2024 NFL Playoffs - Wild Card Weekend

TrashMaster G

Also Stroud has been VERY good.  Next year all the NFL teams will have a season of film on him and all the Texans fans will wonder why he isn’t as good.  Seems to have the talent and coach to push through it though.

Edited by Surly Bevo

25 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Also Stroud has been VERY good.  Next year all the NFL teams will have a season of film on him and all the Texans fans will wonder why he isn’t as good.  Seems to have the talent and coach to push through it though.

Better win it all this year then before they have film

Futurama Squinting GIF

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

yes, next season because the nfl scouts haven’t been watching him all season 

Come On Reaction GIF

It wasn't some crazy statement.  Almost every first-year QB that flashes takes a bit of a step back in their second year.  Coaches and scouts are not watching him and what the Texans offense is doing with him at the helm all season, they are primarily watching whatever their next opponent is doing.  

Did you miss the "whole month to prepare for the CFP Semifinals vs the week to prepare for the CFP Final" conversation?

Also I didn't say he wasn't gonna get through it....that's just how this league normally works.

4 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Retractable 

Let it be a team option. 

They never open the roof. Buffalo would be giving up a huge home field advantage if the built a dome. Minnesota used to have a great home field until they moved inside in the 80’s. Think about how hard it is to win in Green Bay in January. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

It wasn't some crazy statement.  Almost every first-year QB that flashes takes a bit of a step back in their second year.  Coaches and scouts are not watching him and what the Texans offense is doing with him at the helm all season, they are primarily watching whatever their next opponent is doing.  

Did you miss the "whole month to prepare for the CFP Semifinals vs the week to prepare for the CFP Final" conversation?

Also I didn't say he wasn't gonna get through it....that's just how this league normally works.

Usually this is a thing, but I feel like certain styles this doesn't happen. Mainly orthodox prototypical NFL quarterback drop back and hit guys with good accuracy style. It doesn't have a tendency or weakness. It's not like he crumbles under the blitz or when teams drop 8. 

He's gonna be fine next year, probably more dangerous. 

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Good for whomever had the authority to postpone this. That is not ideal weather for anyone to be out at all, much less have tens of thousands traveling to and from. Seems like a logistical nightmare.

Not to mention the actual game would be terrible. After the novelty wears off of seeing a white screen, the game itself would suck.  That is not just normal cold and snow. No one is going to go out there and help shovel that shit, either.

• Hook 'Em 2

Personally I kind of like the Peacock stream. It seems like a higher resolution picture than my normal over the air signal.
Or it's a higher frame rate. Either way it looks nicer.

Well there are probably like 8 people watching so I’m sure the bandwidth is excellent.

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

One thing the weather does favor the Dolphins in. These KC receivers couldn’t catch for shit in normal conditions. How the fuck they gonna catch tonigjt?

Make their gloves a little wet, ball will freeze right to them like the flagpole in Christmas Story

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

Personally I kind of like the Peacock stream. It seems like a higher resolution picture than my normal over the air signal.

Or it's a higher frame rate. Either way it looks nicer.

On the TV with a borrowed code, it looks like shit.

On Streameast, it looks pretty damned good.

Nope. Mine is crystal clear, I think it might be in 4K.

Peacock won't have as good of shots of Taylor Swift, though. The glass on the luxury boxes is iced up

I'm using the Peacock app on an XBox Series X. Not sure how much that matters

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

If you have a lady in your life, tell her you  subscribed to Peacock for her. Chicks love that Bravo shit. You might get laid after the game. 

I'm married.  Takes a little more than $6 for that kind of action.

So is the Watson trade now worse than the Walker trade the Vikings made with the Cowboys?  Not yet, right?  Since the Cowboys won multiple SBs off that trade.  But goddamn did the Browns Browns it up with that trade.  Spend a quarter billion dollars on a rapist that doesn't even play.  Get their ass kicked by the team they traded all the picks to in the playoffs.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

This is gonna be a train wreck. Can’t wait. 

Then tomorrow morning we have ManU v. Tottenham on Peacock. 

6 bucks. Cough it up. Then cancel after a month. After you watch Poker Face. 

Yeah fuck that. Streameast costs me $0. For me its the principle. The NFL already has games on  ESPN and Amazon which cost money. Why encourage those fuckstains to find 16 different stream services to maximize consumer cost. they can eat a bushel of dicks. 

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Jason Garrett for the next 4 hours?

Just said the same thing. I heard that voice and I was like fuck me running.  Galindo and Garrett are like game starting punches in the nuts.

Edited by AbeFroman