NFL Black Monday Predictions 2024 and New Coach speculatin’

Texzilla58

How are both of those guys remembered if Vinatieri decided to miss some of those kicks during that run?

Good question.

I have wondered how the Bills franchise goes if they hit the game winner against the Giants. With each subsequent Super Bowl, they got worse. And negative plays/events seem to snowball.
  • Like 1

How are both of those guys remembered if Vinatieri decided to miss some of those kicks during that run?
Well neither of those kicks were do or die. So the game would continue on. Even if they lose those both, they end up with 4 rings.

But if we are doing hypotheticals, they lost both Super Bowls to Eli with him completing some very improbable passes. That could have been 2 more.

You can play this with so many games out there that could change the course of history.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Pete got Seahawks their only SB win. And got them there twice. The hell!? People don’t appreciate great HCs. He nearly made the playoffs with Geno! He held that team together when Russ was a shell of himself. People are morons. Damn. 

• Like 1

Well neither of those kicks were do or die. So the game would continue on. Even if they lose those both, they end up with 4 rings.

But if we are doing hypotheticals, they lost both Super Bowls to Eli with him completing some very improbable passes. That could have been 2 more.

You can play this with so many games out there that could change the course of history.

I believe the tuck rule preceded a 45 yarder in the snow. If he misses its game over most likely. That same season they won at Pitt. Brady got hurt after having led the offense to 0 points prior to his exit. They won the AFC championship game without him essentially. Special teams I believe scored twice.

The offense/special teams outscored the defense 13-7 in that first Super Bowl. The defense created 3 turnovers. The offense generated 267 yards. Vinatieri hit a 48 yarder to win it.

They lost to the Giants due to those low percentage completions from Eli but also because the offense didn’t do the job. Since January 13, 1975, there have only been 2 teams win scoring less than 20. The Giants over the Pats. And the Pats over the Rams. And the Pats scored a measly 17 in the other loss. And if you want to talk impossible passes, credit Edelman for his incredible catch versus the Falcons.

There have been 10 Super Bowls, 6 of which were in the first 9 games, in which the losing team did not reach double digits. So in 4 of almost the last 50 games the loser scored 9 or less. Brady was the winning QB two of those 4 times.

Tell me again who this one man responsible is?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Pete got Seahawks their only SB win. And got them there twice. The hell!? People don’t appreciate great HCs. He nearly made the playoffs with Geno! He held that team together when Russ was a shell of himself. People are morons. Damn. 

To win championships now in the NFL you have to have a great offense  -- just review all the newer rule changes.  Pete's recent teams suck on offense.  Cowturd has some valuable comments about this.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

To win championships now in the NFL you have to have a great offense  -- just review all the newer rule changes.  Pete's recent teams suck on offense.  Cowturd has some valuable comments about this.

Pete was holding that shit together with Duck tape. If he’d have had the chance to draft a QB I think he’d have been fine. They barely missed the playoffs with Geno. And a dash of Mizzou guy. Plus, he always had a soft spot for drafting Longhorns even when no one else seemed to care. I appreciate him for this. Even moved up in the draft for Dickson. Damn. He’s still a great HC. Cowherd was always on the Wilson train only to find out Wilson sucks as a pocket passer. But his insight isn’t bad on most topics. 

I don’t think it said he was fired or retired. Might have been mutual where at Pete’s age, does he want to be part of a tear down rebuild? Wouldn’t be shocked if this was his last year anything. Maybe he’ll find a mentorship role somewhere where he’s still around football but doesn’t have the pressure or travel schedule of a head coach

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I don’t think it said he was fired or retired. Might have been mutual where at Pete’s age, does he want to be part of a tear down rebuild? Wouldn’t be shocked if this was his last year anything. Maybe he’ll find a mentorship role somewhere where he’s still around football but doesn’t have the pressure or travel schedule of a head coach

Said on CBS sports he has role with team at VP operations like level? I guess that’s what I read. I was busy trying to build a forcefield with my mind around Sark but it looks like it wasn’t necessary as Lanning seems to be their dude. I wouldn’t want to follow behind Saban but whatever…

10 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Is there a new rule that says teams have to publicly announce who've they interviewed? I don't remember tweets like this in the past. It was always reports like, "Sources say coach X is meeting with team Y today for the second time." 

It’s not a rule. The Atlanta owners are trying to show how competent they are after Arthur Smith

• Hook 'Em 1

So Belichik had an interview with Arthur Blank for the Falcons.

I wonder if they had Bill fill out an application or take a personality test. What questions does Art ask him? So Bill, if you were a tree, what would you be? What is your spirit animal? What would be your biggest negative. Is coaching an art or science? Can you work weekends?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texzilla58 said:

I wonder if they had Bill fill out an application or take a personality test. What questions does Art ask him? So Bill, if you were a tree, what would you be? What is your spirit animal? What would be your biggest negative. Is coaching an art or science? Can you work weekends?

Probably wants to know if he could actually utilize a top 10 RB pick, top 10 WR pick and top 10 TE pick correctly  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Belichik to the eagles, calling it now 

Depends alot on what he thinks of Hurts.  Belichick didn't want to pay prime Tom Brady a max/full market value because it would eat up too much cap, now he's gonna be cool with Jalen Hurts and that $255 million contract kneecapping the payroll for the foreseeable future?

12 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Depends alot on what he thinks of Hurts.  Belichick didn't want to pay prime Tom Brady a max/full market value because it would eat up too much cap, now he's gonna be cool with Jalen Hurts and that $255 million contract kneecapping the payroll for the foreseeable future?

and belichick was dead wrong 

nfl is a qb league 

• Hook 'Em 1

What do you, if you are up 28-3 in the Super Bowl?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Brady was fine with his pay as he wanted to win and bought in. Helped he had a wife that made more than him. After he had to get rid of garrapolo he quit developing QBs. That was short sighted.

18 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Bill, what would you say your biggest weakness is?

19 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

* a lot

5 minutes ago, The Dog said:

That’s actually not a bad hire. He’s not a HC but he is good with QBs and play calling when he’s not the HC. He can identify and develop talent at that position. It either works here or another one way ticket to Thailand again.