2024 Rain Thread: All Your El Nino Are Belong to Us

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning 75% prediction of storms starting at 3pm and continuing through 10pm with a predicted .4 inches of rain. Now chances down to 46% and down to .04 inches of rain.

We ain't getting shit. 

Also, 10 days straight of 91 - 96 starting Saturday. Hello blastfurnace.

6 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

This morning 75% prediction of storms starting at 3pm and continuing through 10pm with a predicted .4 inches of rain. Now chances down to 46% and down to .04 inches of rain.

We ain't getting shit. 

Also, 10 days straight of 91 - 96 starting Saturday. Hello blastfurnace.

image.png.04de222db67db11321c4f25131370264.png

You can see that the line north of Austin put the brakes on and doesn't want to come any further south. Keep the hail away but I need some rain to wash in the ironite and weed/feed I just put down in anticipation of this.

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

We ain't getting shit. 

Happy to be wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Paper_jam said:

You can see that the line north of Austin put the brakes on and doesn't want to come any further south. Keep the hail away but I need some rain to wash in the ironite and weed/feed I just put down in anticipation of this.

Hopefully it kept the hail away, but fuck if we didn't get some sideways rain in Central Austin.

That was a F'in gullywasher in 78731 (near Far West). Sideways rain, minor road flooding, the whole nine yards. One of the Hydromet gauges near me say 2.6 inches, the other 1.3. My backyard gauge says 1.5 inches. So definitely a "bullseye". Rained out my kiddo's kickball game, and scared the crap outta my pre-K kiddo getting off the bus at about 3:30.  

1.5” in 78717 (Brushy Creek, west side of Round Rock).

Last night around 10 pm we had a brief .2” shower that also brought about 6 or 7 minutes of light pea-size hail. 
This is by our back door under the patio cover:

IMG_5589.jpeg