2024 Rain Thread: All Your El Nino Are Belong to Us

22 minutes ago, texasdago said:

A question... Does getting a bunch of rain in the Lake Buchanan watershed do anything to help Lake Travis?

its good - great even. Buchanan has an enormous capacity and could pass water down to Lake Travis, while keeping Travis free to absorb Llano or Pedernales flooding.

4" bomb on Pecan Bayou - that's the sweet stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, CleverNickname said:

its good - great even. Buchanan has an enormous capacity and could pass water down to Lake Travis, while keeping Travis free to absorb Llano or Pedernales flooding.

4" bomb on Pecan Bayou - that's the sweet stuff. 

Just saw that.  Getting pounded right by the Colorado. 

Seth Meyers Yes GIF by PeacockTV

Could be a 3-4 inch total just under OH Ivie and Pecan Bayou might clear 8 inches tonight. 10 an outside chance. That’s a fucking rain bomb.

IMG_4685.thumb.png.c4365f338cd13b08ae36e3f166df987b.png
IMG_4686.thumb.png.55b497abc9116181a662488d4a0320c2.png

Too bad it’s not sitting over the Perd

5 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Jim Spencer just said some area in Concho Co. (west of San Angelo) had 3 FEET of hail. Never heard of that.

So glad he’s back!!

15 minutes ago, Horns99 said:

Too bad it’s not sitting over the Perd

For the short term yeah but the mid term water anywhere in the lcra basin above mansfield is water in Travis sooner or later.

6 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Jim Spencer just said some area in Concho Co. (west of San Angelo) had 3 FEET of hail. Never heard of that.

That's insane. Just went to go find something on that and got this from FB. Concho is east of San Angelo, btw, but whatevs. The town they mention is just south of Lake Ivie.

https://www.facebook.com/NWSSanAngelo

image.png.ba541c6691f6cb24be18df9c29fdb8cb.png

Some photos that a person posted. Click the link for video to see a giant pile of hail next to the road..

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1228425061477520&set=pcb.1228431311476895

image.thumb.png.841ed52fb5852d8141072722962cddda.png

image.thumb.png.3bede2d74b6f7e1395df3f810609bf8d.png

Another posted this shot of the hail at Lake Ivie.

image.thumb.png.e7d640d2e3032d29f831a8eaaff43f5d.png

@ROFL BOX Is that area too far for you?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Another posted this shot of the hail at Lake Ivie.
image.thumb.png.e7d640d2e3032d29f831a8eaaff43f5d.png
[mention=1009]ROFL BOX[/mention] Is that area too far for you?

I don't "storm chase", however I do travel if an opportunity comes up.
We have done Houston, San Antonio, Frisco / McKinney / Amarillo / Lubbock... San Angelo wouldn't be an issue. (Apartments, Single Ply, metal, shingles).
  I guess I'm missing out by not cold calling & door knocking however I don't like being "that guy".

Buchanan will get some upward movement from this.   These are the kinds of streamflow numbers you need to see in the watershed to make a dent in the lake levels.

image.png.16b952b68631716eae838d9aa264ca19.png

• Drool 1

White Rock Creek along Greenville in Dallas hit 17 feet above normal overnight - only 3 feet off the record. Rowlett in Garland is high as well - not up to 2015 flood numbers, but still enough to mess up the hiking/MTB trails for weeks. 

3A4A9CE6-A728-4F77-B6E8-EE4558EF8923.jpeg

98424F89-9584-4242-8B97-54F3024C2C7D.jpeg

2 hours ago, hornian said:

That was some of he loudest thunder I’ve heard in Austin in 20+ years (about 2 a.m. last night).

All three of my kids slept through it. 

I slept through it, too.  My son told me about it this morning.  He said it was super close -- I went out to check for downed trees.

8 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Line falling apart right as it approaches Comal Co. Who would have thought?

We got another one that's about to skirt us to the SE. Might tickle my balls for a few minutes but that's it.

Holy shit. Wife and I got the kids off to various sleepovers last night and booked a room at the Four Seasons. Had no idea a storm came through until we got home. First time I’ve heard Barton Creek from my back yard in about 3 years. Love it!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Holy shit. Wife and I got the kids off to various sleepovers last night and booked a room at the Four Seasons. Had no idea a storm came through until we got home. First time I’ve heard Barton Creek from my back yard in about 3 years. Love it!

This is how you make update posts. 

• Haha 1

Buchanan up 2 ft so far and flows suggest more to come. Travis up a foot. Ground is soaked so any more rain in the next few weeks would be awesome.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1