Florida State can fuck off

BigOrange1

It’s weird. It’s almost like FSU focused so much on how they were wronged that they didn’t prepare properly for their game against Georgia. Of course, that’s impossible, because they understood that the best way to make their point was to throttle Georgia. Hahaha!!!!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What a bitch. Kanell going with the FSU didn't want to be there + timeless classic "the bowl system is broken" + humble bragging on his mountain mansion. 

And I'm sure that if FSU had won by 60, Danny Kanell would still be calling this a glorified scrimmage and wouldn't AT ALL be using that as the argument that the committee got it wrong.......  Because he's all about integrity and consistency, obviously.......

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

And I'm sure that if FSU had won by 60, Danny Kanell would still be calling this a glorified scrimmage and wouldn't AT ALL be using that as the argument that the committee got it wrong.......  Because he's all about integrity and consistency, obviously.......

I can’t wait for the Tuesday morning show.

This “glorified scrimmage” narrative is so goddamn stupid. Guess what - good teams beat the shit out of bad teams in scrimmages too. Good teams don’t get their ass beat by 9(!!) touchdowns in scrimmages. FSU didn’t belong, especially after losing their best player. Tough pill to swallow but it is what it is.

FSU didn’t belong in the playoffs but they also had 20 players opt out of the Orange Bowl and didn’t have their starting QB. I think it’s fair to say at an absolute minimum the Noles were without nearly all of their top 15 players. I think my dad said they had one regular starter play on defense play today. Does that fully explain/excuse 3-63? No, of course not.

FSU didn’t belong in the playoffs but they also had 20 players opt out of the Orange Bowl and didn’t have their starting QB. I think it’s fair to say at an absolute minimum the Noles were without nearly all of their top 15 players. I think my dad said they had one regular starter play on defense play today. Does that fully explain/excuse 3-63? No, of course not.
If any team ever had motivation to go out and prove it on the field, it was them. The fact that so many players opted out means one of three things:

1 - they knew they couldn't win without their hurt QB. Or even with him.

2 - they didn't give a shit to prove the committee was wrong to leave them out.

3 - both of the above and they're a team of bleeding pussies.

What was all the soapboxing about "if we're the last undefeated, we should be the champs" if most of the starters weren't even going to try?

They would have been better off just rejecting the bowl bid and ending the season undefeated. Then they could at least (wrongly) proclaim they should have a share of the title - and probably would have gotten some votes.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Modessit said:

If any team ever had motivation to go out and prove it on the field, it was them. The fact that so many players opted out means one of three things:

1 - they knew they couldn't win without their hurt QB. Or even with him.

2 - they didn't give a shit to prove the committee was wrong to leave them out.

3 - both of the above and they're a team of bleeding pussies.

What was all the soapboxing about "if we're the last undefeated, we should be the champs" if most of the starters weren't even going to try?

They would have been better off just rejecting the bowl bid and ending the season undefeated. Then they could at least (wrongly) proclaim they should have a share of the title - and probably would have gotten some votes.

As Aggy said, it was a loose, loose situation. 

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, Rimbo said:

1332246746592_1896763.png

Champions show up to the fucking game. Losers opt out and whine about what could've been.

You know who FSU plays if Georgia beats Alabama? Georgia. We just saw the alternative reality Semifinal. I hope the real semifinals are more competitive (although if we beat Washington by 50, I'll enjoy every minute of that, too).

They could've shown up, beaten Georgia, hung a "2023 Undefeated National Champs" banner in their gym.

Instead, they quit and got skullfucked.

They're losing losers and deserved to lose. They proved the CFP committee was right. Anyone who says differently is living in magic fairy dreamland.

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

• Hook 'Em 4

17 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What a bitch. Kanell going with the FSU didn't want to be there + timeless classic "the bowl system is broken" + humble bragging on his mountain mansion. 

If it doesn’t matter then why are your kids crying, bitch?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1332246746592_1896763.png
Champions show up to the fucking game. Losers opt out and whine about what could've been.
You know who FSU plays if Georgia beats Alabama? Georgia. We just saw the alternative reality Semifinal. I hope the real semifinals are more competitive (although if we beat Washington by 50, I'll enjoy every minute of that, too).
They could've shown up, beaten Georgia, hung a "2023 Undefeated National Champs" banner in their gym.
Instead, they quit and got skullfucked.
They're losing losers and deserved to lose. They proved the CFP committee was right. Anyone who says differently is living in magic fairy dreamland.

Doubling down…they KNEW Georgia was gonna skullfuck them and that they had ZERO chance of winning, so they all “opted out” to manufacture the excuse.
  • Hook 'Em 6

FSU should get a 5 year ban from playoff contention.

We, and they knew they would get obliterated with a back up QB. This is one of the biggest pie in the face moments I’ve seen over social media. From now on when anyone mentions Florida state, this will be the first thing most of us sane people will think of.

