The Great Value Red River Shootout: Aggy vs. Okie Lite

markstanco

Just now, mdleast said:

Let’s go ahead and get ourselves ready for the Looch “ I’m so proud of this team and how gritty they fought in a lunchpail, grind it out manner effort” post.

And of course, the evergreen “ the future is bright!”

WHOOP!!!

‘This team of back ups took it to the last snap of the game’

’we ran out of time’ 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:

I don't want to go over there, but I'm struggling to imagine how they could possibly contort this into a moral victory.

They just went toe to toe with the Big 12 runner ups with their 4th string. The big 12 sucks and Texas doesnt know what coming for em. That is what I keep reading over there. 

copium_png.png?auto=format,compress&dpr=

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, AeroHorn said:

Frankly, I was expecting more give up from eggy. They played well given the circumstances. Of course, even their good play was not enough but that is reality.

I don't think it was about "giving up" as much as Oklahoma State simply isn't good. 

That's been obvious for weeks. It's why I wasn't even remotely worried about the Big 12 championship game. This was a team that barely escaped against UH/BYU and were spanked by UCF. 

Oklahoma State has been shitty for weeks now. We were just lucky to avoid OU or K-State in the Big 12 championship game. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:

I don't want to go over there, but I'm struggling to imagine how they could possibly contort this into a moral victory.

Well first of all, consider the mental state of things. Aggys are still hung over from didna caring and got jimbo'd, so they didn't really want to be in the game. Meanwhile, this was Okie Lite's superbowl, cause they were playing an SEC team which just means more. So already the ags were down.

Not to mention they were on their 8th string quarterback whom, among other things, would later in life make a great coordinator but not head coach, and it's pretty amazing that the Ags were able to go the distance. If only they hadn't run out of time. One thing is for certain, Okie Lite deffo doesn't want to play Aggy again this season. Whoop!

1 minute ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Oh, so it's not that he's a good coach, it's that he played a whole lot of trash teams.  Got it.

Was the 2018 Texas Longhorns a trash team? They beat Georgia...

Though they did lose to Maryland...point taken.

But how can a non-insane look at Gundy's tenure at Oklahoma State and conclude he is a shitty coach? Oklahoma State was, and had been for almost 20 years, total shit before he got there against both trash and non-trash opponents. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, AeroHorn said:

Frankly, I was expecting more give up from eggy. They played well given the circumstances. Of course, even their good play was not enough but that is reality.

The entire aggy coaching staff and  players in warm ups wore ERob worship shirts + Gundy forgetting how to coach against OU and in bowls. This is the result 99 times out of 100.