MNC game at NRG Stadium tickets

markstanco

On 12/19/2023 at 3:57 PM, ITHorn said:

Anyone have an idea when Texans STH and Corporate tickets start to go out? I would imagine sometime around Christmas the local inventory starts to hit the market. 

I think we heard that Texans STH don't have an option to buy for the natty game.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

So my connection got word he should get tickets if we make it.  My predicament is this:

I didn't go to the 05 Rose Bowl (06 whatever) and we won.

I went to the 09 game and we lost.

I think I have to sit this one out, if we do make it.

Am I crazy?  Probably.  Let's just beat Washington first.

Yea. You’re crazy.  You go if you have the chance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

So my connection got word he should get tickets if we make it.  My predicament is this:

I am the opposite. I went to the 05 game and did not go to the 09 game. Give me your tickets and I’ll cancel out your bad luck. Don’t be selfish with this.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

So my connecti  My predicament is this:

I went to the ‘05 Rose Bowl and paid well under $100 and we won. (I think that I paid around $40.)

And I went to the ‘06 Rose Bowl and we won.

I did not go to the Rose Bowl after the 2009 season because I was in Argentina (or maybe Punta del Este, Uruguay), but probably Argentina, depending on when the game was played.

We may need someone to buy a ticket to send me to the game. (I can drive down from Dallas.)

PS- I went to the Cotton Bowl win over Bear Bryant & Alabama (14-12), so I have pretty good luck over Bama in bowl games.

Edited by Napoleon

3 hours ago, BrewmanTX said:

Can you expand upon this?

I’m right at the 4,000 rank and I haven’t received any notification yet.

I’m just guessing here. My rank is 4,200ish and I was lucky to get tickets should we make it. I saw a poster somewhere who was 4,700 rank and they didn’t get tickets. So, my guess is cutoff was around ~4,500. So, you should be good at 4,000. I would call the foundation if you’ve gotten no communication because they are sending emails to everyone who did and did not get tickets. 

4 hours ago, Tailgate said:

I’m just guessing here. My rank is 4,200ish and I was lucky to get tickets should we make it. I saw a poster somewhere who was 4,700 rank and they didn’t get tickets. So, my guess is cutoff was around ~4,500. So, you should be good at 4,000. I would call the foundation if you’ve gotten no communication because they are sending emails to everyone who did and did not get tickets. 

For anyone keeping track of the cutoff, my rank is 4,187 and I DID receive tickets.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ITHorn said:

You may as well buy a Bama and a Michigan at those prices. You still get a ticket if Texas makes it and if they don’t you can still try and recoup some of your money by selling to a Michigan or Bama fan. 

Yeah this seems like the way to go.

Buy a Texas reservation: Texas plays = ticket for ~$1500 all in, Texas doesn't play = get nothing for $1k

Buy Bama+Michigan reservation: Texas plays = ticket for ~$1500 all in, Texas doesn't play = get ticket for ~$1500 and recoup what you can on the secondary market

Only downside is that if we go, you'll be sitting with opposing fans. But monetarily you come out way ahead assuming you can resell the ticket for more than approximately face value (which you can).

4 hours ago, tokamak said:

Yeah this seems like the way to go.

Buy a Texas reservation: Texas plays = ticket for ~$1500 all in, Texas doesn't play = get nothing for $1k

Buy Bama+Michigan reservation: Texas plays = ticket for ~$1500 all in, Texas doesn't play = get ticket for ~$1500 and recoup what you can on the secondary market

Only downside is that if we go, you'll be sitting with opposing fans. But monetarily you come out way ahead assuming you can resell the ticket for more than approximately face value (which you can).

I guess as long as you can get at least 500 bucks for the tickets. I am not sure how high the demand would be for a Washington/Bama game. You could still send up selling those tickets at less then 500….

7 minutes ago, po elvis said:

I did something like that for the 2009 game. I bought Oregon options fairly cheap and sold them high. Then I bought Bama cheap. Somehow it seems like I ended up going for free after factoring in the Oregon profits. High up endzone in Bama section, but it was free. 

I sat in a Bama section for that game and had no issues. Was hoping to mix it up with that psycho milf but no such luck. 

legoooooooooo.0.thumb.gif.be3fa662acf22fcb00d2a93dc552d940.gif

On 12/21/2023 at 9:58 PM, Biff Tannen said:

You should give the tix to me. I went in 2005, but not 2009 

I'm starting to question my assumption that ticket prices will go up if we beat Washington. They've already risen considerably - from $1300 to around $2100 get-in-the-door price. I think all four fanbases are buying right now to lock in a price. Obviously two of the four are going to be selling on January 2.

3 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I'm starting to question my assumption that ticket prices will go up if we beat Washington. They've already risen considerably - from $1300 to around $2100 get-in-the-door price. I think all four fanbases are buying right now to lock in a price. Obviously two of the four are going to be selling on January 2.

If you were looking at it like a stock or investment and are buying futures, you would assume the likely probabilities are baked into the ticket prices. I agree with your assessment that they likely now  reflect what happens if the favorites win. When you add in extra tickets that will hit the market when the 40k from the schools make it to the second had market it starts to seem more likely

24 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I think that $2100 get in the door goes down if it is Texas Bama.  If UW wins it does down significantly.  If it is Bama/UW, I'm pretty confident tix will be well under face (considering face is pretty pricy for this game).   If it is Texas/Michigan all bets are off.  Hard to know where it would land.  Really no precedent other than Texas/USC when digital tickets/online market wasn't really a thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

I think that $2100 get in the door goes down if it is Texas Bama.  If UW wins it does down significantly.  If it is Bama/UW, I'm pretty confident tix will be well under face (considering face is pretty pricy for this game).   If it is Texas/Michigan all bets are off.  Hard to know where it would land.  Really no precedent other than Texas/USC when digital tickets/online market wasn't really a thing.

Already been discussed in this thread, but I think the move for someone that wanted to buy right now would be to buy an RSVP and then layoff some of the risk with a moneyline bet on Washington. By my math you could guarantee you break even if Washington wins, or end up with a ticket for a little bit less than the current secondary market price if Texas wins. On the other hand, as you said, Texas fans buying now are going to take a bath if we lose.

Wish I would have known about the CFB RSVP site earlier in the season. Will definitely be something to keep an eye on in the future. The $1,440 for a Texas lower level RSVP now puts the total cost including face at $2,190. Not a ton of potential savings on the bone at that point given the risk. You'd be better off just betting the $2190 on Texas Moneyline and either be down $2190 if they lose or have $3400 to spend on a better seat after factoring in winnings if TX wins. 

Buying any Texas RSVP at these prices is basically just gambling in another form.

Edited by ITHorn