If they would’ve just shut up and acknowledged it, we wouldn’t be here but they couldn’t.

And now “we don’t know ball” and “it’s not the same” when it comes to UGA having opt outs and transfers. Which are classic fall back lines when there’s no bullets left to fire

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

So fucking tired of r/CFB whining SO MUCH about how UNFAIR it is

I mean, it is constant and unending

bunch of losers

It's like they all magically became Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder the night before the UF game and haven't actually seen them play since. Nobody wants to watch some jr high scrub bullshit try to play top talent. End result, what we saw yesterday. Life ain't fair. Buck up, fight through. Or be a pussy and quit, which is exactly what happened.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Of course some opt outs are going to happen, but Norvell's job is to field as competitive a team as possible and convince guys to play.  Massive failure on his part. 

Yep. I can’t remember where I heard it (maybe Bobby Burton) but he seems to think that if Texas had traded places with FSU and wasn’t in the CFP, there would be nowhere near the number of opt outs for Texas. He was saying this to point to the culture that Sark had instilled in the program. While Bijan and Roshon both opted out last year, I think the program took a MASSIVE step this last year and I’d like to think both of them would play if they were on the team this year and we weren’t in the CFP.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Just saw this...big yikes. 

So now, instead of having at least some sympathy even among people who didn’t think you should be in the playoffs, you doubled down on being crybaby bitches, got curbstomped, and now have this bowl game defining your season… top notch decision making. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, jinx said:

If it doesn’t matter then why are your kids crying, bitch?

Wait, Kanell's solution to fix the "bowl system" is to have the bowls in Zero Week?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952d2bep0s3rd2p942mhll

Just now, Foosters said:

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why bowls have become a joke with "this system" when the old system excluded more teams from the national title conversation.

The playoffs, and subsequent opt-outs from games that don't really matter any longer, have effectively turned the bowl games glorified spring games. They're great background filler during the holidays and some of them can still be fun to watch (see Clemson-Kentucky) but they're not a good indicator of team vs team or conference vs conference any longer. Are we really to believe we got a fair representation of Missouri and Ohio State after the Cotton Bowl?

Personally, I think we should stop counting W/L results for any bowls that aren't part of the playoffs because they really don't matter and players are treating them as such. Christian McCaffrey started this opt-out stuff and it's now exploded as players save themselves for the Draft. On one hand, I admire Will Shipley for playing this week. On the other, he's a complete moron because he might've shredded his knee in the process.

Even if FSU was healthy, they weren't beating Georgia if this was a true playoff game. I think Georgia would have won by a minimum of 2 scores.

Close the chapter on these crybabies from Tallahassee.

Ah pretty sure for most of us who follow college football and will for the rest of our lives…this chapter will always be open
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Ah pretty sure for most of us who follow college football and will for the rest of our lives…this chapter will always be open

63-3 closed this forever. The committee made the right choice getting the 4 best teams into the playoffs this year. FSU was nowhere near that and it showed against Florida and Louisville. 

Had FSU won yesterday or kept it close, then sure, keep it open. 

There's a reason Michigan's room had the reaction it did when it saw it had to face Bama rather than FSU. They were hoping for a free bye week and an easy path to the final game.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

Doubling down…they KNEW Georgia was gonna skullfuck them and that they had ZERO chance of winning, so they all “opted out” to manufacture the excuse.

Yep. Losers, whiners, and pouters always have a reason for why they are losers, pouters, and whiners.

Just look at aggy.

Edited by Asithappens
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

No swamp there.  But, Ralph Waldo Emerson called Tallahassee “a grotesque place…rapidly settled by public officers, land speculators, and desperadoes.” 

I've been to Gainesville and it ain't exactly a tourist destination. I can see why kids might choose Miami, Boca Raton, and Tampa for early playing time near the beach.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Florida is swamp, therefore Swamp aggy

1) Leon County has rolling hills.  No swamps.

2) Original Florida Field was built on a drained swamp where gators lived.  Hence Spurrier later naming it the Swamp. 

3) I do not want FSU associated with anything having to do with Florida. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

2) Original Florida Field was built on a drained swamp where gators lived.  Hence Spurrier later naming it the Swamp. 

still

swamp aggy

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rimbo said:

They might still.

They've already announced they are lighting up the capitol building for their undefeated season.

I understand they hung a Final Four banner for their 2020 basketball team.

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, gatormarc said:

They might still.

They've already announced they are lighting up the capitol building for their undefeated season.

This is a joke right?!

edit: He isn't joking. 

image.png.b8e1f9f0478eb009da86646966e03f5a.png

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

32 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Python aggy?

14 minutes ago, gatormarc said:

They might still.

Only problem is they are no longer undefeated.