CFP Semifinal: Texas vs Washington - 7:45pm on ESPN

Pancho

6 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

I would like every post game question be about the swing pass play call.

Blue can make people miss big time he gets that to the 4 yard line and we have a bunch of better options. It was to the boundary so he was going to get out of bounds. Not a terrible call imo. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

We hate running slants on a wide open middle of the field. Atrocious play calling at the end. Hire a fucking OC Sark.

This is what I think it’s going to take eventually.. maybe a different DB coach as well 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

the 2 passes to dirt intended for Sanders (his last horn game)

X wasn't targeted in all the passes, right? 

so we lose Jordan, X, Sanders right?

and mitchell

Just now, Zeus said:

We lose AD as well. 

It's going to be a bunch of badass young guys and transfers though. Not going to reload at TE really but we will have guys that can block. 

I read ‘guys that can block’ as ‘white TE’s’

6 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

If we had just gotten into the end zone the previous possession instead of having to settle for the FG.  Fucking hell.  Red zone woes ended up costing us.

This was the difference. 

• Hook 'Em 1

First pass was trying to get a cheap 3-4 yards. Scheming for ad, jwhitt, or jt would have been better. Shit put helm in there and I bet they forget to cover him

jT wouldn’t look for the ball earlier in the drive. JWhitt, X, AD were better options. Baxter could have been one as well.

5 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

We ran 4 plays from the 12 and only 1 of them was a catchable ball in the end zone. JR penis would have thrown 4 in the end zone. 

All true. Not taking 4 shots was a complete failure. 

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Lol are you retarded?

We were running it up the gut for 10 yards the whole game

Harbough won't get cute he will run it every down and burn up the whole clock on this shit ass team. 

And I bet one of the most penalized teams in the nation won't have another perfectly clean game like this one. 

This. McCarthy was 7/8 in the Penn state game. They put that game away running it 20 straight times and only threw 1 pass in the second half. Harbaugh will run it 40 straight times if the run d is as soft as it looked tonight. 

I haven't taken part in any of this thread - I just want to say I was proud as hell of this team. Yeah losing sucks, but we fought like hell and had a chance to win in a game that for all intents and purposes we had no business even being in as shitty as we played.

From what I see from this staff, we have a very bright future. I hope the players and coaches build on this and go further.

This will hurt, but Hook'Em.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Minute Bull said:

The offensive genius comes up with those 4 plays in a must score situation.  Good lord.

Season on the line.  Berth in national championship game.

And those are the 4 plays that the "genius" comes up with.  What a flaming pile of dogshit those last plays were.  And Ewers was just as bad.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 8

5 minutes ago, Minute Bull said:

The offensive genius comes up with those 4 plays in a must score situation.  Good lord.

He's going to earn his paycheck keeping these guys hungry moving forward

This entire class of upper classmen was built for this year

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

I just can’t believe we didn’t have anything more creative. McElroy was talking about double posts. That or a post/flag package. Just something other than the high fade with a QB that isn’t the most accurate 

Nah. He ran the right play.

I'm throwing it to Mitchell 1 on 1 with no Lbs or DL to tip it, etc, too. 

Sanders wasn't a post up threat. 

Worthy wasn't the hands guy. 

Go to the Whittington / Mitchell 2 man read. 

Just make a better throw there. 

Everything there except the ball position was right. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, vandergriff said:

Season on the line.  Berth in national championship game.

And those are the 4 plays that the "genius" comes up with.  What a flaming pile of dogshit those last plays were.  And Ewers was just as bad.

Shut up neg king

1 minute ago, troph said:

Blue can make people miss big time he gets that to the 4 yard line and we have a bunch of better options. It was to the boundary so he was going to get out of bounds. Not a terrible call imo. 

No it was terrible because you know that play with the toss fake is going to take too long. You can actually run 4 plays with three quick shots. You can get three quick throws in 14 seconds.

• Hook 'Em 3

they proved they belonged in this game. they still make too many mistakes but they don't quit.

great season, good ending. it was quite fun...which has been excruciatingly rare the last 13 years. 🤘

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Just now, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:
4 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

If our ball carriers would stop one-arming the ball in heavy traffic, or when contact is imminent, maybe they wouldn't fumble the fucking ball.

Coaching.

Absolutely. I've said it many times and previously in this game thread. No excuse for Tashard Choice, but the buck stops with Sark on that. It's inexcusable. While wrapping the ball up doesn't guarantee a perfect hit won't cause a fumble, neither of those in this game would have occurred, nor multiple others this season.

Brooks is the best ball protector on the team, and he was coached by Drayton.

Just now, Slacks said:

Nah. He ran the right play.

I'm throwing it to Mitchell 1 on 1 with no Lbs or DL to tip it, etc, too. 

Sanders wasn't a post up threat. 

Worthy wasn't the hands guy. 

Go to the Whittington / Mitchell 2 man read. 

Just make a better throw there. 

Everything there except the ball position was right. 

All that’s true but that’s kinda the point. It’s a super low percentage play under the absolute best circumstances. You’ve got to come up with something that gives you a better shot to win.

Ewers didn’t have the luxury to know to throw that last ball lower. He’s under pressure and throwing to a spot before Mitchell is set. Probably trying to throw a fade. Seems obvious in hindsight but not quite that simple in live fire.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Absurd we had a chance. Last series was terrible by Sarkisian. We got beat all game then had a chance for a miracle and I'm not sure what happened. First down on the last series is the most inexplicable play call since Greg Davis called for play action on 3rd and 30.

Everybody is blaming it on Sarkisian but Ewers is the one who decides who to throw to.  Other than the WTF call to Jaden the other passes were decisions by Ewers. He didn't have to throw those fade routes. Especially with as poorly timed as they were.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

It sucks losing this one, but everything is on an upward trend in Austin.    We really did defy most of the so called experts and got to this stage.   We should take some inspiration from Michigan and see how they bounced back this playoff after being humiliated by fricking TCU last year.    That didn’t happen to us.    

We should be back in the expanded playoff next season.     We will have a favorable first SEC season schedule.     We will have an excellent chance to go into Ana Arbor and get a signature win early.   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrBig said:

You throw it back shoulder when the defender is in front of you and not at your fucking back shoulder to swat it away.  

He threw it high and slow for the defender to come over the top and swat it. 

Throw out back and down so the defender has to interfere to get a hand on it, and your guy can get both hands on it cleanly. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep. Should’ve been a bullet back shoulder. Idk wtf Quinn was doing on those last 3 plays. His throws never even gave us a chance to win. 

Quinn was headcase / arm angle Quinn all game.

He’s got all the tools physically but his mental game is still suspect to me.

I hope he converts to Islam or whatever religion that can get him the mental discipline that’s needed.

He can be a half of phase off for some fucking unknown reason to me AND to himself.

Or he can be locked in and unstoppable.

it’s all in his head IMO.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• immamac unpinned this topic