job at Texas?  Does he have any relationship with Brennan?

1 minute ago, Richter said:

If they're hiring Brennan, I don't understand any concern.  Do we really think he's going to quit the job and then just go back to the same job a week after getting a higher paying job at Texas?  Does he have any relationship with Brennan?

Relationship with Brennan no. However its been heavily rumored he just wanted out from under Fisch and would take his old role to be play caller.

24 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Relationship with Brennan no. However its been heavily rumored he just wanted out from under Fisch and would take his old role to be play caller.

AND punk his old buddy Sark?  The AZ reporter is as bad as Looch and Fat Ketch - wait are they really all the same person with different headshots?  

Anyway, I feel pretty confident that a coach who has had his own system for a few years did not just accept his job at UA with a contingency/idea to re-hire the DC whom he has no relationship with.  

6 minutes ago, horny_gunman said:

AND punk his old buddy Sark?  The AZ reporter is as bad as Looch and Fat Ketch - wait are they really all the same person with different headshots?  

Anyway, I feel pretty confident that a coach who has had his own system for a few years did not just accept his job at UA with a contingency/idea to re-hire the DC whom he has no relationship with.  

Fair points.

50 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This guy REALLY wants to make Nansen happen.

12 minutes ago, horny_gunman said:

Jason Scheer is totally not fetch

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Dammit I was looking forward to Akina in an analyst role. I was excited all the way from my chest pubes down to my ball fro. 

I wouldn't trust anything those Arizona guys are saying, they have been wrong about everything so far.

• Hook 'Em 3

Yes, Brennan’s DC at SJSU has been working alongside him since their days at Oregon State.  So let’s ditch him for the geriatric analyst because the kids are twittering about it.    Definitely don’t trust their insiders, they’re fucking horrendous at actual thought

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I wouldn't trust anything those Arizona guys are saying, they have been wrong about everything so far.

They are just losing their minds that Fisch left for UW and they may lose a bunch of kids to the portal.

Cope harder.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

tOSU officially hires Bjork as AD!

I’m not sure whether to rejoice at the probable impending demise of Ohio State football or mourn over the possibility that atm gets lucky on its next AD hire. Any word on whom they’ll target? 

13 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

I’m not sure whether to rejoice at the probable impending demise of Ohio State football or mourn over the possibility that atm gets lucky on its next AD hire. Any word on whom they’ll target? 

From Texags:

With Bjork's potential departure, some names to watch as potential replacements are Arkansas AD Hunter Yurachek and Missouri AD Desiree Reed-Francois. Both have had fundraising success and broad success in the SEC. Yurachek in particular has built Arkansas into an AD that punches well above its weight in Football (this year notwithstanding), baseball, T&F, and basketball. I don't know many programs that do more with less.

Del Conte would also be a great get from Texas but doubt that is realistic. He was a clear homerun hire for them from TCU a few years back.

Bowtie!

Who does John Sharp want? Because that is who we will hire.

We should see what Saban is up to.

Hunter Biden
An unconventional pick, but it would elevate Sharp in some circles.

Throw $$$ at the Bama AD. He's ready for a challenge..

Talk to Kirby Hocutt at TT. Has his fingers into a lot of responsibilities nationally that would maybe strengthen our position in a lot of areas.
At least explore the thought with him and if he is interested, go forward. Then again, tell John Sharp to stay out of the discussion.

What about Mac Rhoades at Baylor?

I withdraw my name from consideration.
Respect my decision.

Why don't we make Jimbo do the job? we're paying him anyway

Apparently, they are clueless at this point....TBD.

Edited by Cairn Horn88
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

I mean, they have to make Roger Goodell say "no" right?

Edited by MirrOlure
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

I’m not sure whether to rejoice at the probable impending demise of Ohio State footbal

Ryan Day can enjoy his 10 year guaranteed contract if they beat Michigan next year. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Wtf is tOSU thinking? I can't believe ATM's luck getting bailed out of their shit AD like that

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Maybe the problem was not the AD.

After reading the article satya shared above, it sounds like the problem A&M has... is being A&M.

Which I've said before, but here's a handful more data points.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Wtf is tOSU thinking? I can't believe ATM's luck getting bailed out of their shit AD like that

I’m thinking I should be a AD, I can’t do worse than Bjork and you still fall upwards.  (Insert cat I should be AD meme)

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

laugh.gif

40 minutes ago, WBT said:

July 1st?  Over 5 minths to recruit aggy coaches

This is even more hilarious. Bjork has 5+ months to be a lamer at ATM, continue to irritate people while recruiting people. 

The other great thing about July 1 is that Smith isn't doing shit at Ohio State from here on out. It's his *earned* thank you tour through the end of baseball season. Bjork coming in playing from behind and being a general idiot is a good move for anyone rooting against Ohio State, which we should all be doing. 

Anyone worried about ATM getting an AD pick right should get off the toilet and stop squatting to pee. They'll probably hire someone "from the inside" just as a reflex from having outsiders not please them. That would be hilarious and long-lasting. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2